Chapter 6: Devoured
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Don't just be sitting there like a dumb duck, Yowa! MOVE!” By some means of instantaneous means of reaction, Yowa tossed himself aside as another electric bolt of lightning had tried to skewer him. “Damn it, that fool dare to think such cheap tricks will kill my daddy?!” She leaped incredibly high in the air as she aimed for the man trying to intentionally aim at Yowa.

“Wait don't just charge in! He's not a normal human!” He heard it before he really registered that Matilda was actually there by his side. She seemed to be trying to defend him in some fashion but how he wasn't sure, she was just a ghost.

“Will you just hold on for a second, what's going on and who the hell are they?!” Yowa didn't mean to scream at her but it came out as a crackleling distortion of his own voice. It took him by surprise but before he could really consider what it meant, Kei went flying past him just barely colliding with Yowa into the seats behind him. Her landing made a giant shock-wave that rumbled through out the arena.

“Demons, always thinking they can do as they please. Disgusting beasts with even more abhorrent taste for silly stunts in battle.” The man speaking was in a heavily armored case of polished steel and chain mail yet seemed unphased in the least by the fact the little girl he just nearly killed was thrown off into the distance. “Make sure none of them survive and bring that shell of a human to me. I'll kill it personally.” The four other figures seemed to fly off into the stands and began without hesitation to butchering the onlooking fleeing demons. Matilda knelt down to Yowa and looked him over.

“Good, you're not hurt. She has good wits about her that girl. Listen, you need to get out of here. If you don't that man will make sure you die painfully and slowly.” Yowa looked at her and oddly enough she had become much more opaque, though she was still entirely gray toned. She floated as she postured and her knees didn't touch the ground in the least. Her long locks of white hair floated gently behind her and on her shoulders as she said all of this.

“He hurt Kei! Is she alright?” He pleaded in a unusual tone of glowering menace. The man in the suit of armor seemed planted to the spot when one of the other attackers landed in front of Yowa and held a absurdly large axe that was adorned with what he could hazard a guess was prayer beads and gold plating on the neck of the weapon.

“She'll be fine. Worry about yourself!” Totally unsure of what she could do against a hulking weapon, Matilda glared back at the robed warrior. He couldn't see their face but could feel the aura of death around them like hot flames. Though nothing like what Kei had burned him with, this was painfully stinging and infused with pure malice. “You call yourself righteous slaughtering those who have no interest in hurting your kind. You're the one who're the monsters!” Her alabaster hair became wild and mimicked something like that of a blizzard's whiteout. “Forgive me Yowa, I'll need to borrow some power for a moment.”

“Wha-” She reached back and dug her hand into his chest with ease. As she had no solid body it slid through him without resistance. What looked like ink trailed up her arm and formed a massive spear tipped with silver bells as she held it to her side after pulling it out of him. “Holy shit where did that come from?” He said in shock.

“Your former and me had made a contract if you must know. Now's not the time for that however, get back.” She swirled the spear several times without flicking a wrist and aimed the easily seven foot weapon at the other person. “Leave this one to me.”

“Yowa! Come with me!” Kei had gotten off with a slight scratch on her cheek that shone with a black liquid seeping down it. She hopped down from the massive impacted area she was thrown and took his hand. “If you get hit by that thing your wounds won't be able to heal as quickly as normal, those are holy weapons and magic they're using!” Yowa looked back at Matilda and she and the other assailant were clashing with incredibly quick speed and relentlessness ruthlessness. “Matilda knows what she's doing we have to get away!” Before anything else could be said, a familiar looking demon knocked one of the attackers into the ground with cruel strength. The robed human didn't move from the spot as the recognizable demon softly landed on the chest of the downed beckoned them over with a long spider like jointed finger.

Kei hesitated but a slight flicker of annoyance burned within Yowa as they approached him. It was the same demon who had tried to intimidate him in the hall of the run down church. Why she was going to him was not understandable but she must've had a reason. It was too dangerous to sit and watch anyways from where he was, not like he wanted too, his legs simply kept giving out.

