Chapter 23 – The Grand Tour
328 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was time to give the Chosen Ones a show they would never forget.

In addition to seven Chosen executives from the distribution division and two from the production division, Miss Planner made sure that Elder Incarnate and his Spirit Hunters were invited to see the project. The strange and apelike Elder Drifter was also baited into coming by the promise of a day of fun in the sun.

"Our executives are going to be blown away when they see the changes we're going to make to the business," Maxwell said. "If we can just get a little more funding, I can guarantee you that we'll be turning over a profit within a year."

"Take it easy, Maxwell. Right now, just focus on making sure the executives have a fun experience today. You don't want them getting too worked up and blowing things out of proportion before you can get their full support. I'll make sure you get a chance to talk to everyone after the show," replied Miss Planner.

"Good plan!"

The higher-ups gathered together at the front gates. There were a little over a dozen of them, some dressed in expensive suits, others in sinister black robes. They looked out over the half-finished Spiritland, and their expressions of awe and delight changed to shock as they saw the scale of the project. Elder Incarnate smiled as he watched his followers enter the park. He was thrilled that Miss Planner invited him along for the tour.

"Welcome to Spiritland!" Maxwell said with pride. "It's not quite complete yet, but it will be very soon. Please, follow Miss Planner! She's going to be your guide today!"

Miss Planner led the Chosen Ones through the park, making sure to show them every attraction Max's team set up for them. She also gave them a sneak peek at a few of the rides that were still under construction. The executives were amazed by the scope of the project. Maxwell was very proud of the fact that he could do so much with such little money, but Miss Planner made sure not to dwell on the specifics of the finances.

"Oh, my heavens, look at this! This is amazing!" one of the executives exclaimed. "There's nothing like this anywhere else in the world!"
"That's because we used psychic materials to create it!" said Miss Planner with a polite smile. "We've done things no other theme park has ever accomplished. Isn't that right, Line?"
"Yes, Miss Planner. It really is unique. If we keep working hard, I'm confident Spiritland can be the best amusement park in the world!"
"Please, follow me, gentlemen. I'm going to show you the next ride! Oh, dear. Elder Drifter, don't get lost!"

The elite Chosen Ones were treated like royalty. Miss Planner made sure their slightest whims were taken care of, especially the mischievous Elder Drifter who kept wandering off into areas he wasn't supposed to go. The more Miss Planner bragged about Spiritland's attractions and facilities, the more excited the VIPs became. She had a natural talent for getting people riled up.

One of the attractions was a magic show. Maxwell created a character for one of the psychics on his staff to perform as, the 'Master of Illusion.' The performer used his powers to create impossible illusions that dazzled the Elders and their followers. Elder Drifter was so impressed that he started screeching like a maniac and stomping his feet. Even the usually reserved Elder Incarnate couldn't contain himself.

"What is this? What sort of trickery is this?!" Elder Incarnate shouted.
"My magic is real. Watch my next illusion and you'll be amazed!"

The show ended, and the executives were all cheering and laughing. Afterwards, they were treated to a new ride that was so fast and intense that the Elders nearly passed out, the Crystal Ball Drop. The executives who'd been too skeptical to give Maxwell a bigger budget were completely won over by the thrill of the experience.

No one could believe how fast the Spiritland construction crew was able to set up attractions. Everything from the construction of buildings to the installation of rides had happened much faster than the industry standard. The Elders, Spirit Hunters, and Chosen executives left the park with smiles on their faces.

"I'm going back to the Tower to spread the word about what we did here. I want to make sure everyone knows that Maxwell's team can do big things," said Miss Planner.
"Thank you for everything, Miss Planner! Spiritland will be a huge hit!" said Maxwell. "If we can replicate my team's success in the other divisions, the Chosen Ones are going to be unstoppable."

Miss Planner smiled as she headed to the exit. "I'll see you tomorrow at the meeting. We still need to get your new budget approved, don't we?"
"You bet we do. See you there!"

7