Unexpected Arrivals
1.9k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location - Thunder Clouds Feast Hall

Feng Cai had always been interested in how Xianxia feasts would look like in reality, would they have the associated tropes, would there be ass kissers, would there be the current jade beauty that was desired by everyone but was either: A bitch, someone with a tragic backstory that made them close themselves to the outside world, or something along those lines.

As it turns out, yes, that is exactly how the feast was. Drinking and eating were fairly orderly, but the various disciples were gossiping around, the topic being all rather predictable. Disciple X has a grudge with Disciple Y. A Female Disciple was cached sleeping with her best friend Dao-Companion and was sub-sequentially challenged to a duel.

It was all rather boring and predictable, his time became even worse when the legion of ass kissers came forth to torment him, fortunately, The Silver Tigers presence made so that they weren't forceful with their attempts to 'befriend' him so while they were certainly annoying he didn't let it show to his face

There was also the son of sect master, Xue Tengfei, he had to give it to him; the guy was trying hard to make a friendship with him even if it was just to better his sect, Feng Cai could understand the sect was his home after all, and as a young master, he had to have the powerful friend that would be killed alongside him by the protagonist. Which is he is never becoming his associate, coupled with another reason.

But there was one that interested him, the daughter of the sect master, Xue Lihua, who had not attempted to reach out to him, which he respected. The girl was three years younger than him and was already suffering. He had done a bit of digging on her and found something that confirmed that his suspicions.

Xui Lihua was hated by both her brother and father, through the abuse was mainly psychological, not physical, even then her familial life had been bleak, and she was bullied by many disciples while others mainly ignored her so she had no friends, this all communed in her becoming cold and uncaring. In other words, the backstory of the protagonist.

He decided to help her, not only because it was the right thing to do but also because if she became a murderhobo then with this she wouldn't kill him... he should make some contingencies just in case her bloodlust makes her kill everything. Yes, he would plan them tonight.

'Oh, why I am thinking so hard about this, I must enjoy free food the Thunder Clouds Sect so graciously prepared for' He thought as he started eating the meat of some spiritual beast 'Besides if we follow the tropes some guy should make a challenge now which the protagonist would take-'

Right as he thought of that, the doors of the feast hall opened, and three men walked in. Two were Elders, while the final one was a young man with long red hair and brown eyes with a prideful smirk on his face. Their robes marked them as being members of another sect.

'Oh,' Feng Cai thought as he watched the three walked in like they owned the place, 'If that isn't what a young master acts like I don't know what is'

"What are members of the Heavenly Thunder Sect doing here?" The sect master of the Thunder Clouds Sect asked the unexpected visitors, who merely chuckled at his question like it was some kind of joke and not a demand, but even then the young man who appeared their leader answered.

"We heard that both the Ninth Prince and Elder Zeng had come here so naturally, my father send me to pay respect to both of them,' Then he turned his gaze to both Feng Cai and Elder Zeng, and his gaze became shockingly humble, he bowed before them and cupped his hands "I Zou Xiaosi, give respect to you My Prince, and you Elder Zeng" Feng Cai was impressed at his acting.

What do you expect him to believe? This was an obvious ploy to get him and Elder Zeng on his side. Still, too he could become an excellent actor if he wanted to.

"You now have paid your respects, now leave," The Sect Master was fuming from anger at the sight of the disciple and elders of the Heavenly Thunder Sect, but Zou Xiaosi simply smirked before he said completely outrageous "Actually we came here for something else, you see as an Imperial Prince and Elder, both of your guests deserve the very best, which can only be provided by the strongest,"

"Where are you getting at?"

"I am suggesting a duel, one of your disciples against me if I win our Prince and Elder Zeng shall receive our aid, not yours if I lose I can promise that the Heavenly Thunder Sect will not interfere with the affairs of the Thunder Clouds for five years"

Shouts of anger were heard all across the room as the disciples of the Thunder Clouds Sect erupted in fury. The bad blood between both sects had already passed the event horizon, and if it wasn't for the Imperial Court, both sides would already be at war.

"SILENCE!!!" The Sect Master shouted using his power as a True Immortal to silence the entire room, he then looked at Elder Zeng, "Elder Zeng can you accept this?"

Elder Zeng looked at Feng Cai, who nodded and said, "Yes, I accept chose your best disciple to fight him. " Elder Zeng's answer shocked the entire room and made Zou Xiaosi's smirk grow. Feng Cai for himself was trying hard not to snicker after all. He knew the true reason they were here besides the Spiritual Thunderstorm.

"Very well then," The Sect Master sighed. "I call forward the core disciple of my sect Xue Tengfei to fight for the sect!"

"Disciple answers the call," Xue Tengfei immediately answered, sending a hateful glare at Zou Xiaosi through the corner of his vision, which seemed to amuse the latter. The Sect Master before he gestured him to move towards Zou Xiaosi. It was time for Feng Cai's first feast battle. He was looking forward to it.

45