Chapter 32 – The Smiling Butcheress
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cain kept his promise and went back to spend quality time with his sisters. He definitely regretted it but he didn't give it much thought. He did it to prevent their incessant requests. Questions came at him like a bullet, Sabina never held back with them. She was like a hitman who had only the mission in mind.

Guinevere also chimed in from time to time. Though unlike Sabina, she held back a little but she still kept ruffling his hair and smiling at him. Songs were played, though he didn't like them because they were too fast paced. However Sabina kept on dancing and doing a sing-along.

The drinks were plentiful, Sabina kept replacing them from time to time once they finished. She even had to take some out from her space ring. Guinevere was more reserved but one could notice that she herself loved the drinks, she was the silent assassin in the group. Cain himself had some drinks as Sabina kept on insisting like a nagging mother.

They played card games, drank wine, listened to music, ate to their fill. One could see the happiness on the faces of Guinevere and Sabina. Even though Cain's face was blank, they knew he was having a good time — at least that's what they thought. They were happy he was even here with them so they didn't mind his expression, besides it was nothing new.

Sabina however tried all her best to make Cain laugh or even smile, she told him 'funny' jokes which she laughed stupidly to. She recounted funny moments of her own personal experiences. However none worked, the only person laughing was herself which made her look a little stupid.

However she was saved by the bell as Guinevere chuckled a bit to her antics. Guinevere herself — or Guin like her family called her — seemed to like Cain's hair as she kept on massaging and stroking it. Her expression was very gentle as she looked at her siblings with warmth.

She was the eldest, she was responsible for them and she would do anything to ensure that the smiles on their faces never faded just like hers never did—well Cain was an exception. Nevertheless, she was truly happy. She enjoyed seeing her lovely little sister like this. She loved her little brother and everything about him. She was reminded of one of the reasons why she wanted to be an immortal — to protect her family.

So she made sure she enjoyed this, to engrave this moment to her memory. This was part of her motivation, this was part of her personality. Though she always smiled on the outside, she was worried deep within. She worried if she had been a good sister and if she could protect them properly.

Her care and worries were hidden behind her smile. She always smiled majorly because of a long distant memory of hers. How her father once told her when she was very little, that her dimples made her more beautiful which made him happy. It stuck like glue in her mind, subconsciously from that day she kept on smiling to reveal her dimples.

Her thinking was simple, if her dimples made her father happy then she would gladly make them permanent. All was for her family, her strength was for them. Her smile was for them. She lived for them and would die for them. Her mind was wired to care to the utmost about her family.

However that was where her kindness ended. Anyone or anything against her family was against her. Despite her smile, beneath that was ruthlessness and savagery. She took no prisoners when it came to her enemies. They were effectively cut down without mercy. Her smile was always mistaken for softness. Only miserable ends awaited those who had those thoughts.

She was the one who smiled while separating a body in two. She smiled while chopping off a head. She was like a butcher in battle, slaughtering her enemies with a smile plastered on her face like the anonymous mask. She loved to see her enemies in pain, she loved to inflict them, she derived pleasure from them.

This was Guinevere, the Smiling Butcheress of the Ashel family. Her behaviour towards her enemies was that of mercilessness. Only her family deserved her warmth, only they deserved her affection. Arrogance could also be felt within her — she was an Ashel after all.

The three siblings continued on for hours before they called it quits. Sabina was on cloud nine, this was the most fun she had in a long time, and she got to spend it with her brother and sister. She was like the Celestine of the Ashel family — besides the naivety. She got along with everyone and it was hard not to love her.

However just like her her big sister Guin, she would never hesitate to slay her enemies for the sake of her family. But unlike Guin, she took no pleasure from fighting and killing, it was akin to a necessity for her. She would never initiate the kill but if she was provoked she would cut them down at their roots.

They each had their own approaches but at the end of the day, one thing they had in common was their love for their family. Their love for each other was as strong as an epoxy. It was what kept them together and it would continue that way.

Cain decided to step out, he didn't have anything else to do and a stroll didn't seem so bad.

***

Tara was in her room checking out different outfits as she hummed a melodious tune. She was happy, today she was going to see her man. So she was extremely careful, she had to look her best for him and she did not want to embarrass him.

All the clothes lined up on her bed were what she got the previous day. She was having a tough time selecting. Her eyes darted around rhythmically, pupils moving from side to side as she scrutinized the clothes.

