Chapter 85
6.9k 4 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 85

CEO Mark knew that Kimberly had taken a part in the discovery of the fragment in the old tomb. He knew that Kimberly received an ancient item because of her participation. CEO Mark wanted to know her current status. He wanted to know if she discovered another important stuff. On top of that, he knew that Kimberly had taken research about how to shrink the battle suit. 

Kimberly is a talented woman, she has a great future ahead of her. She was better than Chen who always fucked around. His intention of making her the Matriarch was already set on the stone unless one of his children showed a significant talent enough to disregard Kimberly.

However, so far no one had the talent to do that. Most of his bastard children did not have Term Attributes, and even if they have Term Attributes, it was weak, not worthy to cultivate. Kimberly was the only one he could entrust with the position of being the Clan Leader. 

Her Term Attribute was simple but it was fantastic in her hands, or rather in her head. Kimberly was already a genius but her power further make her more genius. She was going to be a great person, CEO Mark strongly believed it. 

That's why he sent two of his men to check on her. These two named Timmy and Sacko, they were 2nd Advanced TA users. Their job was to update CEO Mark if Kimberly made development about any of her research. 

Right now, one of the two was watching Kimberly scanning the pistol. 

Timmy, the big guy with tough muscles and had a scar on his face looked at Calix who was helping Kimberly. His eyes narrowed. 

"Does this man really have to be here?"

He frowned and glared at Calix, crossing his arms. 

"He's my assistant."

"Assistant my ass. I know that you don't take an assistant, the company tried to give you one but you strongly declined. I guess this man is your boyfriend."

"No, he's not my boyfriend (yet)"

Kimberly rolled her eyes and proceeded with her research, she won't show any of her findings to them. Especially about the Runic Symbols and the Fragment of Excalibur. Those two pieces of information could cause a major difficulty to Calix. Kimberly does not want to implicate him. 

Timmy shrugged and decided to look around the laboratory. It was wide and well equipped, the arrangements were better and it was not dirty. His partner was busy doing worldly stuff.

As for Sacko, that man was busy ogling with the maids in the kitchen, that asshole was not properly doing his job. 

Timmy became irritated when he remembered that asshole. 

"You're laboratory is clean, unlike the laboratories that I visit. In fact, most of the scientists I know doesn't take bath. They stink!"

"Thank you for your compliment but I'm not the one who's cleaning this laboratory. It's Calix who always clean it."

She glanced at Calix and smiled. She was thankful that Calix was with her. To be honest, Kimberly was the type who take a bath every three days or a week, particularly when she was close to finishing her research. She didn't want to disturb her train of thought by taking a bath. She doesn't even eat for a day unless someone reminded her.

But because Calix was here, the man compelled her to take a bath and eat every day. Since every day she would be dirty because of their arduous sexercise. 

Kimberly was the type who would be absorbed into research and lose track of time. She would just realize that she had to eat or take a bath if she discovered that she smelled awful or her stomach would grumble. However, thanks to Calix's constant care, Kimberly was healthy this whole month. She subconsciously smiled and glanced at Calix, Calix winked and her heart was struck. Gosh, she wanted to pounce on him and kiss him so much. 

"Tch."

She clicked her tongue because Timmy was looking at her and she could not have her alone time with Calix. This was so frustrating. She wanted to kick this big fucking trash out of the mansion together with the lanky pervert. 

Kimberly turned around and gave Timmy a piercing glare. Timmy saw her clear expression of hostility. 

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry sir Timmy-"

"Tim, just call me."

"Okay, Tim. I hate to say this but you have to leave. I can't work while you're here."

"But what about him?"

"Calix is my assistant. Look, Tim, I know that you are frustrated that your partner is having a good time while you're here with us, watching boring stuff. Why don't you spend your time outside and have some fun too."

"… My job is to look if you have another discovery."

"Well sorry to say this but you will get nothing. I just started this research a few months ago, you can't expect me to have great findings. That's not how it works, Sir Tim."

"Very well, but I will tell you this. We won't leave until we find a proper development of your current research. We expect that we will be the major-"

"Yeah, I know. You will have the majority of the possession, blah blah blah. Just get out."

Kimberly said while pointing her finger at the door. Timmy shrugged and opened the door. 

"Very well, I hope you will have something good to show us tomorrow."

He left the laboratory and Kimberly sighed in relief. Calix, who was silent the whole, spoke.

"Do you want a glass of water?"

"Thank you."

Kimberly drank it and she felt refreshed. This current situation made her tense. 

"Are you sure you want me to keep quiet? I can help you if I-"

"No, it's fine. I don't want you to be caught in this problem. I'm the one responsible for this, so I'll fix this on my own. You don't have to worry because I have a way to make them leave. If they try to stay longer here, I will call my father."

"… If that's what you want. But if there's something you need, I'm here for you."

"No, you have to attend your class."

"How can I leave you while you're in this predicament."

He said, facing her so close the only gap was an inch. Kimberly genuinely smiled. His stare was so sincere and she could see that he was worried. 

"Thank you."

She fixed her glasses. 

Calix tapped her head while his gaze went to the pistol. As if something was tugging his mind. 

[ I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Patreon:

Duke York, eriberto, Veren Hammock, K Kim, Vizzy, Ian O'Hara, Capzlawk Nguyen, Crane17686, HaiI'mRyuu, L A M, Alex, Haddouch Belca'Sam and Ausner Gentil.

Please visit my Patreon if you want to read 26 advance chapters:

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki ]

[I only have one-tier. For five dollars you can read:

-26 advance chapters of TOFD

-26 advance chapters of RHWB

-47 advance chapters of MNPOTS.]

114