Chapter 38: Meeting The In-Laws
403 30 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anna stretched out on to the bed.

An actual bed.

             

A real life, actual fucking bed! She thought contently as the endorphins after a good night’s sleep could only accomplish.

On a real bed no less.

              

*SIGH*

                  

She sighed in contentment.

She looked out the window, noticing how dark it was outside the window.

Guess I wasn’t asleep that long.

           

After stretching again, she sat up to retrieve her staff at the side of her bed.

                  

“*YAWN* Good morning Lazrator.”

“}>≈Good morning Anna… as inapt as that phrase is this time of day…≈<{“ They commented.

This caused Anna to giggle.

“I suppose that is true.” Anna conceded.

She looked around the immaculate room she was in for the first time. There was a ceiling chandelier hanging over head. Which held something reminiscent to light bulbs

That can’t be right? Can it?

Upon further inspection, she noticed it glowed without a flame or any sort of substance.

Huh… weird…

The room had a partition screen sectioning off an area that held a tub with faucets, along with a sink and a mirror.

If it wasn’t for the stone architecture, I would just assume I was in a fancy hotel… that had a really expensive holographic chandelier……

The floor was had a large oval patterned rug, along with a table and four chairs around it.

       

They really know how to treat their guests here… I wonder if everyone else’s rooms are like mine?

At this thought. Anna felt depressed.

I bet Lilian’s is much better…… being a princess and all that… *SIGH*

She flopped back down on her queen size bed. Laying across it while staring up at the ceiling, the four-posts coming up from each corner of the bed into her view reminded her of towers.

I really need to find Lilian and apologize. She thought as she hugged Lazrator closer to her chest. I have been such a bitch… I haven’t been the most understanding girlfriend to her… especially with everything going on…

                          

                              

*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK*

              

Anna scrambled to sit up after hearing the knock at her door. She leaned on her arms as she stared at it.

                 

Lilian?! She thought excitedly.

She scrambled off the bed and made her way towards the door to see her love.

            

She opened the door wide, and was greeted with familiar violet eyes.

               

                

Anna blinked.

                        

                  

She wasn’t even sure what, or who she was looking at.

                    

Standing there, about a four inches short than she had been when she saw her earlier, was a younger looking version of the Queen.

“Umm?… Your majesty?”

The woman flanked by two guards giggled girlishly.

“Oh my!~ Not quite at that point yet.~ Tee~ Hee~ Hee~“ The young woman giggled. “Have to wait for her to either abdicate the throne to me, or kick the bucket first. Neither I see happening soon.”

            

Anna just blinked at her. Not even sure how to respond to that.

         

*COUGH*

One of the guards coughed next to the young woman. She looked at him with a playful frown and slanted eyes.

“Oh don’t be a stickler Greg! You know I don’t wish her death! I’m just stating facts.”

He said nothing but looked away from her while shaking his head.

Anna also took a good look at these knights for the first time.

They were different from the ones she had seen so far.

They wore robes with steel helmet, with lightweight chainmail underneath. She would see the chainmail because of the weapons they were holding.

Spears?

Pikes?

Sword pikes?

Anna wasn’t familiar with their weapon of choice that they both carried.

It looked like a staff with a think single edge blade at the end.

It wasn’t even particularly tall!

The shaft of the spear coming just below the man’s shoulder, with the blade standing even with the top of his head; roughly about six, give or take, inches of blade.

              

The young woman turned back to look at Anna, which pulled her back from staring at the guards.

“May I come in and visit?”

         

Anna hesitated.

“Umm…—”

“Great!” Then the little hurricane walked inside, brushing past Anna. “Thanks for that.”

Anna stood there watching her come in without invitation.

“……You're welcome……”

*AHEM*

She heard from behind her. Anna turned her head quickly to look at the guard.

“Your highness…” The other guard. A woman stressed out, sounding both on edge and tired at the same time.

The young woman gave a dismissive wave toward her guards.

“No! Don’t ruin my fun!” She told the guards petulantly. “Just wait outside the door.”

“We cannot do that your highness!” The female guard tried to argue.

But to no avail.

The young woman turned back to glare at them.

“I am not going to do anything crazy or harm the woman! I just want to talk with her!” She groused at the two.

The guards shared a look between each other, before looking back at the young woman.

“It was one thing to come meet her your highness, and another thing to stay and speak with her. Her majesty’s orders were for you to remain—“

“FUCK HER MAJESTY!” The girl shouted.

All three of them; Anna and the two guards hissed at her sudden words and rudeness.

“If my mother doesn’t like that I came to introduce myself! my mother can come here and tell me herself! And until then!” She lifted a hand, a weird circle with weirder looking symbols inside of it that circle glowed light pink.

The door ripped free of Anna’s hand.

“Hey what?!—“

“Stay out there and GUARD THE DOOR!”

*SLAM*

            

Anna blinked at the door that had seemingly closed on its own.

                 

Anna turned to look at the Gack’tug that had entered into her room.

              

At that thought, Anna decided to play a trick on the poor girl.

“Sorry if I seemed inhospitable, but I wasn’t expecting to be entertaining a Gack’tug at the moment.” Anna snipes in Mokra’Torc.

“Hahahhahahahahahahahaha!”

         

“………………..”

Not the response I was going for……

                               

The girl laughed for almost two minutes straight, before she stood up straight to compose herself.

“Oh that is too good! Hahahaha! So very presumptuous of you, to think to tell someone that they are an unwelcome guest inside their own home.”

Anna’s face fell as she heard the girl speak perfect Mokra’Torcish.

The girl looked at her with a smile that bordered on a sneer.

“Mokra’Torc is basically a first language for me. My mother taught me since I was an infant; and in case it wasn’t made clear by this point.”

