The Consequences of Your Actions
2k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Imperial Palace - Third Consort's Quarters

"Do you have any idea what you have done?

Feng Wei stared at his mother, the third consort of the Sacred Heaven Empire. And he felt his ever-present rage rise.

The Third Consort was truly a beautiful woman, with long silky red hair, beautiful amber eyes, and delicate features. She was the little princess of the Bai Clan: Bai Fenfang.

With her beauty, she was courted by many young masters when she was young, but had rejected all of them. Eventually, she had found out she was to be wed to the crown prince of the previous Heavenly Emperor.

But not as Heavenly Empress, but as a consort, which rattled her pride like anything else.

Staring at her son, Bai Fenfang felt disappointed. She had such high hopes for him when he was born, especially when he was found out to have Heavenly Fire Spiritual Veins, and even more when he showed a natural aptitude towards the All-Consuming Fire Scripture.

Then he had shown his true nature as a simple killer. By burning several servants in broad daylight in a public space.

Of course, it was counted as an accident, and since they were only low-ranked servants, the matter was closed. Then Feng Wei did it again, again, and again, and from then on no one could say it was a simple accident.

Feng Wei was a natural killer, killing was natural to him and something he enjoyed. Which led to his infamous rampages, which leaves many bodies behind.

If the circumstances were different, then Feng Wei would have been quietly killed, and all of his rampages would have been buried and forgotten. But Feng Wei represented the Bai Clan's chance of getting the throne by making Feng Wei the crown prince.

The chance was not that high as only the Heavenly Emperor could decide who amongst the various princes was going to become the crown prince, and thanks to Feng Wei's personality, that chance was so minimal it was laughable.

But Feng Wei's recent actions guaranteed that not only would Feng Wei never touch the throne, he would also never touch the grounds of the imperial capital city ever again. Becoming a, in all manners, prince in name only.

The Bai Clan had lost their chance, and even now their foothold in the capital was weakening, being subverted by the other clans who had smelled blood on the water and swiftly took advantage of the Bai Clan's misfortune.

More than a few of their agents had already deserted to the other clans. It would take centuries at minimum to restore all the damage and by then, the position of crown prince would already be filled.

Bai Fenfang was trying her best to contain her anger, but it was proving to be very hard, as Feng Wei simply glared at her. Calling forth her power, Bai Fenfang unleashed the crushing pressure of a True Immortal.

Feng Wei, a mere Qi Gathering cultivator, could never have resisted. His body instantly met the ground, the force behind it causing the once perfect floor to be destroyed.

Bai Fenfang had diminished the strength, of course, but she hadn't made it so that Feng Wei wouldn't feel pain. This was a punishment, and he knew it.

The pressure was kept for several minutes before being lifted. Feng Wei was almost sure that some of his bones were broken. The pain was very high, but he had felt worse than some broken bones.

Bai Fenfang did not pay any mind to her son suffering "Your actions have made so that not only will make sure that the power of the Bai Clan in the capital be reduced to a shadow of what it once was, but you also will never touch its ground in your life" Bai Fenfang paused a little before asking "Why did you attack the Ninth Prince?"

Feng Wei seemed to think about whether to talk or not eventually seeing his mother's angry expression and his sense of self-preservation he spoke "It was because Peng Shuchun-"

Bai Fenfang did not allow him to finish, as his mother's delicate features transformed into an angry snarl, as she nearly roared "That woman!? You attacked the prince you shouldn't have attacked because of that woman!?" Bai Fenfang naturally knew who Peng Shuchun was. How couldn't she?

She had noticed in the past how a majority of the resources sent to Feng Wei had dried up faster than normal and so she investigated; she had thought that Feng Wei had let go of his temperament and focused on his cultivation. How foolish she had been thinking that Feng Wei even could change.

She had found out that he was sending these resources to a woman instead of using them himself. She had thought that this woman had to be an extraordinary talent. Again, she had been a fool. She had found out that this woman, Peng Shuchun, had successfully seduced Feng Wei and was now leeching him of resources and using him to get rid of people she disliked.

She also now knew that it was because of her that Feng Wei had attacked the Fourth Prince, cutting off bridges permanently between the two.

Feng Wei glared at his mother with even more intensity than before "Don't talk about her like-!"

"I'll TALK ABOUT HER AS I SEE FIT!" Bai Fenfang shouted at Feng Wei, her patience finally snapping, the shout carried over her power which when it reached caused him to spurt blood and fly towards a wall making a big crater on it.

Surprisingly, Feng Wei was still conscious. But thankfully, he kept his mouth shut.

Bai Fenfang had noticeably calmed down, but before she could speak the doors to her chamber were opened, and walked in one of her servants.

Kowtowing the servant said "Your Majesty, both you and the Eighth Prince have been summoned by his majesty the Heavenly Emperor to the court" This information was not surprising, but Bai Fenfang was shocked that it was already happening, the Emperor for sure moved fast, especially if it concerned the son he had with the Empress.

Sighting Bai Fenfang threw a pill towards Feng Wei, "Absorb that pill and put presentable clothes on, it is time for you to face the consequences of your actions"

Short chapter this time around, though of adding another thing but will save it for a next chapter, as it will be quite important.

48