Chapter 69 – An Enjoyable Evening
183 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Pit Razors’ game made quite the gripping drama. The fiendish structure of incentives asked participants to work together just as much as it forced them to compete against each other, somehow arriving at a sublime balance between tragedy and triumph. If a team was too successful at killing its rivals, the others were to find a way to stop them. If a team wasn't cohesive enough or skilled enough to keep its weakest members safe, they had to work twice as hard to make it out alive. And if a team tried to avoid the fighting altogether, they would find themselves targeted by the event's organizers and forced into a hopeless predicament. The competition was intense and unpredictable, a ball of desperation and fury that left the survivors battered, exhausted, and changed forever.

The battle on the island was like the Pit’s endless criminal war in microcosm. Alliances were forged and broken, rivalries were settled, secrets were revealed, friendships were tested, and countless lives were brought to an end. The Razor Academy's final lesson was hateful, but the students who survived it learned to endure pain, to kill without mercy or hesitation, to trust one another with their very lives, and to find hope in the most despairing of situations.

The sweet Miss Planner detested violence, but she derived plenty of enjoyment from the event regardless. She could acknowledge without reservation that the Pit Razors had crafted something unique and exciting, a dark masterpiece of glorious brutality. Although she couldn't bear to watch many of the bloody battles, there were a few moments where her excitement reached its peak and she just couldn't help herself. The screams of the dying, the pleas of the helpless, and the cries of the humiliated echoed throughout the Razors’ Edge in a dreadful cacophony that sent shivers down her spine. Her fingers clutched her knees, not wanting to let go.

"Heheh... ahahahaha!" laughed the Knife Maniac. "Are you watching this, Miss Planner? The Shadow of Dawn just got all four of his teammates killed!"
"Indeed. He's going to have a tough time getting out of this one. The Vastness is hot on his trail."

The two powerful women were watching the proceedings from the comfort of the Knife Slave's opulent private room, much larger than Miss Planner's and located at the very top of the Razors’ Edge. It was a gorgeously furnished apartment with high ceilings and an ornate balcony overlooking the wide ocean. The room itself contained numerous items of luxury including a massive bed, velvet curtains, a large mirror, and a collection of designer handbags on a table near the window. The difference in treatment between the two representatives was clear. Although the Chosen Ones were the largest force in Grandebelle and boasted an enormous amount of purchasing power, the Knife Slaves made far more extensive use of the Pit Razors’ range of products and services.

The Knife Maniac herself was a slender and tall young lady with beautiful silver hair wearing a flowing white gown that concealed her movements, a perfect contrast for the golden-haired and tiny Miss Planner wearing a revealing black cocktail dress. They laid side by side in the Knife Maniac's bed sharing a black blanket between them, eating fried shrimp from a big greasy bucket, drinking cocktails, and enjoying the show. The lights were turned off and the air conditioning was turned up as high as possible, keeping the room pleasantly cool.

"Ahahaha... haaah... heehee. Just look at him, trying to get away," giggled the Knife Maniac. "They'll detect his aura regardless... that's twelve easy points for the Flower of Death."
"What would you do if you were in his shoes?"

"That's easy. I'd hide in the mud! Ahh, this is so... thrilling. I can hardly contain myself! I want to fight! I want to jump off this ship and swim over there right this instant!"
"I'm sure the Pit Razors would take you on as a student if you asked them politely. Hehehe."

"Hm. I don't really like being caged up, but I do love killing... it's a shame that I'm already the Knife Slaves’ number two woman. Did you know they don't send me out on missions anymore? I'm starting to get really bored... a little catfight like this would be the perfect thing to keep me sharp.

The silver-haired girl squirmed under the covers. She wasn't titled the Knife Maniac for nothing. Once she saw blood, she had a hard time stopping herself from hacking away at everything that moved. She grinned at the grisly sight of the Shadow of Dawn's body exploding into a shower of blood, licking shreds of meat and fried batter off her long fingers with glee. Miss Planner reached over with a polite smile and wiped the silver-haired woman's face clean with a plain white handkerchief, prompting the Knife Slave to give her a big hug.

"Miss Planner, you're so cute. You're like a little doll. Do you want to sleep here with me tonight?"
"Hehehe! Oh yes, please! How could I refuse such lovely company?" replied Miss Planner, snuggling close to her host.

Miss Planner was quite fond of the Knife Maniac. The woman had a wonderful laugh, and her good mood made the luxury cruise, which was already quite enjoyable, even better. She definitely had a savage side to her, but so did most of the people Miss Planner interacted with on a daily basis. The budding friendship between the two young women was one of those rare, sweet things that happen far too rarely in life.

"I'm going to send Anders a message to bring us more shrimp," said Miss Planner, stretching lazily. "Do you want anything?"
"Yeah. Tell him I want some champagne. And some chocolate cake. Mmm. I'm craving something sweet."

4