Chapter 15 – Miss Planner’s Day Off
442 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miss Planner always woke up early, even on her days off. It was very important to her that she got the most out of her time. After a quick shower, she changed into a comfortable pair of slacks and a gray button-up blouse. Then, after tying her hair back with a black ribbon, she ate a protein bar and went outside to enjoy a quick smoke.

The sky of Grandebelle was purple with smog, but the air was crisp. The sun had just started rising, and it felt great to be alive. She lit her first cigarette, inhaled deeply, and savored the sweet chemical taste of Nuke. As she smoked, a gust of wind blew a few stray strands of blonde hair in front of her face. She brushed them out of the way and relaxed in the warm morning sunlight. Then, she went back inside to get started on her chores.

"Good morning, Jessica!" she said cheerfully to the empty living room. "Today is going to be a great day!"

Miss Planner's apartment was small, but she didn't mind one bit. She was small too, so everything seemed like it was the perfect size. The apartment sported a bathroom, kitchen-living room hybrid, a washer and dryer set, and a bedroom, and none of the space was wasted. Miss Planner never cooked anything, so she used the kitchen space to keep the tools to maintain her psychic puppets. The living area served as her office, where she kept paperwork and did research. And, finally, the bedroom was where she slept.

Miss Planner had a strict cleaning schedule. She washed her sheets and bedding weekly because she was very sensitive to dust and dirt. She also vacuumed the carpets and made sure the blinds and all the surfaces were clean. Her tiny body was capable of moving quickly, so it didn't take long to get everything looking perfect.

After cleaning her apartment, Miss Planner took a moment to relax. She sat down on the couch and checked her favorite websites on her laptop. Recently, she'd become very interested in a web forum for psychics called Nukeboards. The site was full of people who wanted to learn about their powers, learn where to buy Nuke, talk with other psychics, or just gossip.

"Wow! This place has been getting more and more interesting every week!" whispered Miss Planner excitedly to herself as she browsed through the forums. She clicked on the link for the latest thread and read it carefully.

 

 

Welcome to Nukeboards, Puppetmaster. It is 10:04 AM. There are 3 unread threads. You have no new messages.

-----

Metamorphosis
by Soulmask

My power is called Metamorphosis. It lets me change my body into whatever form I desire. I've been slowly improving my psychic capacity and physical strength. The next step is creating a new body from scratch. I'm pretty excited about it.
When I'm reborn into my new body, what new name should I use? My psychic name is Soulmask, and I've been thinking about keeping it. My new name could be Soulmask Mark II or Soulmask II for short... Who else is /reborn/ here?

Comments (4):

Anonymous:
-->Imagine being stuck in the same body for your whole life
-->Imagine being fat and not being able to lose weight
-->Imagine peaking in physical strength as a teenager and slowly getting weaker for the rest of your life

Chosen Assassin:
Can you get reborn as a girl and come to my house and be my girlfriend? I'll give you all the Nuke you could possibly want.

Anonymous:
Why are suicide threads against the rules?

Anonymous:
The face when you will never be Mark II

-----

CHIHUAHUAS ARE THE SYMBOL OF NUKEBOARDS
by Anonymous

Chihuahuas are the best dogs ever. They are loyal and adorable. They are also the symbol of Nukeboards.

Comments (5):

Anonymous:
My apartment doesn't allow pets. Is there any way to keep my fluffy friend under my bed where he can live safely and undetected?

God of Death KNIFEGOD:
The Chihuahua is the symbol of the board. If you stick around, you'll learn that the Chihuahua brings good luck to Nukers. He's small but brave, just like us weak people struggling to survive in the Pit. I've been here for years and I've never seen a Nuker with a cat or a different type of dog. The Chihuahua is our totem. Without it, we would have been lost a long time ago.

Nuke King:
This is a chihuahua board.

NUKE Elite Dealer:
I have a pair of Dobermans trained to attack vermin on command. So far I have 2 chihuahuas killed. The Doberman is an excellent choice for an elite dealer.

Reply to NUKE Elite Dealer by Anonymous:
My Chihuahua killed 4 dobermans without breaking a sweat. I know he can kill your dobermans as well.

-----

White Organizations and Black Organizations
by Nuke Professor

Greetings, my fellow Nukanites. A common issue that crops up on the forums is that newbies don't know the difference between white and black organizations. It's actually very simple. White organizations are groups that promote unity between Nukers. They have official representatives and are easy to get in touch with if you need something from them. Black organizations are essentially just enormous gangs of violent maniacs who want to see the entire Nuker community dead.

Most Notable White Organization
The Chosen Ones
You probably know about these people already. The Chosen Ones are one of the oldest groups of Nukers. They are named so because according their philosophy, psychic people are 'Chosen' and are meant to rule over normal people like gods.
If you follow their regulations they are a reliable source of Nuke, but it's very easy to get in their bad books. They are also very unfair in who they choose to sell to. Just remember that the day of the Nuker Uprising is coming and ultimately we are going to take everything away from them.

Most Notable Black Organization
Black Gloves
The Black Gloves are assassins who kill Nukers with rare psychic items to steal from them. If you brag too much about something good you find, these fellows might pay you a visit. They will break into your house in the middle of the night and they typically kill their victims. If you're worried about these creeps coming after you, run away to live in a homeless camp and don't tell anyone where you are. Your life is more important than your dignity.

Comments (4):

Nuke King:
The gangs are good for the city, they sell and produce Nuke which we all need.

Chihuahua Maniac:
It's a fact that gang members are spiteful, cruel, and hate the world as much as they hate themselves. Anyone who's ever been around one can feel the pathetic chihuahua malice radiating off them like body odor.

Anonymous:
Both black and white are dangerous criminal gangs? I think the distinction is mostly pointless. I don't care, they never bother me so why bother them?

Reply to Anonymous by I'M TIRED OF BEING A LOSER:
You can sit on the sidelines for all I care, you pathetic sissy. I hope they rob you. You're a sitting duck. I hope you get stabbed... Maybe then you'll learn that if you don't defend yourself, you'll DIE!

 

The internet was a great source of information, and there was no shortage of people willing to share their knowledge and advice with others. Miss Planner loved seeing different perspectives, and the discussion threads on Nukeboards provided a lot of useful insight into what the people of Grandebelle were thinking. After she finished checking her websites, she put on her loafers and grabbed her purse. It was time for lunch.

Miss Planner loved the taste of steak, and she wasn't particularly picky about it. Whether the meat was rare, medium-rare, or well-done, she would eat it with a perfect smile on her tiny lips. The main thing that mattered to Miss Planner was getting a good value. Although she was well-compensated for her work as a general manager, it still pained her to pay more than necessary for anything.

The tiny blonde perfectionist was a regular at the 'Wandering Bull' steakhouse, and the staff there knew her by name. When she walked in, they greeted her warmly. She was an easy customer to please, and she made sure to show her appreciation with a tip every time she visited.

"Hello, Jessica. It's good to see you again today. How are you doing?"
"I'm doing just fine, thank you. I slept very well last night."
"It looks like it! Your hair is perfect, too. You look beautiful."
"Thank you, Charles. Could you get me a large rib eye with fries? And a large order of fried shrimp, please. With a beer.”

Maybe the least perfect thing about Miss Planner was her diet. She didn't have the willpower to resist temptation when it presented itself. To her credit, at least she took the time to enjoy every bite. It was a mystery to the world how she kept her perfect figure. Considering her poor diet, high-stress lifestyle, and smoking habit, Miss Planner’s future was very likely to include a heart attack, stroke, or early death.

10