“Like a baby learning to crawl.” The demon said with a feminine loll. “Before we proceed allow me to make this very clear. I will kill you. I will have your body as mine too. Though no one will kill you except for me and by me understand?”

“What the hell?” Was all Yowa could manage to say as a streak of blinding light jolted towards them. The demon merely turned his eyes to the side and it warped around him like some kind of snake trying to swallow its prey. The stream shorted out after a moment and the air around them sizzled with discontent. “Who...who are you?” He looked slightly offended but shrugged and made a twirling motion with a elegant motion at the nearby attacker that shot the bolt off, of his black nail tipped hand. A massive explosion of black energy blasted from a magic circle he had conjured in the simple twitch of the hand and it seemed to make the other person's entire body explode on impact.

“I am Lambert. The rightful owner of the throne and prince of our former majesty King Baru. If you want to live you had best listen to what I need Yowa to do.” His dark empty eye sockets couldn't be any more devoid of expression as it was, but Yowa could feel Lambert looking at him regardless without eyes. “There are five of them if you have been paying attention. Well, three now. To make them back off we need to kill their leader whom,” Yowa followed the trailing of a extended arm and index pointing finger at the man in the absurdly shiny armor, “you will need to kill to make the others lose their will to fight. The Hand of God is a obnoxious party crasher if I do say so myself.”

“And just would you have us do?” Kei asked with obvious distrust. “You're obviously able to handle them on your own.”

“Me? No, no, and no. I want to see our dear King is capable of. If he dies I'll get what I want in any which way, so really it's not his option to say no. You'll die without my help.”

“You're a sick fuck Lambert.” Was what came out of Yowa with a rasp.

“Hmhmhmhm yes I suppose I am, how honored I am to feel acknowledged. Now, time to make that little man over there your dinner.” They both seemed to look at him like he said the most stupid comment in their stunned state. “Oh come now Yowa. You're going to have to devour the meat sack. How do you plan on killing him otherwise hmm?”

“I'm NOT and how they hell would I? I'm not like you in any way.” Yowa yelled back. Lambert leaned over slightly and made small giggle.

“Who said you had a choice in the first place my dearly beloved Demon King?” Lambert stood erect and without warning grabbed at he inside sides of Yowa's mouth with both hands, widening it until it couldn't open any more. Yowa could only make a strangled sound of confusion and anger. “Time to wake up in there.” Lambert then put his own mouth to Yowa's and gave him a kiss with his own tongue from within. A black fluid then dripped down Yowa's chin as he gasped and gurgled on a liquid that Lambert that was being forcing down his throat .

“What the hell are you doing!?” Kei shrieked in horror. Lambert then unlocked his mouth from Yowa's own and Yowa fell backwards from the pure disgust and trembling panic. He coughed and sputtered and made choking sounds as he started to heave with uncontrollable nausea. Kei rushed over to him and started patting him on the back as black dripped from his mouth in long strands of saliva.

“You see, the power that our little Yowa owns now, is rather unlike a normal demons. He must be given demonic blood in order to activate his rather unique ability. I merely made it so he can now use his power freely. Part of the Demon King's unique lineage if I recall correctly.”

“Did you have to do that to him? You could've done that any other way!”

“Could I of? Parish the thought, he's perfectly fine.” The fluid, which was now confirmed demon blood, trickled down Lambert's lips and he licked them clean with his pointed tongue, revealing a similar pentagram like the one on Yowa's. “Part of the familiar and all, so charming.”

“WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!” Yowa coughed and sputtered as his body felt horribly wrong as he made every breath. “Warn a guy when you're gonna do shit like that, fucking gross!” He continued to gag as Kei tried to comfort him. “What did you do...to me, I'm fucking burning up from the inside!”