At times her mind would irrupt into her sea of delusions, imagining Cain's expression when he sees her in all her sexiness, would he speak to her, would he touch her would he kiss her. So her gaze became sharper than a knife.

The clothes ranged from bustiers to camiknickers, weapons of attraction. After extensive thinking and numerous tests, she decided to settle for what looked like a Stellar Ostrich Feathered Peignoir Gown. It was the colour of ivory and was a complete see through.

She decided on being braless, and also chose to wear what greatly resembled a white lace thong panty. She was on a mission, she wanted her look to be able to tempt the devil himself. As she wore the cloth, she felt the smoothness course her skin. Like the name of the cloth she felt like the rarest of birds, a phoenix, one whose figure shone beautifully.

She stepped in front of the mirror and admired her look, she nodded her head to herself as she grinned like a cheshire cat. She felt like she had done Cain proud, that she wasn't bringing any shame to him.

Adding on to the finishing touches, she left her residence in a hurry. Once she was outside, her figure again attracted the gazes of the opposite genders like magnet did a metal.

***

Cain walked out of the main sector and headed towards the subsector, he had no destination. He just wanted to go on a stroll, to take in the magnificence of the airship which was as a result of cutting edge magic technology.

A huge wall separated the main sector from the subsector. The main sector although a little smaller, was extremely top of the class. As he walked on the streets, the usual bustle of the airship went on.

The singers doing their very best to make sure they capture the hearts of their targets like cupids. The nobles pottered down either to the shops or gathered around the street performers. Cain wore a simple plain white round neck t-shirt with cherry colored shorts and slides slippers. His left hand was behind his back as his right hand stroked his chin.

His t-shirt struggled to contain his hardened muscles as it clasped them. His gait was like that of a general, calm and confident. His presence immediately attracted the attention of the onlookers with differing expressions.

As he walked, he suddenly felt a piercing stare directed at him. It wasn't like the mere gazes of the onlookers. No, this feeling was like that of a hawk looking at its prey — and he was the prey.

He paused in his footsteps and turned his head in the direction of the stare and he wasn't surprised by who he saw. A girl with an infatuated expression, he could almost swear that she was panting heavily like a dog.

***

Tara had already planned her route. Well it wasn't her route per say but his route. But if you asked her she would say his route was her route, it was a perfect answer to her. As she reached a corner of the street she stood and waited patiently.

Various male nobles kept looking at her alluring figure but she ignored them like they were mere chaff. Her body belonged to one person only, any other man who touched her would have committed the greatest sin to her. Today she wasn't like Eve, she was akin to Lilith, the first woman. She was going to be his first woman.

After some time, she saw him, and her mind was sent into oblivion. Her mind felt like a calculator riddled with syntax errors. It was in a momentary halt. What seemed a simple attire for Cain was nothing but temptations from the devil himself.

She snapped out of her daze and kept staring at him. She wanted to pounce on him there and then but she held herself. Within her was like a war between heaven and hell. It was like she was resisting the same temptations that Jesus had to resist from the devil.

Her mind whispered to her to make a move. To grab him, to caress his muscles, to lick them. All sorts of scenarios began playing in her mind. But as this went on she suddenly noticed his icy stare. At that moment something underneath was unleashed, and like the flow of a river she became wet instantly.

She couldn't help it, she couldn't control herself, and so she squirmed where she stood. Her body shook intensely. Those who kept staring at her became dumbfounded, confusion ensued in their minds as they wondered just what was wrong with her. But she didn't care, in fact they did not exist anymore, only one person was worthy of her sight.

But as if that wasn't enough she noticed Cain walking towards her direction. The river flowed more intensely, she was shocked but elated at the same time. She was finally noticed she thought. Her plan worked she thought.

She held a pole to balance herself, she couldn't stand straight. But her gaze never left Cain, she kept staring at him. The beating of her heart was electric as the rhythm became irregular. She began to pant like an athlete further scaring those who were close by away.

***

Cain decided to have a talk with this mental patient, he was tired of the stalkings. But who knew he would make things worse. He noticed her change when he began walking towards her but he just pretended like he saw nothing.

He eventually reached Tara and was just three feet away from her, he could now see her state clearly. She was quite a mess as she held the pole and stared at his hulking figure.

"You" he said. "We need to have a good talk."

0