Chapter 95
625 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 95

There was a deafening silence, Keenan already knew that Fantasia made a mistake that caused her to change school. However, he didn't expect that she actually killed someone. Fantasia looked cold but she wasn't the type who kills unless she was pushed to the limit and killed a person to survive. That was the only possible scenario that he could think of.

"You killed someone?"

Keenan tilted his head, he was experienced in killing people but knowing that his Handler was a murderer just like him was kind of awkward, because he didn't sense any camaraderie. 

"…"

Fantasia's lips slightly trembled. She was having a hard time telling this, this was the secret that she was hiding deep in her heart. So it won't be easy to speak to others. Keenan was waiting for her to open her mouth. Fantasia bit her lip and decided to talk. 

"I don't know if I can confidently say that it was an accident because I know in myself that it was not an accident…"

Both Fantasia and Keenan had a fucked up childhood. Fantasia was abandoned by her parents while Keenan lost his parents in a Rift Distortion. In a way, she could relate to him. That's why Fantasia felt shit when Keenan confronted her last time. 

"I pushed my last Arma to death, I was so obsessed with getting stronger that I didn't realize that my partner died because she was trying to keep up with my pace…" 

Fantasia lost any expression, she was just a mannequin.

"Okay, you don't have to speak anymore."

Keenan stopped her, he knew that if he tried to force her to speak about it, it would be detrimental for them. Fantasia may decrease the Resonance between them. 

"..."

As expected, Fantasia didn't have a heart of a murderer. She still has the emotions to feel the guilt. Now Keenan found the reason why Fantasia transferred to their Academy. 

'Too bad, I'm gonna show her what murder is.'

Keenan smirked and shook his head, this was getting interested.

"Thank you."

Fantasia slightly bowed her head.

"So now that you told me another important stuff in your life, I will show you mine, tomorrow... But before that, I just want to ask, do you have sympathy?"

"I think I do."

Fantasia nodded, she was confused why Keenan asked her a ridiculous question but she was honest about her answer. She may have a cold temperament but she had compassion. Because she won't feel guilty about what she did to her last partner if she's heartless. 

"Then, who will you choose to die between an innocent civilian and a criminal?"

"Choose?"

"Yes, you have to choose."

Fantasia's forehead furrowed, she didn't know the importance of this psychological test regarding telling his secret power. Still, she decided to answer the question. Keenan won't do this without a reason. 

"I will choose the criminal, killing him is much better than killing an innocent civilian. I think that's obvious."

"I see, then what if the criminal started to change, will you kill him?"

"It depends, I know that people can change."

"Good, I like that answer."

Keenan opened his phone, he sent someone a message. He didn't forget his part-time job, of course. 

"Who did you text just now?"

Fantasia probed as she raised her head, trying to read the message. However, Keenan closed the phone before she could read it. 

"Who is it?"

"You will learn tomorrow at midnight."

"So we're staying here for another day?"

"Nope," Keenan stood up and stretched his arms, he groaned because it felt so good. " We're going to finish our three remaining days. We will kill monsters, gather N-cores, and look around like tourists."

"Don't forget that you will tell me about your secret power."

She narrowed her eyes. 

"Don't worry, I'll show it tomorrow."

"Let me guess, you will show it to me at midnight?"

"Yes."

He grinned and called the room service, he wanted to drink a bottle of champagne and have a light snack. He was 18 years old and he could drink alcohol whenever he wanted to. He wanted to celebrate their first step. 

Using Yua and Charla's situation was a great slap to awaken his Handler.

Keenan admitted that he couldn't find a talented woman like Fantasia, she was good at handling swords. She knew what to do in dangerous situations, she wasn't a coward, she was sharp. She was the best Handler that Keenan could find.

That's why Keenan had to show his abilities to keep up with her, he had to show that he was a talented person too. So that Fantasia would think deeper about this partnership.  

"By the way, are you okay with roasted almonds?"

"I'm fine with that."

"How about fries and burgers, we didn't have the time to eat in the Jollybay so my stomach is grumbling."

"I'm fine with that too."

Fantasia responded to most of his questions, she was still confused about a lot of things but she realized that most of them would be answered tomorrow…

To be honest, she felt that she would see a crime tomorrow. Not that it matters, Fantasia wasn't a virtuous person. She had evil inside her, so it didn't matter if that evil side slightly grew. 

"Last night… When we fought the Tiratore, did you save me?"

"It depends on how you will define it."

Keenan easily said.

"I see, thank you. I know that killing seven Tiratore will be hard, especially when I'm just a Class-B. Furthermore, one of them was a Kakaiba, I'm not stupid enough to believe that I killed them by using two Skills."

*Ding dong!

The room service came with a pushcart that has a bottle of champagne and food. Keenan whistled and grabbed the burger first, he was eager to fill his stomach. 

It was funny that within eleven days they already knew how each other thinks. Well, it was not bad. Perhaps this was their first step to becoming stronger. After all, trust is the foundation of being Nightbreakers.

Two individuals are needed to form a union, and these two should have a Resonance above 85%. The best way to maintain and increase that Resonance is to have trust in each other. 

[Phew, these last two chapters are all about Fantasia's past. I hope it didn't look like info dumps.]

[Second, I took a break because I already finished the Arc 2 of this series. Anyway, this is not dropped, at least not now.]

4