18: A meeting
344 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

18: A meeting

I spoke with Annabelle (apparently I can make myself sleep on demand if I want, and meet her in my dreams) and she tells me she doesn’t want to take on any responsibilities other than therapy. Something about it causing potential conflicts of interest? I guess I need to summon someone else to handle recruitment. *sigh* Maybe Alpha can help me get the needed DP faster. 

...

Alpha’s view

Sadly, I’m having no luck on the building a harem front, but at least I’m having some success in getting customers for sex. I’d kinda been hoping to rely more on seduction instead of prostitution for sex, but it seems I’m not as good at laying on the charm as I’d thought I could be. Do I need to improve my looks? Or maybe it’s just not a matter of appearance. I’ve managed to put together a few different looks, and even managed a slight upgrade in ability to make minor changes on the fly for customer preferences, but sadly it’s all been rather boring. 

Prostitution is seriously not as much fun as I thought it’d be. Instead, I find myself thinking of Lae a lot to help keep myself in the mood… am I crushing on her? I thought I could do some harem building isekai fun, but instead it feels more like I’m just doing a job and the best part of my time here is when I spend time with Lae.

Alan’s view

After learning of how nice Lae’s bed is, I convinced her to make a few more mattresses and blankets for some of my inn’s rooms, including the one Alpha now uses for business. It’s a little weird seeing Alpha in so many different forms; hard to believe they’re all the same person. 

Greg’s view

As the mayor of town, I get to make all the big important decisions! Which is basically none. Nothing much happens out here. Sometimes I wonder if I actually have any authority here, or if the title of mayor is just an excuse for people to dump annoyances on me. Like when Martha and Joseph got into a fight because they’d both fallen in love with the same woman, and wanted me to settle who should have the right to ask her out first. 

“You idiots, she’s my fiance already.” 

The look of shock on their faces was priceless. Nora was a fine lady, and I’m quite blessed to be able to marry her in the future. I’m not too fond of arranged marriages, but in this case it worked out well for me. 

Well, that’s not really the topic of the day, is it? No, the big important thing today is Alan’s report that one of his guests at the inn is a god. That’s the sort of thing I’d normally dismiss as nonsense, but my angel’s rather drastic response of immediately demanding murder of said god convinced me it might be real. Normally such a thing would just result in demands to investigate, or kick them out of town. The only time I hear such violent recommendations with so little evidence is when monsters are involved.

So, now it falls to me to assemble a town meeting. A meeting to discuss what to do with our new god. Thus, once people were assembled, and explanations were given, discussions began.

“I want silk!”

“I want a monster that will harvest the grain!”

“We need more golems in the mines for ore!”

… um… is everyone just going to accept the existence of a new god of monsters without any concerns?

“We should make a church!”

Oh wow, that idea really REALLY pissed off my angel.

“Awesome idea! That’ll really piss off all the angels!”

… Do I even really need to be here? Everyone’s just ignoring me and building plans for what they want… oh, wait, you all want me to be the one to bring these requests to her? Does being Mayor make me the town errand boy? *sigh* Whatever, at least I get to live in the biggest house and people give me free stuff all the time. If I have to do a few errands, that’s no big deal. Though I am a little miffed that something important finally happens, and I’m not even asked for my opinion on any of it. I thought being Mayor meant I got to make the big decisions! *sigh* 

I do have one request of my own to add: Can she make something that can block the voice of my angel? The ranting is getting really annoying. They are really unhappy about us trying to get a god of monsters to do our bidding. Calling me a traitor and calling everyone else traitors too. *sigh*

“Before I try to fulfill all these requests, I do need to make clear that my power comes from people having sex with monsters. So, all these requests will need to involve sex somehow.”

Oh… Alan didn’t really explain that part. “That could make for some awkward conversations.” At least it’s a relief the god is so friendly. Heck, she’s pretty too! Not as pretty as my dear Nora, but that’s a high bar.

“Maybe you could just figure out what order to have people’s requests be met in, and then I could meet with them one at a time to talk about their problems and how they might be solved?”

Finally, a chance to wield my Mayoral powers! “Then, let’s start with my own concerns!”

… sadly, the conversation did not lead to a helpful conclusion. I have no intention of having sex with monsters, and she doesn’t know of a good solution to the angels. Drat.

Lae’s view

So many wishes people have, if only I could delegate it all to someone else… wait… maybe I can? Summoning demons or devils is a classic trope of fantasy tales. Can I create wish granting monsters that answer summons? Payment would be in sex, of course. Lots of sex.

13