The woman did a graceful curtsy by grabbing the edge of her slip dress robe.

                          

“My name is: Belladonna Falaris. Crown princess of the Kingdom of Falaris.”

Anna’s eyes went wide as she was now putting together who this was.

God I am slow sometimes……

Anna chalked it up to being tired and worried about Lilian more than who this gack’tug was. But she also couldn’t excuse the fact that she had just done a disservice towards royalty and who was essentially Lilian’s younger sister.

                   

As Anna debated doing a curtsy of her own. Belladonna stood with a relaxed posture while looking Anna up and down with a critical eye of a predator.

           

I know that look all to well.

                  

Anna felt almost self-conscious enough from her stare, that she wanted to cross her arms over her chest, to prevent herself from being ogled.

“Yeah… So anyways… why—“

“Am I here?” Belladonna finished for Anna. She shrugged. “Simple really. I just wanted to me the pig loving human woman, who was audacious enough to call the Queen’s bastard daughter her mate.”

                  

Anna couldn’t help it. Her jaw had relaxed enough at the girl’s statement that it fell wide open.

“W-Wow!… I just… like, not even two minutes speaking with you and I think I hate you.” Anna told her flatly.

This only got the girl to throw her head back in laughter as she turned to walk around the room.

“It took you that long? If I had a gold Falarian for every time someone said that… well, I wouldn’t be as rich as I am now. But it would be more than enough to but a house.” The princess; Belladonna gave Anna a critical look. “But perhaps you’re more used to having barbs being thrown at you, since you are married to a fucking neanderthal pig woman… but I suppose to her credit, she is only half a pig woman.” She then shrugged before looking at her nails. “That or I’m losing my touch.” She commented as she buffed her nails on her chest of her robes.

Anna felt the heckles raise on the back of her neck.

“Look, I realize I am the guest here and all, you’re the princess, but don’t you think this is going a little far to be treating a guest like this? Or talking about the Warchief like that? Even if you are related? Especially since we are here for a peace talk!” Anna scolded.

Belladonna shrugged.

“It doesn’t really matter to me!~” She singsonged. “None of this is really my problem. Nor do I really care who you really are.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“What I am saying is. That you are my perfect ticket into getting in close to my bastard sister. So I need your help.

Anna scoffed.

“If you think I am really going to help you with anything you have planned, then forget about it!” Anna snapped at her.

The girl giggled.

“Oh please Anna Gardner, I don’t need your help. I just need you.” Belladonna told Anna as she stalked back towards her.

“What are you?—“

But before Anna could react. Belladonna had grabbed her by the back of the head and pulled her down towards her.

Their lips met in a kiss as Belladonna’s tongue invaded Anna’s surprised mouth.

                                  

“MHPM?!” She pushed the girl away almost as soon as the kiss had started. “PLEH! What the hell is wrong with you?!” Anna said while wiping her mouth with the back of her furred leather bracers.

A flash of green, purple and silver lights shone from Belladonna as her whole person glowed.

“What is!— wha?!—“

Anna was stunned by what she was looking at right now; more to the point, WHO she was looking at.

                

She saw the slightly tanned complexion of the princess change to am more creamy pale color. Her height gaining a few inches, along with her eyes turning into a forest emerald green. Her hair curling slightly as it began to wave from straight to wavy.

           

Anna was familiar with who this person was.

She stared at them everyday when she woke up in the mirror. Some times spending hours helping them fix up their appearance.

                     

                  

Herself.

                  

                       

“Wha—?!” Anna was so confused by what she was seeing.

She watched as the herself moved over towards the mirror by the partition, giving herself a good once over from all angles.

“Hmm! Not bad!~ If I do say so myself!~” She turned to look back at Anna with a smile. “Now, as for you.”

Her right hand glowed a pink color again as she pointed towards Anna and swiped it to the left.

“What are You—EEEEYYYYY?!—“

Anna felt herself falling—

No— Raising into the air. Then shot across to the other side of the room.

Her back smacked against the wall, knocking the wind out of her.

                

“OOF!”

             

She looked back up to stare at herself; to stare at Belladonna, disguised as herself.

“What are you doing?! Why are you doing this?!” She wheezed out.

Belladonna gave her a Cheshire Cat like smile with her own face. Which really gave Anna the creeps.

“I hate my half-breed sister, so I need some quality alone time with the Warchief, and you being her mate, being having separated yourself to different rooms for whatever reason, and female no less, provides me with the optimal way of doing so.”

“No! LILI—“

“SHH!— None of that now.” Belladonna’s hand glowed a light blue, almost teal color.

“—ANA! LILIAN!”

“There! Now no one can hear you or see you. Just sit while I spend some quality time with my sister hehehehehe-hahahahahaha—HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

                  

Anna look down at herself to she that she was indeed see through.

“*GASP* No! LILIAN!”

kicked and struggle, trying in vain to pull herself off of the wall.

“}>≈Calm down our Friend!< Partner!≈ Love!{“ Called out Lazrator. “}>≈You still have us at hand! This spell the mage has cast on you is easily broken. Channel our energy, and convert it to wind elemental energy, then you should be able to break your bounds and restraints.≈<{“ They explained.

                         

Anna stopped struggling at Lazrator’s voices. Then thought about it.

“Can you hear me?”

“}>≈Yes we can our partner.≈<{“

“Okay…… How do I do that?”

“}>≈What?!≈<{“

“I don’t know how to do that……”

“}>≈……Oh dear……≈<{“

               

                             

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

“Anna… It’s me… Lili… can I come in?”

“NO!” Anna screamed. But nothing happened.

“Yes my Ashu’Rágé!~ Come on in!~” Belladonna said in a voice similar to Anna’s.

“…………..”

Wow that is a terrible impression of me.

11