Chapter 89
135 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 89

They reached the Metropolis but it was already morning. They were tired but because of the tension, they couldn't yawn nor close their eyes for a long time. 

Especially, Yua and Charla, they were getting monitored by Keenan. Of course, Keenan was used to not sleeping for a week so staying a whole night was not a problem for him. 

First Fantasia gave them some N-cores to eat. 

"You have to energize your body if you want to have a proper conversation with me."

She said. Now that her vision was clear because of the sunlight, she realized that Yua and Charla were both wearing overused suits that had patches and holes. Not only that, they didn't have spare N-cores in their pockets. Possibly because they sold all of them. Indeed, they were in dire need of money. 

Yua hesitated and stared at them, especially at Keenan. However, Charla took a mouthful of N-cores and swallowed them without delay. Yua bit her lip and grabbed some N-cores, she cracked them and gulped hard. It was a week since the last time she ate N-cores. 

Energy moved in her body and warmed her up, she controlled the energy and it dissipated. Her exhaustion disappeared and she could think straight again. 

Fantasia was looking at them. 

"So let's start with this. I'm not confident that I can give you this Kakaiba."

She dropped the bluish crystal on the table and both of the women looked at it intently. 

The color of N-cores is red, however, a Kakaiba N-core is different. Just like the N-core on the table. It was a transparent blue crystal, the purity of the crystal was promising and the Nightbreaker that would eat this N-core could gain the said power. Although the chances of achieving that were slim. 

Charla glanced at her partner. Yua was biting her lip, she was desperate. Charla nodded and decided to talk instead. It was better if she was the one who's going to speak. 

Charla took a deep breath and opened her mouth. 

"We were scammed."

………
……

"Do you believe them?"

Keenan and Fantasia were sitting on the chair, it was already thirty minutes ago when Charla and Yua left. 

The end of their conversation was quite harsh, Fantasia said that she won't give the Kakaiba N-core. Although she gave them three Class-A N-cores because of sympathy. 

Yua was angry and tried to steal the Kakaiba but Charla stopped her. Yua was fuming and stormed out of the room with her bloodshot eyes.

Before they left, Charla bowed her head and apologized. She promised that she would pay them after some time. Charla understood that she could never get the Kakaiba. Although at one point she was hoping that Fantasia would listen to her story and give the Kakaiba. She was immature in that aspect.

In the end, they left with disappointment. Charla thanked them for saving their lives but she was sad that she couldn't get the Kakaiba. 

"Do you believe them?"

"No, how about you?" Fantasia shook her head. She could see that Charla was not lying but Yua's expression was strained the whole time. As if she was hiding something. 

"That Yua girl is lying. I know it."

Keenan confidently said.

"Why do you think so?" She asked, Keenan was sharp in this kind of thing. 

"Because I saw her when we came here, our first day in the Metropolis. I saw Yua together with two black guys. I remembered her because her complexion is unique, she's a Nasian. One of the people of the East."

Nasian was the equivalent of Asian.

Just like the Earth, Thera has seven continents too. One of them was Nasia, which was a wide continent and has diverse cultures. Based on Yua's complexion, she's from the country of Pajan. 

"Do you mean…"

"Yes, she had sex with them, both of them. I can confirm that she was so clingy while the guys are rubbing her ass."

Keenan added. He did not have a reason to lie. He and Fantasia are partners so they have to trust each other. 

"I see, I guess we have to be ready."

"Yeah, that woman looked desperate."

Fantasia sighed, it was their first mission together yet they had already confronted a Kakaiba. It was fortunate that they overcome the problem without getting heavily injured. She owed Keenan about that. 

"By the way, nice acting you have there." She said and gave Keenan a bottle of lemon juice. 

"Thanks," Keenan caught it. "I'm actually surprised that you easily get what I'm doing."

"You're always calm despite acting stupid sometimes. I know that you won't punch her without a reason."

"Hey, when did I act stupid in front of you?"

"Right now."

Fantasia stared as Keenan was having a hard time opening the bottle. 

"Ah, this damn bottle. Can you give me another one?"

"See, what did I say?"

"Okay, fine. You're right I'm stupid, are you happy now?"

"Not even a bit."

Fantasia threw another bottle, it was far away from Keenan. Keenan clicked his tongue and raised his arms just to catch it. As always, he's fast for an Arma. 

"By the way, what are you going to do with the Kakaiba?"

Keenan asked and drank the juice. Fantasia has the last call because Keenan was just the employee. He had to be professional.

"About that, it will be a waste to sell it."

"So you're going to eat it then. Are you sure you can absorb it? It's minimal but there is a chance that you can obtain a new power if you successfully absorbed all 100% of the N-core."

"I'm confident with my concentration, however, my Aunt told me one thing about you…"

"Oh God, don't tell me it's about the nurse?"

"Nurse? What did you do to nurse?" She narrowed her eyes, she was curious about that. 

"Nothing."

Keenan immediately shook his head.

She let it slip because it was not important, for now.

"… Anyway, my Aunt said that you can absorb every N-core with a 99% rate. Is that true?" 

"It's bogus! Who said 99%? I can absorb 100%!" He replied, heaved his chest, and crossed his arm before he scoffed. 

"Good, that's better. You already reached your limitations so this is the only way for you to get stronger. We are lucky to have this Kakaiba. Even my Aunt can't find a Kakaiba because it's rare."

"Okay, no problem with that."

Keenan easily accepted it. He knew that the best way to use this Kakaiba was for him to use it. 

5