Chapter 94
6.8k 8 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 94

It was said that different species live in harmony back in the past. Elves with their noble lineage as they protect the forest. The Dwarves unearth the precious metals and turn them into treasures with their unique ability of creation. The Beast people howled in the night with their ferocity, protecting their tribes against the enemy. The Ogres were loved by everyone. The vampires lived in seclusion, away from the secular world. And the humans who were happy living their lives. 

But everything changed when Aberrant appeared.

That was the history a thousand years ago. Now, only subspecies lived on the Earth and the pure ones were extinct, or do they?

………
……

Kimberly and Mark Cudgel stared eye to eye, they were reading each other's minds through their movements and facial expressions. As of now, both of them were hiding their motives well. 

However.

'Kimberly is still young, she does not have experience how to talk to prominent people. She has the mind, but it's not enough. You have to understand the rules before you play poker.'

Mark smiled innocently as if he was a saint. Then, he looked at the tea and scratched his head. Kimberly raised her brow as she tried to read his intentions. 

Then, Mark took a file out of his suit. He slammed the file on the table and Kimberly glanced at it. She found some pictures of Calix in the file, it was information about him. 

"I indeed gathered information about your boyfriend."

Kimberly narrowed her eyes, she wanted to get the gist so she decided to ask him a question.

"What do you want?"

"Me? Nothing else, I just want to know if this kid is worthy of my daughter. I won't give you to some hoodlum!"

"Calix is not a hoodlum."

Kimberly made it clear, she slightly raised her voice. But Mark smiled instead. He wasn't afraid, he faced far dangerous than this. Besides, he wasn't lying when he said that he wanted Kimberly to have a proper husband. Someone who could elevate her status. 

"I know, Calix Romoel is not a thug. His father is Lieutenant Andreas Romoel, a 2nd Advanced who has the Steel Physique Term Attribute. He is the hero who protects the border against the Aberrant. Calix is from a proper family so I will not hinder your relationship. I'm not that petty."

For a moment, Kimberly was shaken. She immediately controlled her emotion but Mark already saw it. He slightly smirked and continued. 

"In fact, I believe that both of you are meant to each other. I won't stop you. As a matter of fact, I support you. Calix has a connection to the Army."

"For your information, I did not have a relationship with him because I want to use him. So don't ever try to say that."

"I know, I know. I just want to say that Calix will be good for you and the company. You know me, I always think about profit and loss."

"…"

Kimberly didn't answer. She was mad that Mark treated Calix as a tool to strengthen his relationship with the Army. However, she was sort of glad that Mark won't hinder their love.  She thought that Mark would be angry and prevent her from seeing Calix, it seemed like some of her conclusions were wrong. 

"… Or maybe Mark is using this situation to get the best of me… Then that's even better.'

She didn't trust her father because she knew how heartless of a person he is. Mark won't hesitate to cut off his relationship with his family if they were worthless. 

'Just like how he did not appear for ten years. I only realized that my father's true face when I awakened my Term Attribute. He treated me nicely because of that, my Term Attribute is the only reason why he sees me as a human.'

She was thankful for what he did, giving her money to finish her studies. Of course, she did her best to meet his expectations so that he won't say something bad about her. She invented the flying car and gave the sole patent of production to his company because she was indebted. 

Yet, Mark decided to further use her. To be honest, she did not hate Mark, he's her father in the first place and she was thankful that Mark and her mother created her. If not for them, she won't experience happiness. 

However, there are limitations. If Mark tried to do something bad about Calix, Kimberly would show her fangs and bite him, possibly giving him rabies. 

Mark was acting like a good father. He knew that Kimberly was vigilant so he decided to give her some freedom, such as freedom to love. Kimberly is a woman so she's going to fall in love, Mark understood that and he didn't have a reason to stop them, as of now. Why? Because he could use Calix. 

To be precise, he could use Calix because of his relationship with Scarlett. Yes, CEO Mark knew that Calix and Scarlett were in a relationship. 

'That man has the guts to two-time my daughter and Bronal's daughter. I can say that he's crazy, I wonder how will Bronal react if I say this to him.'

He was delighted that he had another knife to stab Bronal. That General fucked him last time, even now he couldn't get the shares back. He was gritting his teeth as he remembered it. 

CEO Mark decided to shoot his ammunition at Kimberly. 

"Kimberly since you know that I researched your boyfriend, then I guess you already know that your boyfriend, Calix, has a relationship with Scarlett. I heard that those two came out of a love hotel last time… Do you think you have what it takes to confront her?"

This time, Mark showed his fangs. His true expression appeared, he grinned like a businessman who was going to make a profit. 

"…"

Kimberly shut her mouth but she knew the answer. She did not have the power nor connection to confront Scarlett. She was just a simple woman who had a good brain, but except that, Kimberly is nothing. She bit her lip, now she understood her father's real intention… And she was happy that Mark was the first to talk about it. 

Kimberly understood that she would take his hand, because this was one of her plans. They were both using each other. Everything was falling in her hands. She was ready to make a contract with the devil. 

"Hoh? So am I caught in the trap?"

Mark smiled and realized his mistake, he liked what he was seeing right now. Kimberly calculated this situation, her purple eyes glowed with determination. 

"Hehehahahahhahaha!!! I see! So I was dancing in the palm of your hands! Kimberly, you're just like me!"

CEO grinned as he understood what Kimberly did. Despite not doing anything, she controlled the flow of conversation. She forced Mark to offer his help without doing anything. 

"I will do it! Because both of us will profit!" 

Now he confirmed that Kimberly was indeed her daughter. They are both cunning. 

106