Heavens Beyond Heavens
4.3k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sacred Heaven Immortal World - Imperial City

Life on the Immortal Sacred Heaven Empire could be considered being rather good all things considered, even if evildoers still existed within its territory they become far lesser when one goes to its more inner parts, with they becoming practically nonexistent in the capital world, the Sacred Heaven Immortal World.

Qi was also far denser here this is not because the ruling couple are both Heavenly Immortals, but because of the Great Elder of the Feng Clan, the royal clan of the Sacred Heaven Empire, who entered secluded cultivation after entering the Celestial Immortal Realm, and left the ruling of the Immortal Sacred Empire to the crown prince who became the new Heavenly Emperor of the Sacred Heaven Empire.

The concentration of Qi makes the cultivation of the Sacred Heaven Immortal world much better than on normal immortal worlds, which is why many flock towards here for a chance on cultivating what they consider being sacred land.

There they will then try to enter the imperial academy of the Sacred Heaven Immortal world, while there are many branches of the imperial academy on the other immortal worlds under the Sacred Empire control, the main branch which lives on the Sacred Heaven Immortal World, has much more resources than all of them combined.

Gathered from a myriad of years since the Great Ancestors of the Feng Clan first discovered it so long ago. But while many aspire to enter the imperial academy, few of the billions of participants that attend every five years do so, for many reasons. 

And even those who pass don't have a high chance of advancing pass beyond the outer disciple rank, and can only gaze with envy towards those who do so.

The Imperial Princes also attended the imperial academy, from the first to the newly attended ninth prince. Their movements are closely followed and even a tiny action of these social titans can cause incredible consequences.

Therefore, many disciples of the Imperial academy took notice when the Eighth Prince, Feng Wei, was spotted walking towards the Heaven Arena. Naturally, since this event came out of nowhere, rumors eventually came to be.

"The Eighth Prince is going to challenge someone? I pity whoever that person is"

"You talk like the Eighth Prince is going to kill the one he is going to challenge, he chose the Heaven Arena, not the Infernal Arena"

The Imperial Academy houses many cultivators, so naturally grudges are going to form eventually, to resolve this the Heaven and Infernal Arenas settled these grudges.

The difference between the two arenas is that in the Heaven Arena, death and crippling of one's cultivation is strictly forbidden and punishments for the ones who break those rules are very harsh.

In the Infernal Arena, however, only life and death battles happen. They're the grudges which can only end on the death of one challenger, or at the very least, the crippling of their cultivation.

"Even then, with his violent temperament, that doesn't mean that the one he is going to challenge is not going through hell"

"Idiot! Are you bemoaning an Imperial prince, if he or one of his subordinates heard that, you would be dead before sunrise, the only ones who could save you are one of the princes or a Grand Elder do you have a good relationship with either?"

"Well... no"

"Exactly, so you better shut up if you still want your head to be attached to your shoulders!"

Feng Wei's violent temperament was not unknown to the inhabitants of the Sacred Heaven Immortal World and beyond, no matter how hard his supporters tried to hide it. But all their attempts to conceal Feng Wei's violent tendencies would be unveiled, not by some hidden enemy, but by Feng Wei himself.

He made no efforts to conceal what he was and cared little for his mother, who was his principal supporter for the position of Crown Prince, which has yet to be decided on constant scoldings. His tendencies have isolated him from the support of the other princes, especially the Fourth Prince which he has known rivalry, through the details of the why are unknown.

Apart from his power base, which is thanks to his mother's influence and not by his merit many of his subordinates are secretly spies working for his mother who apart from reporting whatever mistake he commits, also clean and hide whatever new bodies he makes on his rampages.

This has left many of them bitter and unsatisfied with their situation and many have already deserted towards the power-bases of the other princes, so on the run for the position of Crown Prince politically, Feng Wei was the weakest.

Imperial Academy - Heaven Arena

The Heaven Arena is truly a beautiful, and elegant place, with gold-colored walls and marble pillars and floors which were carved from the finest marble available to the Sacred Heaven Empire, at first glance newcomers would not believe that this place was an arena.

