Chapter 23
15.2k 26 192
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 23

Scarlett felt weak being touched by Calix. Even her breathing was hot and she knew that her heart right now was pumping crazily. She was embarrassed by her reaction, she usually didn't show these types of emotions but right now her senses were only focused on Calix. Her eyes trembled as she looked up at the sky, she knew that she would lose herself and if she stared at Calix.

"Why are you here?"

Gosh, his breath made her body shuddered. They were close so close that she could feel his warmth. It was a mystery how she loved this moment, she swallowed her emotions and replied.

"T- to see you."

She said with her trembling voice. The woman who always looks strong and powerful was not here right now. She returned to the innocent girl who always smiled whenever she was with her childhood friend. 

However, Calix couldn't appreciate her feelings. Right now he was too hurt to understand her. He believed that Scarlett was here to tell him to keep quiet about that night. 

'So she wants to talk about what happened last time.'

Calix couldn't see her face because he put his head against her shoulder. He caught her scent and almost made him crazy. Something was urging him to kiss her porcelain skin. 

But he forced himself not to make move. He knew that Scarlett left him because she didn't like him. He closed his eyes and accepted his defeat. 

'If my power is still active? Will she love me?'

He was hurt asking himself that question. He felt like the only reason girls like him was because of his power. [Well, he's not completely wrong but Calix is actually a hunk and he's a good man. I bet he can make any woman happy without the Term Attribute. Sadly, this author won't give him that peaceful moment, hehe.]

He felt sick thinking about it. He closed his eyes as he swallowed the feelings that were stuck in his throat. The pain was too much to endure. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it."

He said with no emotions at all. He steeled his head and remained emotionless. He didn't want to show the pain, he didn't want to show how pathetic he is.

"W- what do you mean?"

Scarlett was confused. A large part of her was starting to get disappointed. She tried to touch Calix but Calix slowly raised his head and let her go.

Scarlett looked at him and realized that Calix had no emotions at all. He looked like a doll with no feelings. 

"C-Calix…"

"What happened in that night, I will keep it a secret. So don't worry about it."

He smiled as if he was not hurt. But Scarlett looked in pained as she listened to what he said. Something was crumbling in her heart, she realized that perhaps Calix didn't have any feelings for her. 

"So if you excuse me."

"C- Calix wait…"

The man didn't listen to her. He continued walking away. Scarlett tried to follow him but her knees were weak and couldn't move at all, she was left alone. Slowly, her tears started falling from her eyes. 

………
……

The sound of crickets singing and the gust of wind brushing against the window was peaceful to hear. Yet, the person in the room was not at peace at all. The harmony of nature together with the people walking and talking outside the dorm was calming but not for him. 

Calix was in his room, he didn't have any strength to move. He was tired and depress. Yesterday he talked to Scarlett and promised her that he won't speak about that night. He knew that for girls, their chastity is important, especially for Scarlett who is part of a powerful clan. Keenan knew that the Robinson and Cudgel Clan made an agreement regarding Scarlett's future husband. 

Her wellbeing and image must always be protected. If people found that Scarlett was not pure anymore, perhaps they would do something bad. 

"This is for the best."

Calix convinced himself but his face didn't agree. He looked haggard, his eyes were red. Yes, he cried the whole night like a young kitten that looking for his mom. And now, it was already noon but he was still tired to move. He just lay on his bed and do nothing, he didn't even eat. 

"Ah, yeah, I still have cakes and pizza in the ref… Never mind, I don't want to eat…"

He sighed and closed his eyes, he wanted to forget. He wanted to forget everything.  He was trying to relax, closing his eyes, yet he heard a knock coming from his door. He lifted his head and looked at the door. Again, he heard a knock and it was intense like the person wanted to destroy the door.

"Who is it?"

He tiredly asked. Perhaps someone was going to ask him to join a cult again because he experienced being tangled in one. Although he realized that it was an illegal organ trafficking organization instead and successfully escaped. He almost lost his kidney at that one.

"No one's here."

He said with sarcasm trying to find an excuse not to move.

But he heard a knock again. Calix clicked his tongue in annoyance and decided to check it. He stood up, he didn't care about his appearance. He was already numb to people's impressions.

He opened the door and said -

"Nobody's here, okay?!"

He angrily said but he was shocked to see Scarlett waiting for him. She had red eyes just like him, it was obvious that she cried too.

"… Scarlett, what are you doing here."

His expressionless face returned, he didn't want to show the anguish. This caused Scarlett to glare at him with tearful eyes.

Before Calix could even speak, Scarlett attacked him with a kiss. She kissed her lips with no hesitation which caused Calix to pause and lost his mind for a second. Their lips parted but Scarlett used her finger and put it on his lips to stop him from talking. 

"I don't care anymore. I think about it for the whole night. I don't care if you hate me, I'll make you mine. I will do everything until you open up your heart for me."

She said and pushed Calix towards the room. The man stumbled on the floor, he was shocked and felt weak. Scarlett entered the room and slowly closed the door with her eyes burning in passion.

Her eyes were telling everything. At this moment, she would do her job called seduction. Calix was surprised, really surprised by this sudden change of pacing. He swallowed the fluid that was stuck in his throat and couldn't speak at all.

Did Scarlett want to replicate what happened that night? That passionate night? 

Calix stared at her with a confused expression.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me?"

Something was tugging his heart and it was going to explode at any moment. He was waiting for her answer. Depending on her answer, Calix would let loose and succumbed to his instinct. 

Scarlett rolled her eyes and glared, she might burn this whole dormitory.

"Isn't it obvious? I love you!!"

She said with conviction. No tint of lies could be seen. She was speaking the truth.

"I love you from the start, since our childhood! Can't you see it?"

At that moment, Calix realized his stupidity. He shouldn't have said those hurtful words when he was fifteen, he shouldn't have made her cry.

Scarlett covered her face but it was obvious that she was crying, she wiped them out and act strong, yet her eyes looked glassy as tears slowly rolled. She couldn't fake her emotions anymore.

Calix couldn't find the words to say, he was choked as he realized that they had the same feelings towards each other. Tears started rolling and he couldn't stop them anymore. 

Scarlett approached him and Calix snatched her with enthusiasm, they were excited as if they were kids who were eager for their new toys. Their faces got closer and started kissing. This time, no misunderstanding anymore. They showed the feelings that they hid for a long time. They shared passionate kisses, and they didn't want to stop. 

[Fuck, it's hard to make a romantic scene!!]

[Anyway, visit my Patreon if you want more!!]

192