Chapter 4: The Coronation Calls
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yowa jolted upright from laying down from being sound asleep and was feeling incredibly aware of himself with that notion. It was a cold black outside night and the moon shone threw his window as equally as it did the sun earlier. The last twenty four hours had been all too much for him in a span of his ability to keep up with what went on. He nearly died, he was a Demon King and now he wasn't even a human, which really pissed him off. All he wanted to live a regular life without hassle or care of those around him. Sure it was selfish of him, but at the same time he didn't really care. He was a typical guy in all means of the word. He had a set routine and a set time for everything he ever did. In what world did anyone expect more from him?

He looked down at his hands as they laid in his lap and sighed deeply. What was he suppose to do? Just accept the facts and get on with it? This was serious matters and ones he never could have imagined to be thrust upon him in such a ridiculous matter that it hurt not only mentally but emotionally too.

“I'd be better off dead at this point.” He mumbled to no one but himself. “I'm not cut out for this bullshit.” The whole angst mood was quickly removed however when Kei flicked on the lights and nearly blinded Yowa from the change of dark to light.

“Now with that attitude you're going to be hate as a person, more or less thought of as a weak excuse for a being! You need to grow up Yowa! You may be thirty something but you sure don't act like it! And I'm younger than you daddy!” Yowa had shoved a pillow into his face and really wished it would suffocate him, though he was fairly sure he wouldn't die over something as little as the attempted stunt. “You need to get ready. If you don't recall before that whole 'incident' back then, you're going to need to be ready to accept your role as Demon King.”

“Ugh.” He groaned into the pillow and threw it at her just as quickly. He creaked open an eye and had a hard time seeing clearly. “You're a real pain in the ass, kid. Just let me stew about my failure as a character worth reading about.”

“Oh you, there you go saying such silly things.” It also reoccurred to him just how viciously fast that Kei could change her attitude towards him. Even though she had somehow managed to recreate his apartment from smoldering ash, he was doubtful he'd survive if he pushed her too hard. Then again, maybe he wasn't able to die period. More pain than we wanted anyways. “It's nothing fancy you know. Even Matilda will be there!”

“That Remnant ghost you mean. That's her name I assume the one from earlier?”

“Just the one. She's shy though so she may not show herself to you yet.” The little girl made a twisting motion with her hair's ends and seemed amused at how flustered he was. “You're not very nice you know. That and you look like a pretty generic guy out of some kind of poorly photo-shopped attempt at putting a face on a even uglier guy.” A slight vain popped at the side of his head at that detail and instead of reacting, simply turned his head away from her to make a face of pure irritation.

“Whatever, tell me about this new shit it is thing you're dragging me into. I'm just about had it with surprises, just tell me what you know already.” With a annoyed snort he undid himself from his bed and stood up. Everything looked rather human to him, even though what the ghost had said confused him greatly. If he recalled correctly, she had said it would take time to 'regrow' a human skin, yet here he was able to return to his normal self shortly after the ghost, Matilda now that she had a name, said he couldn't go out for some time. Was she just pulling his leg or something?

“I'd have one recommendation however.” Kei said as she got up on the counter of his diminutive kitchen. “Don't touch any humans you may encounter from here on. As if you do, they'll be able to see them.” Disdainfully Yowa gave a hard glare and curiosity got the better of him.

“See what exactly?”

“Your horns of course, did you forget they're on your head or something already?” Stunned he reached up and sure enough, they were there. They seemed to poke through his bangs on his forehead. They felt rather small like smooth bumps if nothing else. “They're just fledglings though. As your power grows, your horns reflect your strength.”

“Fucking fantastic they'll get bigger then. Can't I just cut them off or something?” Kei gave a dumb look at him like he had said something incredibly stupid.

“You can't. You'll bleed everywhere and they'll just grow back anyways. Besides didn't I say if any human that has physical contact with you they'll see them? So no regular human can see them as it is.” He ran his hands over the fleshy knobs and they pulsated slightly in reaction to the stimulation. It made him jump slightly in shock. “God damn this is just not my day.”

“Now like I said we need to get going. You're not telling me you'll go looking like that though are you?” She seemed to needle his choice of clothing and he gritted his teeth.

“I am NOT going to have any further part in this matter.”

“Aw, well, then I'll just have to undress you myself. Unless you prefer being naked? Is that something people have a interest for?”

“AND GET OFF THE COUNTER. That is totally unsanitary, I don't want your butt juice smeared all over my clean counter!”

“Butt...juice. Well okay, you promise to go then?” She said without a hint of malice.

“Fine just get off already. I eat off there.” Kei hopped down and seemed to skip wit ha bounce of joy in her step. Yowa untied himself from the bed and stretched, his spine crackling like a zipper as he did so. “I really don't have any funds for going somewhere looking nice per say, kid. What do you plan on doing exactly? And no you can't strip me naked, enough with the lewd jokes already damn it.”

She seemed to yet again find this funny as she raised a hand and snapped her little fingers. Black smoke puffed out from around him in a cloud of smog and he hacked and coughed as he was blinded by the sudden onset of cloudy like steam around him. “There, all done! Demons don't need clothing silly! We simply ware what we portray ourselves in our subconsciousness.” Low behold he was in gray dress slacks and a bland t-shirt like a manager would don in a store setting. “Though er, you think of yourself as pretty lame it seems.”

“Yeah well, I didn't exactly have much of a care how anyone thought I looked save for looking like I was part of the team.” He brushed off his shoulders and huffed in exasperation.

“Part of the team? So I should dress like you too!” Another puff of pink cloudy smoke and she wore a matching outfit like his, save for the fact she still wore a tutu but was now gray with smiley faces and a typical short tee polo colored black. “It's not really my style, but I'll manage I guess.”

“Whatever floats your damn boat kid. Just stop with the magical girl bull.”

“So let me see then, I'll make a portal and we just go to the coronation now! It won't be big or anything, so don't you worry that little horned head of yours.” Yowa didn't know how to take that comment as it was equally absurd as it was offensive.

“Let's just go already.”

0