Which is the exact purpose.

The Heaven Arena is not a place just to settle grudges it is also where many disciples come to, to gain battle experience in a place that they won't be dead or crippled, unlike the Infernal Arena.

And like always, a new participant had come the arena, but this one is already amongst the most infamous beings on the Sacred Heaven Empire.

On the balconies that separated the battles from the spectators, walked a young man wearing the white robes of an Outer Disciple of the Imperial Academy, a flaming red hair that reached his shoulders, and finally, his burning amber eyes brought the feeling of a flame that wanted to burn down everything yet was still contained thorough sheer force of will.

He was tall for his age, and his face had the gaze that belonged to a true warrior. He would be considered being handsome and many women would throw themselves at him if he wasn't Feng Wei.

The beauty which he held was utterly destroyed by the constant snarl of rage present on his face and the aura of bloodlust that seemed to take a physical form around his body. With no words, all disciples that were in front of him immediately walked away, not because of reverence or respect, but because of fear.

And that was the only feeling his presence brought here in the heaven arena, that and curiosity. For who he was going to challenge? Many theorized to be the Fourth Prince, which Feng Wei had a known rivalry.

But Feng Wei was about to surprise them.

The Heaven Arena had ten different locations, each one having a special formation that would stop any killing or crippling from happening by teleporting the defeated challenger out of the bonds of the arena. It had been created alongside the Heaven Arena and was controlled by the Elders assigned to the Heaven arena.

Feng Wei looked at the different areas, before jumping towards the middle one which already had two participants in it, but they quickly excused themselves to Feng Wei. The Eighth Prince didn't bother with them, it wasn't them he was after, after all.

Looking intensely towards the balconies that lived the spectators, Feng Wei proclaimed his challenge "Feng Cai come and face me!"

'... What?' That is what everyone watching though at Feng Wei's exclamation.

"Damm, what a letdown. I thought he was going to challenge the Fourth Prince, not the Ninth, speaking of him how strong he is?"

"Nobody knows. He rarely leaves his residence and all who try to go there are barred except the Core Elders who seem to come and go from that place"

"Hmm, he is receiving lessons from the Core Elders? Except a few of them, not even Core Disciples, get the honor of being taught by them!"

"Still the Ninth Prince is what, 10 years old? While Feng Wei is not almost in his twenties, he is a born killer and has already plenty of battle experience. He also has recently entered the peak of the Qi Gathering Realm, while the cultivation level of Ninth Prince is unknown"

While the audience discussed amongst themselves the fresh revelations, Feng Wei started getting angry he was already not a very patient person precisely when his adversaries did not immediately show themselves to him.

Snarling Feng Wei roared "Feng Cai! Show yourself you, coward! Pay your respects to this prince!"

Before he could continue with his tirade, a gentle voice sounded out from the balconies, "Eighth Brother there is no need for such things, I am right here"

Feng Cai had arrived and different from his brother seemed to carry himself with a true elegance belonging to a prince. His appearance made several female members of the audience feeling their hearts beating wildly.

The Ninth Prince possessed a silver hair which reached his back, piercing carmine eyes which held a certain aloofness, all of that combined with his white robes it truly looked like a celestial being had descended upon this world.

While the outer disciples continued to be befuddled by the Ninth Prince, especially the females, the few Inner and core disciples present in the Heaven Arena narrowed their eyes before widening them.

Jumping gracefully towards the middle arena Feng Cai looked towards Feng Wei, asking "Before we begin, can I ask why are you doing this?"

Feng Wei showed a grin, which for many it was the last thing they saw before their deaths "Why should I explain my reasons to someone already dead?"

Shooting forwards at an incredible pace, which showed his peak stage Qi Gathering Realm, Feng Wei raised his left first right as he came face to face with Feng Cai. But before he could swing his first upon his brother's head, Feng Cai's crimson eyes meet Feng Wei's amber ones.

At that split moment, Feng Wei felt a chilling feeling in his heart and quickly retreated, confusing the outer disciples that were watching. Watching Feng Wei's reaction confirmed the suspicions of the few present inner and core disciples.

