Chapter 134
4.6k 4 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 134

"So you don't want to talk, huh. Then fine! Hmmph!!"

Marianne scoffed and turned around. She didn't want to talk to him either. How could she like someone who peeked at her while she was peeing. In her opinion, Calix is awful. Besides, she didn't want to waste her strength, she was saving her energy. 

Calix looked around and inspected the cage. The poles were quite tough, although he could destroy them using his pistol. 

"… Now that I think about it."

Calix turned to Marianne who was biting her nail. 

"What are you looking at?"

"Nothing, I'm just confused why you can't escape this cage."

"… Hmmph!!"

She harrumphed and Calix just shook his head. As always, this woman is hateful. 

'Nevermind, based on the fact that she can't escape this place. There's only one thing that I can deduce. Marianne can't use her Term Attribute. Maybe she didn't refuel that's why she can't use her power.'

Calix believed so. Marianne could cut these poles using her water bullets. However, it seemed like she couldn't do it right now. This means that Marianne could never escape this cage unless she achieved her fuel. 

"What's your fuel?"

Calix glanced at her. To be honest, he could destroy this cage easily but he had to confirm the situation first. Since he knew that he would stay here for a little bit, he decided to gather information about Marianne. Perhaps he could use it later on.

"And why would I say it to you?"

"As expected."

He sighed. He shouldn't have asked. 

Marianne looked down, she was frustrated. She was in this cage for three days already. Most of the time, she was sleeping because of one of the terrorists.

Leon was only giving her enough food to live. She didn't have anyone to talk to within that three days. She felt like she was going to lose her mind. So the urge to investigate(talk) Calix was adamant. So in the end, she decided to open her mouth, or else she would go crazy. 

"It's water…"

"Hm?"

Calix tilted his head, what did she mean by water?

"My fuel is drinking purified water."

She clenched her fists. That asshole bodyguard of hers, Leon didn't give her any water. She was drinking either soda or lemonade, no freshwater at all. Leon knew her fuel so he used it to immobilize her. After all, Marianne was just a simple woman if she didn't have her Term Attribute. Aside from her appearance, she is nothing. 

[Marianne Francine]

[H²O-Bullets Term Attribute]

[Fuel: She has to drink purified water every three hours to maintain her power.]

[Backlash: She would lose her energy the more she moved around.]

Marianne couldn't believe that she said her secret to the guy that she bullied. She looked at Calix but nothing changed in his expression. As if he didn't care about her at all. This slightly hurt her pride.

"… You're not going to ask me about my backlash?"

She probed.

"Why would I? As if you will tell it anyway."

Calix didn't bother. He was already contented with her answer. At least Calix knew that Marianne couldn't use her power, that was enough for him. 

'Now I know that she will not pierce me again…'

He sighed in relief deep inside, he was actually nervous about that. His scar was throbbing right now, it was reminding him how Marianne almost killed him. His scar was close to his heart, it was intentionally made to make him suffer. 

'I guess, I'm still traumatized…'

 It was life and death situation and it was ingrained deep in his memory. The very fact that he could speak to Marianne without stuttering was a miracle. 

'I have to thank my Luck.'

He wasn't sure if this was related to his Luck, but not that it matters. 

'Well, maybe the reason why she spoke her secret is related to my Luck too.'

Again, he was not sure. He didn't know what was going on in her mind.

Calix and Marianne didn't speak after that. So Calix focused his mind on the surrounding.

After a few hours of studying the storage place, Calix confirmed a lot of things.

First were the boxes that contained hundreds of (IBG) energy guns. Calix didn't know how these guns were not detected in the terminal. Perhaps something illegal was going on. 

The second was the most important part, Calix found that there were bombs around the storage. They looked normal but because Calix had experienced defusing bombs, he easily concluded their purpose. It was amazing that Calix learned a lot even though he was stuck inside the cage.

"They are going to blow this ship…"

That was the best idea that he could discern. The guns and the bombs were enough. 

'I'm not sure why they are doing this…'

He found that Marianne was sitting still and she was minimizing her movements. As if she didn't want to move at all. 

"Why did they do this to you? Do you have an idea? Hijacking a Flying Ship is not a normal crime and they even kidnapped you, a noble from a prominent Clan, I wonder what they are thinking."

Marianne listened to what he said. 

"Do you want to hear my answer?"

"Yes."

Despite hating the idea of talking to her, Calix understood that Marianne had more information about this situation. After all, Leon WAS working under her before this hijack happened. So it was obvious that she had some inklings. Calix was curious about it. 

'Just like me, Leon hates Marianne. So it's a mystery why he didn't kill Marianne.'

Marianne raised her brow but in the end, she decided to talk. Talking won't decrease her energy, it was a good thing. As long as she didn't move, nor do something arduous, she won't get tired. 

"I don't know. All I know is that they want to use me as a sacrifice for their cult. As for the passengers, Leon will use them as hostages. They want to destroy the White Home, in the Capitolium. They plan to crash this Ship to the White Home."

"… So much for you didn't know."

"Shut up."

Calix facepalmed. He further realized that this situation was dangerous.

Capitolium, just like the name, it was the capital of their country. The Capitolium was in the center of the Dellia where most businesses and livelihoods were active. 

On top of that, the White Home was the place where the President of the Dellia lives. But not only that, based on what Calix knew, there was a five-day conference in the White Home. The senate was undergoing its duty to create laws.

"They want to destroy the Dellia."

Calix easily confirmed. 

93