Chapter 205
2.7k 6 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 205

Devon dropped his cigarette onto the road as he released a puff of smoke. He was having bad luck these days because he couldn't find a proper job. The last job he had was about young master Chen. That guy asked him to beat a person only to find that the person was Calix Romoel, the son of the Steel Legion. 

'Calix defeated me by releasing his aura and destroying the ground. He literally sent me into the depths of the Earth. As expected of him, he is indeed powerful.'

Devon admitted his defeat. He knew that he didn't stand a chance against Calix. That guy is powerful. 

"Ah, I need a job. I do a part-time job in a moving company but they only have a job twice a week for me. I tried working as a waiter but customers were afraid of me. Mu scar looks scary."

He sighed. He felt that fate didn't like him because he cause something bad. Maybe he fought someone that brought him bad luck.  

"But I'm not that bad… I mean, yeah, I kill people but they are bad people who did heinous crimes. I won't kill innocent people just for fun. I'm not a freak."

He accepted the job last time because the pay was good. Furthermore, he fought someone worthy so it was worthwhile. But now, his savings account was close to none. 

"Maybe I'll join the military again, but I'm already retired."

As a soldier, Devon witnessed hell. He fought Aberrants for two decades, he was one of the soldiers who survived the horrible Blood Moon where monsters were all around and the sky was painted red. That was terrifying even for a veteran soldier like him. 

"Mister!! Throwing trash in the public is bad!!"

"Hm?"

Devon was surprised when he heard a child educating him. He turned around and found a little girl glaring at him. The girl had tanned skin and her ears were slightly pointed, but not pointed like an Elf. 

"An Ogre descent? Or maybe a goblin. Nah, goblins have pale countenance."

He shook his head, he didn't have to think about it.

"Mister, you're a bad guy!!"

The girl said, she pointed to the trashcan only a few meters away from them. 

"The trashcan is there but you decide to throw the cigarette on the road instead, hmmph!"

She harrumphed. Her mother taught her to be a good girl and always follow the law.

"Ah? Little girl, are you not afraid of me? And it's just a small cigarette anyway, it will not be that bad."

Devon shrugged. 

The little girl looked at him. Devon has a scar on his face, making him appear to be a devious guy. However, the little girl was not afraid of him. Her mother was much bigger and stronger than this guy. 

"Hmmph! Take your trash and put it in the trash can!!"

She demanded. She was staring at Devon with no fear. 

"… This little girl, okay fine."

He didn't have a choice but to listen. He grabbed his cigarette and put it in the trashcan. 

"Is that okay, can I leave now?'

He asked. This little girl was too strict. 

"Stop! Mister, do you know where the Port of Aoneon is? I want to meet my Mommy."

This time, the little girl lost her fierceness and she looked at Devon adorably. 

Devon tilted his head. 

"Port of Aoneon? Little girl, that is miles away from here. You need to take a Flying Ship to get there."

He was confused. This little girl wanted to go to that island? Alone? What kind of mother would leave her daughter?

"I want to go there, mister can you take me to the Flying Ship!"

She said enthusiastically. She was happy to know that she could meet her Mommy again. 

"You mean the Terminal? Little girl, I advised you to return to your house and wait for your mother. Where's your father anyway?"

He felt that her parents were being dumb. They just let their daughter roam around. 

"I don't have a daddy. Mommy said that my daddy left to buy milk and he didn't return. Well, I don't care if he returned, he's dead in my opinion."

"Oh, sorry about that…"

He found it awkward. 

'That's a typical excuse.'

Devon clicked his tongue. That kind of father should be thrown into the ocean and let drown. 

"Then what about your grandparents?"

He was hoping that this little girl would have someone to look for her at least. 

"I have a grandma but she doesn't like me. She said that I should be born a boy... Grandma is playing around with young boys using Mommy's money so I don't like her."

"Damn."

Devon realized that this little girl's family was quite complicated. The little girl started sulking and looked at the ground. Her eyes started getting teary. 

"H- hey, you don't have to be sad."

Devon was weak against children. He clicked his tongue, he was getting caught in someone's problem. 

"What's your name?"

To change the girl's focus, Devon asked her name. 

"I'm Patricia, but Mommy calls me Tricia."

She weakly said. She missed her Mommy the most. Grandma left her for two days and she was getting lonely. She knew how to cook food at such a young age. 

"Patricia, huh? How old are you?"

"I'm three years old."

"Wait what? You're three years old and you're walking around this road alone?"

"I just came out of kindergarten."

He was shocked. He thought kindergarten was for four years old children. Furthermore, based on the girl's height, she looked like five years old at least. She's a tall girl. 

"Mister, can you please help me to find my Mommy? I miss her."

She was going to cry at any moment. All she wanted was to see her Mommy. 

Devon couldn't look into her innocent yet sad eyes. The little girl was begging her and her quest was quite tough. But in the end, he agreed. He didn't have a job anyway and he had all his time to do what he wanted to do. 

"Tch, fine. I will bring you to your mother!"

"Yay! Thank you, Mister!!"

He didn't know why he was caught in this situation. 

[You thought it was snu snu? Hah! You fell for it, Thunder Split Attack!!]

50