Revelations
1.6k 6 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thunder Clouds Sect - Guest Room

"Now tell us Brother Tengfei, what do you want to talk to us?" Feng Cai said to the protagonist in front of him. There were no doubts now, a member of a freshly risen third rate power could not reach the peak of the Core Realm in a matter of weeks, even if Elden Zeng said to him it was only a one-in-a-lifetime event and nothing more, Xue Tengfei wouldn't rise the ranks that fast, his own talent was meager compared to his.

But he didn't believe it. He was sure that he was at least a transmigrator or time-traveller. It would explain so many things. His sudden charge of personality, for one, would be the most obvious. He had already ruled about the spirit jewelry. As he not seen any ring, necklace, or anything else that could hold the spirit of a deceased old master.

"Yes, I did this because there is something involving my sister." On the side, Feng Cai could see Xue Lihua lifting an eyebrow at her brother's statement, and then he dropped a bombshell on all of them "She has Sacred Thunder Spiritual Veins"

"Is this some kind of joke? All know that your sister suffered Qi Deviation at birth resulting in her talent being dismal" Elder Zeng spoke in a chiding tone, he didn't like what he was hearing, in his eyes Xue Tengfei was trying to use his sister as juicy prize in front of them. He wasn't the first to try such a thing, but he was definitively the most foolish and idiotic one. Feng Cai, on the other hand, was not sure that was the aim of Xue Tengfei.

"Elder Zeng, I am sure that Brother Tengfei wouldn't give such claims without proof. After all, you have proof that your sister has Sacred Spiritual Veins, don't you?" Feng Cai questioned, privately thinking that it was likely some seal or something like that, he had read many cultivation novels to see the cliches and tropes in any work that had cultivation.

Tengfei nodded. "Yes, I have proof, but not in the way that will make both His Majesty and the Imperial Elder to believe me in my claims. I must ask for Elder Zeng to check with his spiritual sense my sisters' spiritual veins"

Elder Zeng was about to deny doing so before Feng Cai sent him a look that said for him to do it. He grumbled in his mind, but followed the silent order given by Feng Cai. As he grabbed the hands of the young girl he though 'Really, that brat is getting unruly, there is nothing grand about this girl, her condition made so that she will never be grand-' It was then detected it, hidden in her Spiritual Veins, a seal. And not a common one. In fact, if it wasn't for his high cultivation base, then it was likely that Elder Zeng wouldn't have detected it.

Growing curious about the seal, he dove deeper, and what he saw passed through all of his expections. He could already hear the smug tone of Feng Cai. He was just like his father on the matter when he was proven to be right. Removing his hands, he gazed directly at Xue Tengfei's eyes causing the latter to sweat a little "Take your sister to her room, tell no one of what happened here, if you do I will know, now get out and come here with your sister in the morning"

Xue Tengfei followed his orders, and soon he and his sister had left the Guest Halls.

"So I was right. " Elder Zeng could hear the audible smugness in Feng Cai's voice.

"I think you were more right than you would have believed, Your Majesty"

"What do you mean?" Feng Cai frowned at the seriousness that emanated from Elder Zeng's voice.

"The seal present in her spiritual veins is not just a spiritual seal but a bloodline one as well," Elder Zeng explained, causing Feng Cai to confirm his suspicions.

"Do you know what her bloodline is?" Feng Cai asked

"Yes, she has the blood of a God-Kin"

God-Kin are those who originally lived in the God Realm being members of the various God Clans that inhabited it, and through different or equal circumstances, had been banished to the Immortal Realm either temporally or permanently, their cultivation bases alongside their bloodline heavily suppressed that they still be powerful compared to the Cultivators of the lower realms but not the way they were before they were banished.

'Okay, so the plotline would be that she would break her seal through a series of events and show everyone, especially her family, what they had missed. With her possibly destroying the sect if she went down the vengeful path, and later down the line would meet with her mother who faked her own death for her own reasons' Feng Cai thought, guessing the rough plotline of her story, or at least the initial section of it. "So, are you really going to break her seal, Elder Zeng?" Feng Cai asked, causing the old cultivator to nod.

