11: Small Town Life
441 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

11: Small Town Life

Thanks to my temporary companions, I’ve been able to get myself a room at an inn in a small town. Unfortunately, I’m basically free-loading, and do not want to become an adventurer. Belle wanted me to join them “Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a god as a party member?” but thankfully Charlotte was not so interested “She’s too weak.” As for Amelia: “It’s kinda painful being with you, knowing I can’t really make you mine. Sorry, but I vote not to have you join the party.” Thus, I’m alone again… or will be soon. They won’t be leaving right away, but aren’t going to stay with me.

I’m honestly sad to know I’m losing my companions so quickly, but Charlotte is right: I’m too weak. Besides, fighting monsters isn’t something I want to do anyway. What do I want to do? Sell sex toys. I mean, Deedee is awesome! While I can sleep, I don’t need to, and Deedee made those otherwise boring nights so much better. Though I, uh, had to make myself a gag to keep from waking anyone up. It’s really hard to not make noise when experiencing orgasms that strong. 

I call it a gag but really it looks more like a face-mask. It’s capable of a lot of different things: it can change shape into a ball gag, or a ring gag, as well as taking the form of a mask that muffled the sounds I made. I actually spent a lot making it, and it responds to the needs and desires of the one wearing it, so it might be capable of more. Pretty sure the points I spent were enough for a lot more than just a mask/gag with multiple forms. Though, I didn’t pay enough attention to actually be sure how much I spent. I’d make a terrible book keeper.

So, basically I need to figure out how to make a living, and how to stay hidden from people who’d wish to do me harm (or use me to do harm like those crazy summoners of mine.) Unfortunately, I don’t really know what kind of things people need. All I really know about right now, is adventurers, and I don’t think I can offer a useful product to them, unless they want armor that fucks them every night… maybe Belle would be interested?

When I was about to pose the question to Belle, I ended up being told something I wasn’t expecting:

“We’ve got to go, I’m sorry. I just found out my father is sick, and I need to see him. Stay here, okay? He’s not living in a place you can go.”

… oh… I guess I’m being left on my own much sooner than I expected. I hope Belle’s father gets better.

Time to explore town and ask about what life is like here. As for my cover story? I’m now a former noble! Apparently there’s a lot of them now, due to a large number of families getting into trouble and becoming arrested or killed. Usually it’s just a few people near the top of the family hierarchy who get into trouble, and then the rest are kicked off the property and left to fend for themselves. Many of these nobles led sheltered lives and don’t really know how commoners live, so my ignorance won’t be too out of place. I kinda doubt an actual noble would believe I have a noble upbringing though. I do not know any noble customs after all.

“What’s life like in this town?”

“We’ve got a few farms, and plenty of wilderness. There’s a forest, a nearby mine, and even a lake not too far from here. Sadly, resources have been drying up ever since the evil god died. We just don’t see as many monsters as we used to now. Iron ore from ore golems was our main export a decade ago. Now we’re just barely getting by. Most young’uns are leaving for the bigger cities, or joining the war.”

If I understand this right, the evil god made monsters, and monsters were the main source of income for this town… I can’t think of a good way for a sex monster to become a source of iron ore… unless it lays iron ore eggs?

When I start thinking about this, I seem to have some instinctive insight into how it works. It’s weird, it’s not knowledge, it’s more like a guess that I strangely have a lot of confidence in. For a monster to obtain iron, it must be in the right environment. A monster can’t just make iron in the middle of a town. Also, creating iron ore is much cheaper than iron itself, but if my goal is making iron, then making iron directly is better than making ore. Making monsters from an ore, would just be a way to make more of them, while still retaining some of the power (though nowhere near as much as a true iron golem would have).

“Are you okay?” I seem to have attained the attention of an old lady somehow.

“Of course. Why do you ask?”

“You’ve been staring off into the sky all day. Aren’t you hungry? Here, have a meat bun, and remember to get some sleep.”

“Um, thank you.”

Maybe I should do my thinking and planning in my room where people won’t see me staring at nothing as I get lost in my thoughts for long periods of time.

The meatbun was good. Weird though. It looked like a chinese meatbun, but inside the sauce tasted like indian curry with chicken. The housing in this town looks european. Don’t isekai stories normally copy one culture? This eclectic mix is weird… taking a moment to look at what’s being eaten in the inn’s dining area, I see pizza. Except that’s definitely not tomato sauce, it looks far too dark.

11