Chapter 118 – Master and Disciple
155 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"AAAAAAGHH! IT HURTS!"
"Yes, yes... it does... it hurts... ahahahaha! But when this is over, you will become my true disciple. My loyal servant! Now, concentrate your power! More!"

"NO! MASTER! STOP!"
"Hahahaha, more, Nuke Hunter! Give it everything you have!"

The contract killer Ghost Knife was lured into a trap by a hermit who lived in in a filthy, decrepit ruin of a house. The building was far beneath Grandebelle proper. Indeed, it was contained within a hidden network of underground basements and tunnels called the Grandebelle Underground.

While searching the vast underground complex for Nuke and psychic materials, Ghost Knife was drawn in by a strange aura and found himself face-to-face with an old, twisted, evil man known only as the Sealed Jar Master. He was hypnotized and forced to accept part of the old man's soul inside his body, becoming his disciple.

"You see? This power is called 'Suppress.' You will use it to hide your true strength from those Chosen fools! They must never discover your true power! You will seal it away! Just as I sealed mine away... ahahaha... hahahaha!"
"Yes... yes, master... nngghhh!"

The Sealed Jar Master laughed maniacally as Ghost Knife screamed and twisted in pain.

"It feels good doesn't it, Nuke Hunter? My soul will guide you along your true path. In time, you will help me reestablish the Way of the Sealed Jar! The Chosen Ones thought they destroyed our Way. We shall show them otherwise! Ha, ha, ha, hahhhh! Let us work together to bring about the future that is rightfully ours! Soon we will rule over the Pit once again..."

The old hermit stopped laughing and stared intently at Ghost Knife's tormented form. Then he knelt down and caressed a glass vase, lovingly stroking it. The vase, too, had a voice, and it, too, was screaming.

"NOOOO! STOP IT! STOP TOUCHING ME!"

"My disciple, this sacred treasure contains the spirit of a being from a different world. It is a mystical being that possesses vast spiritual powers. It will help guide you, too... hmhm."

Ghost Knife tried desperately to resist his new master. He struggled and fought, but he couldn't fight off the Sealed Jar Master's control. The white-haired old man smiled wickedly as he put the vase on the table beside him. He knelt next to his disciple and whispered in his ear.

"If you serve me well then perhaps one day, I might grant your wish and transform you into a powerful spirit just like the one contained within this vase..."

The old man reached over and gently stroked Ghost Knife's head with his bony fingers.

"...but if you fail me, you and everyone you care for will suffer greatly. Now show me... who do you care for?"

The Sealed Jar Master gently placed his palm on Ghost Knife's forehead and released a wave of psychic energy. 

'Invade Mind.'

The young man's mind was assaulted with strange images and sounds. He saw the only two people he loved in the entire world suffering in horrible ways. He saw their faces, heard their voices, smelled the scent of their hair. He felt their pain and fear. Their bodies were torn apart and eaten. Their blood splattered all around them.

The Sealed Jar Master smiled as he watched his disciple writhe in agony, unable to escape his control. The savage images continued for what felt like an eternity and the helpless young man cried out in despair. There was no hope, no escape... nothing but endless torment...

Finally, the Sealed Jar Master withdrew his hand from Ghost Knife's skull in triumph. His disciple slumped forward in exhaustion.

"Ah..."
"You see? This is what happens to anyone foolish enough to defy me... or disobey me..."

The Sealed Jar Master looked down on his subjugated student and chuckled happily. Ghost Knife didn't respond; he merely lay on the floor in silence and whimpered softly. Finally, after a long while, Ghost Knife finally spoke up in a weak voice.

"Master..."
"Yes?"

"I'm sorry... please forgive me..."
"Forgive you?"

"I killed your servant... and I tried to disobey you... please don't punish me any longer."
"Hmhmhm..."

Ghost spoke quietly, almost inaudibly. His eyes were closed and he was curled tightly in a ball. He was shaking violently. He was terrified. The Sealed Jar Master chuckled in amusement as he patted him lightly on the back.

"I'm glad that you understand what you did. But I forgive you, because I know how much your heart aches for your loved ones.... and because you are my disciple. I will guide you, protect you, and strengthen you. Oh... you will be very strong, my dear disciple..."

The Sealed Jar Master leaned closer to Ghost Knife. He ran his hands tenderly across his face, running his fingertips through the young man's stringy black hair. Ghost Knife instinctively flinched and pulled back from the touch.

"What's wrong with you?! Don't be afraid of me!" he said angrily. "I am your master now! Show me respect!"

The old man suddenly grabbed hold of Ghost Knife's hair and yanked his head back hard. Ghost Knife gasped as a sharp pain shot through his scalp. He tried to pull away, but the old man held fast, forcing him to look into his eyes. He gazed deeply into the terrified eyes of his new apprentice before speaking to him in a soft murmur.

"Do I frighten you so much?"

Ghost Knife shook his head furiously.
"No!" he said quickly. "I'm not afraid, master!"

"Good," said the Sealed Jar Master as he let go of Ghost's hair. "Remember that you must show me the proper reverence as your teacher. You must obey me in everything. No matter how small the task may seem to you, it is my command, my order. Do you understand?"
"Yes, master! As you say!"

"Your first task is simple. Just as I told you earlier... you will join the Chosen Ones. You will infiltrate their ranks. For this, you may take as much time as you need... but I hope that you will do it quickly. I wish to unleash my full force upon those fools soon!"
"Yes!"

"You will return here in two weeks with as much food, water, and Nuke as you can carry. At that time, I will give you your next lesson."
"Yes..."

"Now leave me, for I have other matters to attend to... take the vase with you, for you will need it in your mission. Make sure you protect it well. If it falls into the possession of those Chosen fools, it could mean great trouble for us both."

Ghost Knife nodded solemnly as he took the vase in his trembling hands. He turned and left the room without another word, leaving behind a defeated old man huddled in a dark corner of a room filled with piles of garbage, filth, and rotting meat.

1