After a brief period of confusion on why he retreated, something clicked inside his head as he suddenly realized the why. Looking at Feng Cai with widening eyes, he asked with a tinge of fear, "Y-you are on the Foundation Establishment Realm?"

Feng Cai only gave a small smirk in response, which was already enough of a confirmation for both Feng Wei and the outer disciples present. Feng Wei's eyes held a certain amount of hesitation before it was snuffed out and anger replaced it.

Snarling once more, Feng Wei exclaimed in a hateful voice, "So what if you are on the Foundation Establishment Realm!? You are only on the Spiritual Altar stage and I killed those when I was only on the seventh stage! You are nothing to me!"

Feng Wei raised his hands towards and formed the shape of a claw, instantly flames appeared not only on his hands but also on his body.

But before he attacked, Feng Cui asked him "'Easily defeat Spiritual Altars' Strange I don't remember you defeating Fourth Brother," Feng Wei twitched as an old wound was opened once more "You were on the seventh stage weren't you?"

"DIE YOU LITTLE SHIT!!!" Feng Wei lunged himself at Feng Cai and started attacking him like some kind of wild beast. But no matter what, even as his flaming claws left craters which quickly healed under the power of the Heaven Arena formation, he could not strike Feng Cai who efficiently dodged all of his attacks.

This deadly dance continued for the time it takes an incense to burn before trying a new tactic overextending himself he created a bait which, as he predicted, Feng Cai took launching a palm strike towards his torso.

But just before the palm hit, the flames present on his body concentrated on the direction of the palm and exploded outwards, consuming Feng Cai in a sea of flames. Gasps were heard from the audience at this technique, which was a fatal technique.

Feng Wei himself when gazing upon the still burning inferno, laughed "HAHAHA!! Did you think the flames in my body were just for show? I cultivate the All-Consuming Flame Scripture, my flames could easily burn peak state Qi Gathering Realm cultivators when I was on the fifth stage! On the seventh, they could burn Spiritual Altars and now that I am on the peak stage of Qi Refining, they can burn Spiritual Crucible cultivators!"

Feng Wei cackled once more "HAHAHAHAH!! You were dead even before this fight when you insulted this prince!" Finishing with his talk, Feng Wei snorted and started walking away before he heard a sound that made him stop.

In the sea of flames, a figure chuckled, then the flames parted themselves, revealing a smirking Feng Cai who was completely unharmed, with even his robes not having a single burn mark in them. Gazing at Feng Cai, Feng Wei showed a stupendous face, "HOW!? HOW DID YOU SURVIVE!?"

"The answer Eighth Brother is simple" It might have been his imagination but Feng Wei swore he saw Feng Cai smirk getting wider "Your flames are simply too cold to burn me"

Feng Wei went strangely calm, which would have sent alarms towards the ones who knew how he acted, he seemed to be calmly analyzing what Fang Cai said to him, then his face showed enormous amounts of rage and the flames around his body exploded outwards becoming much fiercer.

"Too cold!? TOO COLD!?" Feng Wei screamed in rage, for which type of cultivator that practiced fire arts wouldn't? Feng Cai had given the ultimate insult towards a Flame Cultivator. Saying that the flames are simply too cold to burn anything said so that the flames they generated were useless, something they could never accept.

"If my flames are 'too cold' for you!?" Feng Wei breathed heavily before his eyes showed an even fiercer light than before "Then let me crack up the heat!"

The flames which were on Feng Wei became even denser and powerful, to where the arena was melting in some areas before returning to its normal state. Feng Wei's body seemed to have become an avatar of fire, this was the ultimate technique of the All-Consuming Fire Scripture.

The Supreme Fire Avatar! Which can be used for both defense and offense. Even if Feng Wei had not fully manifested the true power of the technique, it was still astonishing for him to comprehend such an advanced concept at a young age spoke of his potential.

But this wasn't everything, as Feng Wei liberated the power within himself, for Feng Wei had Heavenly Fire Spiritual Veins! 

