The Hidden Truth
2k 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thunder Clouds Sect - Sect Conference Hall

"I have called this emergency meeting for I have received news that someone of immense importance shall arrive on our Sect in the coming days," Spoke out the Sect Master of the Thunder Clouds Sect, Xue Fuyi.

He truly looked like the stereotypical old cultivator, with long graying hair and a completely gray beard, but his face showed no wrinkles or degradation, and muscles were even visible under his robes. This was because Xue Fuyi has recently become a True Immortal and so could alter his appearance to resemble the one that he had when he was younger.

Around him were the high-ranking Elders of the Sect and his two children. He had begotten a son and daughter, one he cherished and had great hopes for, the other he held only contempt for.

"Sect Master, can this one ask you who exactly is coming to our Sect?" one elder, which were part of the Merit Hall asked.

"If my sources are accurate," Xue Fuyi slightly tightened his fists, "Elder Zhang, alongside various cohorts of the Silver Tigers Legion, will arrive in our Sect in ten days"

Everyone present, except one, paled at the declaration of Xue Fuyi. For who presently didn't know who exactly Elder Zhang was? He was a truly legendary individual in the Sacred Heaven Empire who has strong connections with the Emperor himself.

For him to come towards the Thunder Clouds Sect, with several cohorts of the second royal legion accompanying him, meant that something incredibly important would happen.

"Sect master, do you have any idea why they are coming towards our sect?"

Xue Fuyi shook his head "I do not know why, but we must be prepared for their arrival, prepare a banquet and festivities" All present nodded, a grand feast was only natural for such grand individuals.

"Also keep the Thunder Cloud Warriors Grand Formation active and ready to launch attacks," Xue Fuyi orders caused everyone present to show shocked expressions.

Xue Fuyi has just ordered them to be prepared to attack a royal legion and an elder who had personal connections with the Emperor himself. This was borderline treason!

"Sect Master, is this really necessary?" An elder asked what everyone was currently thinking. Wasn't Xue Fuyi overreacting?

Xue Fuyi nodded. "Their coming towards our Sect may hold malicious intents. It is better to be prepared than be found with our defenses down and let our Sect be extinguished"

"This was the only topic that I have summoned all of you to hear, dismissed. " Xue Fuyi looked at his two children "Except you Tengfei"

Hearing Xue Fuyi's words all got up and go to exit, all except one, the son of the Sect Master and number one genius of the Thunder Clouds Sect, Xue Tengfei!

He possessed long silky black hair, and dark blue eyes, coupled with his handsome features, it wasn't a great surprise that many female cultivators were pursuing him. He was also Xue Fuyi eldest child and without a doubt the most talented of them.

His younger sister, on the other hand, had only advanced towards the second step of the Qi Gathering Stage and never advanced anymore. A situation that was rare in the Immortal Realm. Of course, certain resources could be used to help her but Xue Fuyi would never waste them on her.

This was because of the occurrence that happened during her birth. Xue Fuyi's beloved wife had died giving birth to her, an event that caused him great sorrow, and seeing how she had never advanced beyond the second stage of the Qi Gathering realm, Xue Fuyi had only contempt for her.

At least she had good looks, with long black hair, and golden eyes, coupled with her delicate features. She would become a great beauty, so Xue Fuyi could at least use her to gain favor with other sects.

Xue Tengfei maintained a calm expression but secretly hated the fact that his sister was sidelined. The only reason that she was even here was that it was a tradition for the children of the sect master to attend these meetings to garner political experience.

But his sister didn't even look offended as she calmly walked away alongside the other Elders.

When they all left Xue Tengfei sat in front of his father and asked "Father, do you wish something of me?"

"You are my son and the pride of the sect," Xue Fuyi started. "You have talent and determination, and have made many connections inside and outside the sect"

"You are good at forming connections, which is why I am going to say this to you, I did not reveal the whole matter to the Elders," Xue Tengfei raised an eyebrow, why had his father not revealed all the information to the others? Was it something drastic?

