Chapter 94
270 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 94

"I'm a kid who lost her purpose. At first, I kept practicing believing that I can turn things around, hoping that my Aura will awaken. But nothing happened, I was just a defective product of my parents. It was painful when I saw the emotions in their eyes as if they wasted 10 years of their lives. My mother asked Aunt to take me, I think it's not because of sympathy, it because of disgrace."

Fantasia paused, she couldn't look straight to Keenan. Not when he was staring so hard at her, waiting for her to continue her story. She bit her lip.

"Then, I realized that I can never awaken my Aura except for reaching Class-S. That's why my whole life, my whole eight years, I devoted it to reaching Class-S. I know that I'm obsessed with that goal, and I know that you know it too. But I can't help it, it is the whole reason for my life. To awaken my Aura and prove myself to my parents that I'm not a defect… Then," Kimberly gulped. 

"Then, maybe they can accept me, maybe they can be my parents again… After all those years, I can't hate them." 

Keenan shook his head, stifling his laugh, he knew that Fantasia's childhood was fucked up but he didn't know that Fantasia herself was fucked up. 

"I know I'm stupid."

She didn't deny it. Although she was not sure herself. Perhaps at one point, she would aim her weapon at their throats. 

"I'm glad you know. What if your parents didn't accept you even if you became a Class-S? What's your next goal?" 

Keenan asked because it was important for him. He wanted to know if Fantasia has the thirst for God-Class. 

"To be honest, I don't know. But, I will be angry and disappointed. Hehe, maybe I will become a God-Class and massacred the whole Clan." 

For the first time, Keenan found a genuine smile on her face. 

"Oh shit!"

He cursed and started laughing, he didn't know if Fantasia was joking. He realized that behind her mature behavior she had a childish character. He was laughing so hard because it was funny. 

Fantasia just smirked as she witnessed his reaction. She thought that Keenan feel sad about her fast, yet, that bastard started laughing. Treating her life as a joke. Well, her life was indeed a joke in the first place. Receiving fake love since childhood only to realize that she wasn't needed anymore. 

"Pfft-haha, that's the most stupid backstory that I ever heard."

"Thank you."

Fantasia bowed her head, she was grateful. 

"Is that enough for you to trust me?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's enough!"

Keenan was laughing and Fantasia laughed together with him. At first, her laugh was awkward but it slowly turned into a genuine laugh. She didn't laugh at this for years. 

"As always, you're sharp. Thank you, for not sympathizing with me, thank you so much."

Fantasia extended her hand and Keenan took it, they had a well-made handshake. 

"Not a problem, I'm cool with your past. Hell, are you really sure about that when you said that you will massacre your Clan?"

Keenan had a fucked up past life so he was not that shocked. 

"They are strangers to me so why not, the only people I know there are my parents. If they show any disgust in their faces if we meet again, maybe I will massacre them."

"Hehe, I'm cool with that, but you have to be a God-Class first."

Keenan found it, REVENGE, FANTASIA WAS HUNGRY FOR REVENGE. She wanted to prove a point, and that hunger could make her stronger.

'I can use her.'

"Equivalent Exchange, do you know that philosophy?"

Keenan suggested.

"I know, I was hoping that you will say it."

"Eh? You're showing your greed, you know?"

"Keenan, in the first place, you know that I am obsessed with reaching Class-S. Greed will not leave my blood." 

Fantasia returned to being a cold woman, the smile on her face disappeared. She was not used to smiling and her facial muscles ached whenever she smile for so long. 

"You got a point. So since you told me a nice good old story, I will tell mine."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"What you're thinking is right," Keenan smiled like a devil. "I have a secret power."

"…" 

Fantasia was stunned, it was not obvious based on her reaction but she was stunned on the inside. She thought that Keenan would start talking about his life, to increase their Resonance. Yet, this person just dropped a bombshell and Fantasia didn't know what to say. She didn't expect this. She knew that Calix was good at manipulating the conversation, but she didn't know that he would use it like this. 

Fantasia sighed, this guy was really… 

"Okay, I know that you will not speak about your secret easily… So what do you want from me?" 

"Simple, I want you to tell me about yourself."

Keenan approached her, their faces were so close that they could hear each other's breathing. However, Fantasia didn't budge nor blush. Skinship wasn't a problem for her. In the first place, technically, she was holding Keenan's body every time they form a union. 

"I already talked about myself, what do you mean?"

"Fantasia don't treat me like I'm a fool. If you want our Resonance to increase, and to learn my power too, you have to at least show me that you're trustworthy."

"How about you? Are you even a trustworthy guy?"

"I just spoke one of my secrets, just like you."

"… Fair enough."

Fantasia agreed. As a matter of fact, what Keenan said was much heavier than her. Saying that he has secret power was like telling a bank account and its password. It means a lot for his future but Keenan told her about it. 

'This means that I passed his test, not completely but I passed the first hurdle.'

"I will give you a chance, if you tell me the secret that you're hiding the most, I will show you my power. Fair enough, right?"

Fantasia bit her lip, this person was testing her to her limit. Was it worth it? It depends. This should have happened slowly since they were just new partners but it seemed like Keenan had his own idea. 

Fantasia was looking at Keenan's golden eyes, they were like the eyes of a viper, he was so close to her that she could feel his warmth. She decided to accept his challenge. 

"I killed a person."

5