Spiritual Veins are a fairly important part of a cultivator as it dictates not only their overall potential but also the elements they can use. They are divided into different grades: Mortal, Earth, Heavenly, and Sacred, which then are broken down by the distinct elements they can use. If they have one, then they will at least reach the Transcendent Mortality Sage realm depending on the grade. 

Having two means that their potential becomes less, with three spiritual veins cultivators having more difficulty in cultivating than other cultivators, and so on.

Here, Feng Wei possessed Heavenly Fire Spiritual Veins which he has gotten from his mother's clan, which is a clan of flame cultivators. when activated, it strengthens his All-Consuming Fire Scripture to a whole new level of strength.

The flames around Feng Wei's body seemed to have become even denser and powerful as he became a walking sun. Extending his open hand towards Feng Cai, he said two words "Sun Pillar"

 He then closed his hand and the flames around his opponent condescend and then exploded upwards, creating a pillar of flame that contained far more power than his previous attacks.

Another supreme technique of the All-Consuming Fire Scripture, Sun Pillar!

Feng Wei cackled once more "Tell me Feng Cai, are my flames still too cold for you!? HAHAHAHA-"

"Actually..."

Feng Wei froze

Emerging from the pillar of flames, once more completely unharmed, Feng Cui added, "Yes, yes they are"

For the first time in his life, Feng Wei felt fear, genuine fear, not the apprehension he felt when he met his Emperor-Father, but the feeling that his death was closer than ever. That was the fear of death. Finally, taking his opponent seriously, Feng Wei went to summon his low-grade earth spiritual weapon from his spatial ring.

But before he could do that, Feng Cai suddenly appeared a palm strike ready to attack. But Feng Wei scoffed in his mind.

'Idiot, while my Supreme Fire Body is imperfect and can only be sustained for so long before my Qi runs out it is still my trump card and its greatest power lies not within the offense but its defense!' While it was impressive how Feng Wei attained not one but two supreme techniques he is still just a Qi Gathering cultivator and does not have the amounts of Qi needed to sustain such techniques.

Just the Sun Pillar already consumed sixty percent of his reserves and his boosted Supreme Fire Avatar was devouring away his remaining amounts of Qi.

He had to end this fight fast and what gave Feng Cai presented the perfect opportunity for him to do so. Sending his last amounts of Qi towards the fire around his body, which then exploded outwards in a sea of destructive flames that consumed everything in their part.

Everything except Feng Cai, who moved like these burning flames, was simply a mere illusion and not real. Then he raised his hand before the shocked Feng Wei... and promptly slapped his face.

The flames around his body were immediately extinguished and his body was sent flying out of the arena, cratering a wall. There, on the smoking crater, lay Feng Wei, knocked out with a hand imprint on his face.

Feng Cai didn't even bother staying there any longer, and jumped towards the balconies and promptly left the Heaven Arena presumably to collect his inner disciple robes. After a few silent moments, the crowd broke out in excited chatter.

The fighting between the two princes was something truly great for them to watch. Feng Wei had shown tremendous power even at the Qi Gathering Realm. But as the saying goes, there are heavens beyond heavens and Feng Cai had truly proved himself to be the superior one between the two.

And Feng Cai has just entered the Foundation Establishment realm. What heights will he reach in the future?

And that's it, my first chapter of a Xianxia novel never thought I was going to do it but I did it.

Also, as many of you probably noticed, the title image is blurry and since I still have not yet found a better image, we will stick with that for now, but if you have a better image, then please share it with me.

Also, if you are asking:

 

  1. How strong was Fang Wei? Not that strong. While his super mode grants him a power boost, he still doesn't have a high chance against even a Spiritual Altar, much a Pillar and Crucible cultivators. He overrated his strength.
  2. Why did Feng Wei attack the MC? Just because the cliche doesn't appear does not mean it's not there.
  3. Will Feng Wei appear again? That runs into spoiler territory, so I won't say anything related to this.
  4. When you are to show the cultivation levels? Later I will now sleep, so when I wake up at least.
46