"The Ninth Prince is coming here"

Xue Tengfei thought a little, the current hot topic of the Sacred Heaven Immortal World, was coming here, of all the places that he could go. Xue Tengfei could wonder the 'why' later, as he looked at his father waiting for expression, before saying "I must befriend the prince?"

Xue Fuyi nodded "Yes, if Elder Zhang and the Silver Tigers did not come here to lay waste to our sect, then they came here for the Spiritual Thunderstorm"

The Spiritual Thunderstorm of the Thunder Clouds Sect was one of the great heirlooms of the Sect, many resources that the sect used, alongside certain techniques, could only be extracted or practiced there. There was also the fact that those rare members of the Sect that possessed Thunder Spiritual Veins went there to cultivate, earning them many benefits.

"The Ninth Prince possess Heavenly Thunder Veins, so it is possible, that they came here to have him cultivate inside the Thunderstorm" Xue Fuyi focused his eyes on his son "If that is the case then you must forge a connection with him, doing so will grant our Sect many benefits"

"I understand" Xue Tengfei slightly raised his head. "Will that be all?"

"Yes"

Xue Tengfei rose and went towards the exit, before he heard his father, "Wait! I have one last thing to say..."

Xue Tengfei turned around and looked at his father's piercing gaze "Stop talking with your sister, she will only drag your reputation down, I say this both as your father and your Sect Master"

"I understand" 

Xue Tengfei then left the conference hall.

Thunder Clouds Sect - Xue Tengfei Personal Room

Xue Tengfei was frustrated beyond what would expect for the son of a powerful Cultivator (Well at least in the region he lived), the source of the frustration was not some woman or a rival of his, the source of it was the great secret he harbored in his mind.

You see, Xue Tengfei wasn't a normal person as he was a time-traveler that through unknown means even to him, his mind was transferred from the far future to the past, with all his knowledge intact and knowing of all the dangers that would as well as the opportunities he acted. In the original timeline, his father had never become a True Immortal and had been stuck in the Demi-Immortal Realm until his death.

Which happened in the sect's fall at the hands of the Heavenly Thunder Sect. They had attacked from nowhere, and they had planned well. First, they had organized an incident in which he had lost not only his cultivation base but also his spiritual veins, coupled with the destruction of his core and meridians, and well, to say that his cultivation path was officially over was a colossal understatement.

Of course, certain treasures could help him but they were simply too expensive and incredulous for a fourth-rate power to gain and only second to sacred powers had to access to them, and why would they bother with helping them anyway besides the Spiritual Thunderstorm, they had nothing else.

The second step had been weakening the relations between the Imperial Court and the sect, though Xue Tengfei didn't know how they did it, it was still enough for the Imperial Court to give a side glance at the Heavenly Thunder Sect attacking them. Then the invasion happened, and they wiped the sect out. His father and all the elders were massacred, but the most shocking revelation had been just before his death.

His sister the seven-year-old Xue Lihua possessed Sacred Thunder Spiritual Veins, something that never happened in the history of the entire sect the highest grade had been of the founder that being the Earth grade, Xue Tengfei himself possessed an Earth Thunder Vein which is why he is considered a jewel of the sect, but his overall potential paled at his sisters. She could become a god. A. God. His sect could become a sacred power, like the dominant clans of the capital.

But he knew that knowing and acting are two different things. If he couldn't help his sister awaken her true potential, then this knowledge was useless. He had an idea how to, and it involved the Spiritual Thunderstorm.

But that was for tomorrow and he didn't know if he could convince his sister to follow him given how he previously treated her, a fact that filled him with no small amount of guilt, helping her would be his repentance for all the acts that he committed against her and how he ignored her when she needed him.

Xue Tengfei knows that his knowledge would become useless as the world changed around him, and one of these changes was coming towards his sect. For his original timeline, there was no Ninth Prince.

Sorry for the long wait, had a few problems, but updates are officially coming back. Also, previous chapters shall go through a period of editing to fix any mistakes done to them.

49