Chapter 203
2.5k 6 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 203

Nikki frowned. She didn't want the battle suit. 

"Wait, what do you mean? You need a battle suit to protect you."

Calix stopped washing the dishes and turn around. He was looking at Nikki.

This time, her voice was loud and clear. 

"I don't want to cause you trouble."

Nikki understood that buying a C-Series cost at least a few million. Only three thousand were circulating in the market because the production of the said battle suit was difficult to do. The remaining C-Series went to the prominent clans and powerful Vindicators. Buying a battle suit like that would be detrimental financially. 

"No problem, I just want to help you. Money is not a problem anyway."

"No."

He tried to explain but Nikki was adamant. She won't accept something valuable like that. Besides, she didn't want to be a burden and indebted. She didn't want to feel guilty. She had to stick to her job. 

"… Okay."

Calix shrugged and didn't argue anymore. In the first place, he knew that his goodwill might be misunderstood. However, Calix has his reasons as to why he was doing this. 

"I will not order a C- Series. But I will order the B-series, this time I will not accept no for an answer."

He smirked. He knew that Nikki won't accept something precious like the C-Series, but what about the lower model? 

B-Series is the battle suit that can shrink at least a size of a fist. It was a much lower cost and they can buy it easily online. 

"What do you think? B-Series is around 120- 150 thousand dollars."

He probed. Nikki bit her lip, she wanted to say no but it would be a mocking gesture to Calix. After Calix saved her life, she understood that she had to repay his kindness yet Calix offered her another goodwill. 

She wanted to say no but Calix was seriously staring at her. In the end, she nodded her head. 

"Okay, but I will pay it later…"

Six digits of money were too big even for her. Usually, she gave that money to her mother to babysit her daughter. 

"No, I will not accept your money. This is my gift, it's disrespectful if you gave me money."

He was decisive and Nikki didn't have a choice but to agree. She felt that she lost. She didn't have any intention of getting close to anyone, she was solely working for the job. Yet Calix was looking at her with gentleness. 

He smiled and continued washing the plates. At least his plan-b worked. 

'It's a good thing that I didn't order the battle suit.'

Calix just learned that the money he invested in the stock market skyrocketed. He invested his money in Omanko corp. It was a construction company, and that company was bought by an influential conglomerate so its stock became 10 times the amount. 

"I think I invested 2.3 million, so if we multiply it by 10, it will be… 23 million dollars. Hehe."

He chuckled. This protagonist is so Lucky. No matter what company he chose, it will prosper just to manifest his Luck. 

Nikki was looking at his figure as he washed the plates. She looked down the floor, she felt guilty. She was the one who caused the problem yet Calix helped her again. 

So Nikki promised to return to favor. 

'I don't know why he's doing this to me…'

Two days after the incident on the island, Nikki was always thinking of Calix. In fact, she even dreamed of him. She was dreaming that she and Calix had sex in the island. 

When she woke up after that dream, she couldn't help but slapped herself. She was getting stupid. She couldn't believe that she would think of something inappropriate with the man who saved her.

"Why was I born like this?"

She asked herself. She was a giant and most people are afraid of her. Even her mother didn't love her. If not because of her income, her mother would not even contact her. 

"I have to do my best."

Nikki sighed and swept the floor. They have a two weeks rest and Nikki planned to clean the whole house. She already talked to her daughter and she promised she would visit her after she finished her job here. 

Nikki started humming. Despite her voice being raspy, it was soothing to the ears. Calix was listening and he was amazed at her. 

Both Nikki and Calix have the behavior of cleaning their places. Nikki loves cleaning while Calix adjusted to his miserable life and always clean his room because he didn't want to get into any accident. 

Nikki finished sweeping the floor. However, she was not content as she could see that there was still dust everywhere. So she decided to use a vacuum cleaner. She turned the machine on and did her job while humming. 

In this scene, they looked like a newlywed couple.

Calix is the husband who's helping his wife and washing the dishes, listening to his wife's beautiful voice. And Nikki is the wife who is cleaning the house, it looks peaceful yet lovely.

Though things turned unexpected when Nikki started screaming hysterically. Despite being a seven feet woman, Nikki has her fears, especially towards cockroaches. She was afraid of them because she was traumatized in her childhood. 

"Wwaaahhhhhhhh!!! Cockroach!!!

She screamed like a girl and started jumping out of fear. She didn't like cockroaches. She hated them. She started crying while dodging the evil insect. The cockroach was flying around, trying to assert its dominance, and it seemed that the insect has the upper hand. 

Fortunately, Calix came to the rescue. 

"Nikki! What happened!?"

"Wwaaahhhhhhhh!!"

Calix asked her but Nikki was not answering. She was screaming and crying at the same time. 

Thankfully, Calix found the answer and caught the cockroach. He knew that girls were afraid of insects but this was the first time that he saw someone like Nikki who was super afraid. 

Calix immediately threw the cockroach out of the house. Then, he turned to Nikki but the woman was on her knees, crying like a child. 

"Damn, that's a gap moe."

He muttered. This time, he admitted that size doesn't matter... 

[Please leave a like or comment]

[You can read 50 chapters ahead of schedule in my Patre on and Ko-Fi.]

55