Chapter 122 – Spirit Life Day
119 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I still don't feel great, but, I've got to get to the Tower. I can't miss the party... there's a special guest waiting for me. Let's see... can't wear anything too formal..."

Miss Planner was talking to herself as she got ready. Her long blonde hair was a mess. She couldn't seem to concentrate. She was feeling light-headed, and her voice sounded funny. She slept in late, took forever in the shower, and ate lunch at the kitchen counter while watching cartoons.

She was a mess. And her outfit for the party tonight...

"Stupid buttons..."

She couldn't quite manage to get her blouse on.

"You know what? I was way overdressed last year... this time I'm not going to put any effort in at all."

She picked out a white short-sleeved shirt with a goofy catchphrase on it and black athletic pants that hugged her tiny hips perfectly. When she wasn't dressed in a fancy business suit she looked more like a skinny little girl than ever.

"It's not that I'm sick, it's just... my legs are really weak today. It's weird... they're almost like a doll's legs, you know? At least I can still walk... barely. I might be a little late, but that's alright... it's all just for fun anyway, right?"

As debilitated as she was, Miss Planner loved office parties and she wanted to have fun tonight no matter what. She was the sort of girl who always gave 110%. Even if her life had become one giant exercise in futility, she never let herself lose hope that things would work out somehow. No amount of suffering or self-doubt would stop Miss Planner from moving forward and achieving anything she put her mind to. She always wanted to show the rest of the Chosen Ones an amazing attitude and a cheerful smile. So, with an extra-big dose of positive energy, Miss Planner steeled herself and marched to the Tower of the Chosen at a slow but steady pace, her little legs wobbled slightly as she went.

The Tower was decorated with gold and white banners fluttering in the cold night breeze. The lobby was packed full of employees from the various divisions milling about and talking excitedly. Music was blasting. Everyone was having a good time, smiling and laughing with friends and strangers alike. It was a rare day where everyone involved in the Chosen Ones' criminal empire could leave their work behind, mingle together as equals, let loose a little and be themselves without fear of judgment.

The management went all-out with this year's party, treating everyone to an open bar, lavish snacks, live entertainment, a photo booth, and a slew of games and raffles with prizes ranging from a high-end electronics to free drinks at some trendy club downtown. While some grumbled at the extravagance, there was no doubt that the party brought out a feeling of communal goodwill that the white organization desperately needed after their recent misfortunes. Spirit Life Day was a special day, a celebration of life and and a time for people to remember the good they'd done and hope they could do more in the future.

A tall woman in a gorgeous white dress stood from in the crowd, chatting and smiling. Her silver hair fell in waves around her shoulders, her red eyes sparkled, and her skin glowed. Accompanied by her entourage of beautiful women with scarred faces, the Knife Maniac swept past people like a gale wind.

"Where's Miss Planner? Do you think I should give her a call?"
"I'm sure she's somewhere around here somewhere, ma'am."

"This is fun and all, but I've really been looking forward to seeing her... I feel like I'm going to forget everything I wanted to talk to her about if I can't find her soon..."
"Short blonde woman, looks like a little girl... there she is, ma'am! There!"

Miss Planner was sitting alone at a table in the middle of the Tower lobby. It was no wonder the Knife Maniac didn't recognize her at first glance. She lacked her usual dignified presence, instead slumping awkwardly in her seat. Her hair was unkempt and she wasn't wearing any make-up. To make matters worse, she was wearing a stained white T-shirt that said 'I Love My Grandma' on it. She looked almost comically out of place amidst the sea of office workers and acolytes in black robes. She was struggling to lift a chocolate-covered pretzel to her mouth, getting brown goo everywhere.

"Miss Planner!"

The Knife Maniac rushed right over with a big smile on her face. The tiny blonde woman at the table raised a trembling hand.
"Hey... it's good to see you..."

Her voice was hoarse, as if someone else were talking through her. Her gaze wandered in all different directions and her face was bright pink with a mix of embarrassment, excitement, and fatigue. It was obvious that something had put Miss Planner into a pretty bad state.

"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine... just really tired... thanks for coming. Do you want to go somewhere a little more private? I've got a lot to talk to you about..."

Miss Planner stood, but wobbled on her unsteady legs and reached out to catch the table with her hands to hold herself up. The Knife Maniac grabbed her from behind and gave her a big hug. She was so cute. So tiny.

"You look sick. Are you sure you're all right?"

The Knife Maniac held Miss Planner tightly, whispering softly, stroking her hair, caressing her back gently. Miss Planner shivered in pleasure.

"I don't feel too good..."
"I can tell. Here. Just sit right here. I'll feed you, okay?"
"Okay..."

2