"Having a cultivator that has the blood of the gods on our side is something that doesn't happen every day. She could become one of the greatest pillars of the Empire when she matures," Elder Zeng said, privately already planning how to keep this enormous secret quiet. He will need help for sure. The four great clans will surely want to know why a girl that was believed to have suffered Qi deviation on birth was going to be enrolled in the academy, and through it, the Feng Royal Clan.

After all, such power must be in the control of the Feng Clan. It is simply too much of an opportunity to pass. Elder Zeng looked at Feng Cai, who seemed to be in his own little world with contemplating gaze before shaking his head. 'No, he is still too young for that, and making her his fiance would generate more problems than fix them.' Elder Zeng, though, even if the Feng Clan in that situation would possess the blood of the gods, they couldn't say that out loud, as assassins would be sent to kill or kidnap the bride. And that is without the other four clans on their backs.

"Tomorrow, after dinner, we will go to the Spiritual Thunderstorm. The girl will accompany us"

His declaration caused Feng Cai to raise an eyebrow. "Uncle Zeng, you are going to break her seal there?"

"Of course I am," Elder Zeng said before he explained himself. "Her seal contains the traces of God Qi that were naturally present in body thanks to her bloodline. But the seal has suppressed it and caused it to grow without boundaries within it. When I break the seal, it is going to gus out of her body and you are going to be there to absorb it"

'Well, that makes some sense,' Feng Cai thought. The Chaos Ascension Primordial Scripture allowed the user to incorporate different cultivation methods to it with zero rejection rate, so it made sense that it could do the same to forms of Qi that weren't naturally present in the world, such as God Qi which can only be generated by Gods or those who have their blood such as the God-Kin.

Feng Cai had never attempted to absorb different Qi that weren't Thunder or Lighting Qi, so he wasn't sure if that would work. But the benefits...

'I have to try at least' He thought. 'Even if I absorb one thousandth of her God Qi, I still gain more power than before.'

A thing he discovered during his learning lessons, the purer the Qi, the more benefits a cultivator would gain when they absorb it to themselves. And there was no purer Qi than God Qi. Just like the Qi of the Immortal Realm would be considered an unfathomable treasure in the Mortal Realm, so did the same apply to the God Realm. Even a sliver would be precious. Which brought a rather simple question.

"Aren't you going to absorb as well?"

"No, If I did it would seem like that we would like all we want was the God Qi living inside her. No, she has to willingly give the God Qi to us, as a sign of trust," Elder Zeng explained.

'That sounds... oddly logical,' Feng Cai thought in surprise. This must be the rare case where the old cultivator had common sense, or rather, they acted that way because of the young master. A thing he always found surprising about the young master archetypes of those different novels he read is that different from the protagonists, they never actually suffer before the protagonist interferes in their matters. Quite on the contrary, they have a loving family, dozens of loyal retainers, immense funds and treasures, etc. Contrasting the protagonist who in most times doesn't have that, besides the odd one like Xue Tengfei.

"But if absorb, wouldn't it send that type of message?" Feng Cai asked.

Elder Zeng waved his hand. "You do not have to worry about that. I am sure that she won't mind"

There is clearly something Elder Zeng isn't saying to him, but Feng Cai ignored it. The old man would never willingly put his life in danger. So surely it would go great and not end with a sword in his neck? Or at least he hoped so.

"That's all and great, but I think we are missing something," Feng Cai said, ready to bring out the most important matter of their little chat. "I find a little hard that a God-Kin would die in childbirth"

Elder Zeng frowned. Feng Cai was right, it was impossible for a God-Kin to die to something as simple as childbirth. Their bodies were simply too strong for that. "You don't have to worry about her mother. If she had made a move to get her back, then we would at leat know that the younger daughter of the Thunder Clouds Sect, Sect Master disappeared" 

With that aside, Elder Zeng dismissed himself, and Feng Cai went to sleep. After all, he wasn't like those cultivation freaks that could stay awake for thousands, if not millions, of years. But it took a little while for him to fall asleep. His thoughts went towards the Xue siblings' mother.

If the plotline went like those novels where the protagonist has a missing parent, then Xue Lihua, Xue Tengfei, or both of them would only reunite with their thought to be dead parent after they gained sufficient power and influence likely in the mid-stage of the novel. So, after a few hundred chapters at least.

Nodding his head, Feng Cai went to the land of dreams.

45