Chapter 275
2.2k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 275

[This novel has 70 chapters, 2 PDFS, and 10 character gifs on Pat reon.]

Laura came out of the apartment. She looked fresh and beautiful. She had light makeup on. For a mid-forties woman, she looked young and active. With a shade of her cosmetics, her haggard face vanished. 

Laura first visited the nearest cafe to order a cappuccino. She inwardly clicked her tongue when she found that the waiting line was long. 

Anyway, she waited, because she was craving a cup of coffee. 

Suddenly, a piece of news showed on the television that caught her attention. 

On the television, Vice-President Esmeralda was standing and saying an important announcement. 

'Hm? I heard that Vice-President is going to run for the presidential election. I voted for her last time, but sadly, she did not win. Still, I'm going to vote for her this time again. I'm going to support my people of course, besides, I'm tired of those toxic masculine men ordering us around. It's our term now. I believe that this country needs a woman to lead us!'

She made a whole Ted Talk inside her brain. 

However, her inner monologue stopped when she listened to the television. 

The Vice-president's expression looked grim. 

-- The Obice was infiltrated and the Fragment of Excalibur was stolen. The government is trying to hide this fact from you, the citizens of Dellia. But I, Esmeralda Margaret, will show you honesty! I will try my best to retrieve the Fragment!

The people started clapping, and Esmeralda looked brave. 

Even Laura subconsciously clapped her hands. She was happy to see a woman like her at the apex. 

"I fucking knew it! Those misogynist assholes can't be trusted! They are hiding something important from us! Biden, you need to resign the fuck out! You did nothing but forget everything!"

She said her opinion. 

"Woah!! Go girl!!"

"That's right!! Those mansplaining bastards need to go! We, women, can live our lives without them!"

"Slay~~"

"Mm hm, girl you're a ten!"

A lot of women agreed with her opinion. Laura smiled and talked to them. They started talking about their opinion about men. 

They looked like they achieved something by downgrading the opposite gender.

"Laurel? A whole large grande venti trenta cappuccino?  Laurel? Is there a Laurel here?"

Suddenly, the barista called her name.

"Oh, I think that's my order. See you guys!!"

She bid her farewell and approached the counter. 

"Hey, um, I think that's me... But I think you made a mistake. That's not my name, I wrote it perfectly, it says Laura, not Laurel."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that."

He apologized.

"Um, ma'am, we have customers waiting so please excuse me."

The male barista spoke with respect. 

"Huh? EXCUSE ME? What did you just call me?"

"Ma'am?"

The barista was confused. He was currently working alone, the others took a day off. 

"Hah! I have a name!"

"I- I'm sorry about that... Laurel, right?"

Laura was triggered. 

"I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER."

"That's me. I'm the manager here."

The male barista answered. 

"SO YOU'RE THE MANAGER? OH, I SEE, THAT EXPLAINS WHY! YOU'RE A MAN!! A STUPID MAN! ANYWAY--"

She took out her phone and started recording the whole situation. 

"I'm going to post this on my Twitter and Instagram to garner affection and act like I'm the victim. Then I will post my Cashapp/GoFundMe account to ask for donations! Sir, smile for the camera!"

She was a devil. Using everything to win the argument. 

As for the barista, he just shrugged and continued his job. Nothing's gonna change anyway. 

Laura started explaining her story to the camera. 

"This guy, you are belittling me!"

She started making a scene. 

The barista sighed and approached her. 

"Ma'am, I need you to leave."

"E- excuse me? Ma'am? Hah!! I'm not that old--"

She was mad at first. But when she looked at him from up to the toe, she realized that the barista was actually hot. 

She bit her lip. 

"... I will stop, on one condition, give me your number."

"Wait what?"

"Your number."

.........

......

...

Laura was humming as she walked out of the cafe. She looked at the sky. 

"What a lovely day we have here."

She was poised as if she was not gangbanged last night. 

"If the Obice stopped working, this country will end."

The flying-type Aberrants are dangerous, they are menacing creatures. 

She took a taxi and reached the meeting place. 

She was strutting like a model, and men started staring at her ass. Well, she loved the attention. 

"Mom."

Nikki greeted her. She looked haggard and it seemed that she did not have a proper rest. 

"Oh, Nikki..."

She checked her daughter and grimaced when she realized that her daughter was dirty and tired. 

'She is so fucking tall that my neck hurts whenever I look at her face... It's better if she's a boy, sigh, I should have aborted her.'

Anyway, Laura sighed as she looked at her one and only daughter. Perhaps she was disappointed.

Nikki was hurt when she noticed that her mother was acting like a disappointed woman who lost her money. 

"Mom... I."

Nikki averted her gaze, she did not want to see her, but she had to. 

"So why did you call me? And what is this apartment that you're talking about? Is it big? How about we swap places? But of course you're going to pay, that's your responsibility as my child."

"... It's not big, only have one room."

"Nevermind."

"Mom, are you not going to ask about your granddaughter's health?"

"What about it? She looks like you, a giant. Gosh, she's just three years old but she looks like five. I don't know how I can introduce her to my friend."

Just as always, she started speaking non-stop. 

Nikki's expression was complicated. She was hoping that her mother would be worried, instead, she started blabbering. 

In fact, their location was close to the hospital, and nurses and patients were walking around. Yet her mother started speaking about her shopping, friends, and money. 

Patricia was hospitalized. She inhaled a substance that made her sleep for a whole day. Nikki was worried and sent her to the hospital. 

"Hey, did you hear me? I need money."

Laura was irritated. 

"... Mom, I will not give you money, not anymore. I'm going to live with my daughter."

"What did you say? Don't you know how much I sacrifice just for you to have a good life? I carried you for nine months!! And this is how you will pay me? You ungrateful brat!!"

Again, she started making a scene. 

[Starbucks/coffee shops have a stereotype of misspelling your name and they have stupid ass terms for cup sizes such as Venti and Demi... Furthermore, they are expensive as fuck.]

35