Chapter 270
2.1k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 270

[I edited Esmeralda's Illustration in Chapter 269 because she's not 'mommy' enough. You can check it out if you're interested.]

"This is not acceptable!! I plead to the Elders to give me at least a week, and I will solve this problem!"

Scarlett Robinson was standing in front of the Elders of the Tempest Clan. They were having a meeting inside a vast hall, where Clan members could attend.

The Elders made a decision that they would not help Bronal. Instead, the Elders started planning to put another person to take the position of Patriarch. 

General Bronal is a powerful and great leader. However, it was the main reason why most of the Elders did not like him because they could not control him. 

So instead of helping Bronal, the Elders planned to solidify the next Patriarch before Bronal got out of prison. 

"I'm sorry Lady Scarlett, but our decision is already done. We will promote Dario to be the next Patriarch."

"You..."

Scarlett crumpled her fists looking at these old farts. If not because of her father, perhaps their Clan would be nothing but third rate such as the Francine. 

"The reason why our Clan dominated the country is because of my father's position as a DemiGod, you can't deny that!"

She protested. 

"Indeed."

The Elders acknowledged it. But their greed was stronger. 

"You can't just push this agenda! No matter what, I will fight for it. My father declared that I'll be the next leader."

"But it will take a while."

One of the Elders snickered. 

"Bullshit!"

Athena reacted but the Shadow stopped her from disturbing the meeting. 

"Athena, you have to calm down."

Athena and the Shadow were just listening to their conversation. Their loyalty lay on the Robinson, not the other families. So if they tried to join the conversation, the other TA Users from the branch families would join too, which would be problematic. So all they could do is trust Scarlett. 

"Lady Scarlett, you understand that being the Patriarch of Tempest Clan means that you have to be the strongest warrior of our Clan. Right now, your Uncle, Dario Robinson is the strongest."

"Thank you Elder Tanda."

A lanky old man showed up. The old man had short red hair, his eyes were like the eyes of a snake, and his posture was a bit tilted. 

He is Dario Robinson, the older brother of Bronal.

Despite being the older brother, Dario failed to become the Patriarch because his talented brother reached Godhood unlike him. 

It irked him even now. 

"Scarlett, my lovely niece, you know that my cultivation is so close to breaking through. It will only take a few years before I become a DemiGod.'

He was grinning devilishly.

Dario was 3rd Advanced for two decades and he was close to Godhood. 

"Bronal will have at least 7 to 13 years before he can come out of prison. Once he returns, my position is already solidified and he can do nothing but accept it. Just like what you're going to do."

"Uncle!"

Scarlett roared. 

The lanky old man that was always hiding in the dark showed himself at last. 

"After what my father did to this Clan, you guys still have the guts to betray him."

She was angry. It is a good thing because her Fuel is anger. 

"Come on, Scarlett. I'm doing this for the betterment of the Clan. The Clan needs a strong leader, and I can do it. The other Clans are vying and waiting for the moment to attack, it's time to strengthen our forces."

Dario said like a virtuous person. He was smiling the whole time. 

"Then, let's not wait any longer let's start the voting."

"Hold on, I never agree to this!!"

Scarlett tried to stop them but the Elders did not listen. 

There were currently 17 Elders in the meeting, all of them were 3rd Advanced and some of them were close to breakthrough just like Dario. 

 

However, they were actually afraid of becoming DemiGod, because advancing to the realms of God was a dangerous process. 

There were almost a million 3rd Advanced in the country, but only a handful broke through the DemiGod. 

'The tribulation is the scariest part of the process. No one is confident that they can survive it.'

That's why only a man like Bronal could overcome the tribulation. It demonstrated how brave he was. 

Scarlett glared at Dario but his uncle was just happily waiting for the outcome. 

Out of all 17 Elders, 8 voted for Dario to become the next Patriarch, 6 voted against it, while the remaining 3 were neutral. 

Scarlett was a bit relieved to know that almost half of the Elders had loyalty to Bronal, perhaps. 

Unfortunately, the outcome was still obvious.

"Muhahahahaha!!"

Dario started laughing like a mad scientist. At last, the position that he was vying for was in his hands. 

Scarlett was grinding her teeth. She was mad at his uncle, and she was mad at herself. If she knew that this thing would happen, perhaps she would have started to make connections to the Elders. But she could not bring back the past. 

"Your first order, Patriarch Dario."

The Elders who voted for Dario started butt-licking.

The First Order of the new Patriarch was heavy and respected, every member must fulfill it.

Decades ago, Bronal's First Order was to strengthen their Clan by pushing the members to join the military and the whole clan respected his decision. 

"As the Patriarch of the Tempest Clan! I command Scarlett Robinson to marry Methecula, the Young Master of the Rosanic Clan."

"What?"

Everyone was stunned. They did not expect that Patriarch Dario would make a dick move. 

It was a tradition that the First Order of the new Patriarch must be respected no matter how absurd it was. 

Everyone looked at Scarlett. The woman had cold emotions as she stared at Dario. She knew that her uncle did not like her, but it seemed that her opinion of her uncle was shallow. 

"Scarlett, we made a deal with Junian and Rosanic Clan. They agree on the condition that you will marry their young master. Don't worry, young master Methecula is a good guy."

"I will never marry him."

She spoke. 

Athena and Shadow were worried. Athena even glanced at Shadow, signaling him to get ready. Shadow nodded. They would take Scarlett and escape the Clan.

However, Scarlett had a different plan. 

She pointed her finger at Dario. 

"I order a Duel for the position of Patriarch!!"

"What?"

"That's absurd!"

Everyone was shocked, some even gasped. They looked at Scarlett who announced a battle against her uncle. 

"Lady Scarlett! We will not accept this duel! A duel in front of the Elders, for the position of Patriarch, means that you will fight for death!"

"That's what I mean. I announced it knowing that the duel is a battle to the death."

[This novel has 69(noice) chapters, 2 PDFS, and 10 character gifs on Pat reon.]

41