“Simple my little king. By giving my blood to the the Demon Tongue you so shamelessly own, it awakens what is latent in you: the Demon King's own power. You may want to stay back little girl. Things are about to get interesting.” Kei gave a dumbstruck look of disbelief as Yowa grabbed at his throat as he seemed to be strangled by an invisible force. He squeezed his eyes shut and felt his body temperature sky rocket to the point he actually started to begin steaming visibly.

“Oh no. You FOOL!” Kei couldn't touch him he was so hot and with a sudden combustion of flame, fire erupted all around and from his body. “He'll devour everyone!” Yowa started screaming as he stood up and grabbed at his neck. “Hang in there! Damn, damn, DAMN IT!” Lambert merely made a crooked smile and then flung the fire engulfed form of Yowa with force magic at the man in the middle of the field.

“Time to eat my darling King.”

“What in the heavens is that?” Was what the man said as a fireball of smoke and ash landed with a massive impact in front of him, causing the ground to shatter upon landing. Burning flesh and hair and bone reeked from the flames and all he could really make out was barely a human figure of some kind. “Demons killing their own for sport, such brutes.” All Yowa could feel was a numbing cold pain that pierced every fiber of his whole being.

He had smoke in his lungs, his body was alight and he could feel himself being eaten alive by the flames themselves. Yet something else began to happen as the fire began to dissipate and recede into his mouth. The fire was being swallowed by himself he realized and clenched his raw hands and he began to slowly and steadily get to his hands and knees. His whole body was charred black with bits and pieces of his skin falling off like lava like slabs. Yowa then found he was standing albeit unsteadily but couldn't quite raise his head to look at the holy man.

“Poor soul. Can't even die. Allow me to fix that for you.” He unsheathed a long sword easily the length of the man's arms and a hilt that flashed with holy hues of unnameable and otherworldly brandished colors. He made to thrust it into Yowa;s body when Yowa himself was surprised by his own next action. With a sickeningly pitch black burnt hand he grabbed the tip of sword that was meant to pierce him and it nearly fell off in a chunk of metal as he tightened his grip.

“No.” He said in a weak voice. “You. Will. Not. Kill. ME!” He then proceeded to yank at the rest of the sword in the man's moment of disbelief and the sword was sucked into Yowa's still flickering red and burned body. The metal seemed to help cool him down for the most part as he felt like he could breathe at least a little bit anyways.

“What in god's name are you? You ate my sword of judgment! You MONSTER!” Yowa then experienced a rather unpleasant bloating of his body to the point he just barely registered the fact his whole body twisted into a shape of inhuman proportions. He could see just fine by the sudden change of his height made him rather panicked. He stared down at the now little human and realized he had way too many legs and way too much length in his whole body, as he could see down his...whatever it was it looked like some kind of solid sheet of metal with dents in it like a centipede's underbelly.

“Stop....please....stop....” He groaned as his body continued to contort and stretch like silly putty. The charred skin fell off completely revealing shiny white scales and many, many eyes that popped open and started swiveling around in every direction, “nghh....” Yowa was dizzy with the visual information his brain was trying to process. It felt like a panoramic picture as he tried to focus on what was below him.

“Lord in heaven,” the man fell to his knees and began praying in a desperate attempt of some kind to appease Yowa. “I walk in the valley of the shadow...”

“Run....away....please....” He then felt a horrible sensation like his face split open and rows upon rows of small dagger like teeth appeared from a triangular maw as his mouth rotated as if on an axle, his tongue lashing around like some kind of sick imitation of a snake coming out of a basket for the song of a flute. He could see this from every angle and flinched, what the hell was he doing? Was that him doing it? Just what in gods name happened to his body?

Long strands of spit fell on top of the begging man which began to steam as it heated up the metal and without much more of any kind of hesitation, Yowa jammed his massive maw to the ground and swallowed him whole as he raised his head back up. It was a achingly horrible sound as the man's screams echoed outside of his monstrously huge body being melted down into nutrients.

“That is the power of the Demon King at its finest my little girl.”

0