Chapter 10: Back to What!!??
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Springing straight up like a rocking chair gone haywire, Yowa gasped as the towel on his head slipped off and momentarily blinded him. All of his extremities seethed with a unnatural freezing sensation and he had to take a moment to catch his breath as he nearly had screamed when he awoke. It had remembered what had happened to him when he had his head blown up by that scrawny demon. He grabbed at his head to reconfirm it was there and felt silly while doing it, but also felt slightly reassured by its solid presence at the same time.

He then noticed a slight snoring sound that was soft and as rather nasally as it was. Looking to the side of the bed that wasn't against his wall, he saw Kei sleeping there like a sound asleep kitten, curled up in a little ball. She seemed to have yet to change her clothing either, which concerned Yowa as he wasn't entirely sure just how long as to when he was out. The last thing he knew he was...well, 'it' was him that ate someone. It was a vague memory but he could still feel like someone was squirming around in his stomach for some reason, as disturbing as it was, a thought occurred to him.

He had grasped his stomach and felt an unusual cold and yet smooth texture from the tips of his fingers. Yowa looked with a confused stare at his hands and noticed that they seemed to be tipped in some kind of silver substance. Not like his nails were painted, more like tipped with a sharp pointed metal of some kind, over his actual nails. It was thin and pliable but also quite stubborn to try and remove as he picked at the coverings. They refused to come off much to his dismay and then flexed his hand instead.

“What is happening to my body?” He said aloud. It seemed he wasn't alone as Matilda came through the bedroom door at that very instant. He hid his hands under the sheets in a startled matter and made a thin lipped scowl. “I know you're a ghost but seriously. Showing up like you own the place is just annoying as shit.”

“Well if that's how you talk to someone who saved your stupid hide then fine, I won't tell you.” She said this with a rather mild sting in her tone. “You're quite ungrateful for those that actually care if you die or not.”

“Fine, FINE. What is it?” He said with disdain dripping from his words.

“You're going back to school silly.” At first he didn't quite process what had been said as Kei sat up with a flushed face as she rubbed at her groggy eyes. “A school of demon's that hunt bad demons, called Tsumi o taberu hito Battle Academy in fact. Quite prestigious if you ask me.”

“Again the talking of absurd things you're going to have me to do. I'm starting just get too used to this and it's not okay in any way I know of.” Though he didn't like the idea of going back to 'school' or the fact it had 'battle' in its name. “Great, more plot device that makes no sense.”

“First of all, it's required for any Demon King to attend. Regardless if you want to or not, you won't be recognized as the official title of your situation until you do. Besides, you don't even know how to fight!” Matilda seemed a little steamed about this, though why he wasn't even going to bother guessing. “The only problem....well. It's not for adults per-say. The adults do the teaching but you...hmm.” Yowa gave a glare if this was about his age.

“Yeah so what. I'm still not going. I'd be the ass clown of the whole school. An adult going to high-school again is out of the question.” He stretched and felt his spine creak, reminding him of his age.

“Well...Kei, can't you convince him somehow, would you please?” She rubbed the back of her messy hair and Kei then stood up and gave a half awake attention to Yowa who still sat on the bed with no shirt on.

“I could I guess? He might not like it though.” She shrugged indifferently and crawled up onto the bed in a humorous fashion due to her short height. The difference between how far she could reach and the length she had to go to reach the top of the mattress made Yowa slightly turn red. “You're too old for school right?” She seemed to be going somewhere with this comment as she planted her feet between him and his face. “Yup way too old.”

“Will you knock it off, what do you expect of me kid? I'm not going and that's final. There is nothing that you can do to change my mind and-” Kei dug into her tutu's side and Yowa automatically flinched, 'NO. Stop it! I do not want to see anything that involves ANYTHING weird.”

“This will do!” She seemed to have somehow pulled out something that looked like a small bouncy ball, not bigger than a piece of gum. It was round and seemed to having something swirling inside of some kind of mysterious liquid. “Remember when I was able to make myself older? I used this little guy. It's a demon that eats 'age', reducing or raising the person's age who consumes it to a teen 'form'. I can use its magic without it though, so I'd think you'd have better use for it than me!”

“You're telling me this stupid looking thing can make me young? That's just stupid, I'm fine the way I am.” He smacked away her hand and she gave a menacing snort of disapproval.

“Humans always want to be young! Isn't that why humans want to be immortal in the first place?” She said this all with a accuse sense of accuracy in her mind.

“Maybe, but not me. So no.”

“You're going regardless if you like it or not Yowa. That's final.” Matilda grabbed the ink colored orb in her hand, which surprised Yowa but not before she used her fist to jam it into the inside of his throat. “Now swallow.”

“Aggh!” He choked on it and made strangled sounds as she released her grip and slipped her ghostly hand out of his neck. There was a near instant change in his appearance as his hair turned from a boring shade of brownish gray to a golden amber color. His body also began to regress as he hacked on the pill as it made its way down his windpipe. “Oh god!” His eyes bulged slightly as he could feel everything from his bones to his muscles reconstructing themselves to his youthful fifteen year old self. His hands also took a change as they became soft and missing of burns and calluses from over the years of baking.

It had happened as quickly as it ended and before he even knew it, he was a teenager again. He still coughed a little, his voice no longer raspy from use over the years. He shook his head slightly and blinked several times as his eye sight had gotten exceptionally clearer and bright.

“WHA-” He startled himself with his young sounding voice as it came through his lips. “Oh my god OH MY GOD NO. TURN ME BACK! I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE THIS.” Matilda and Kei seemed rather preoccupied for some reason as they apparently were looking at him in a new light. “Don't even look like that at me!”

“Damn.” Matilda said with stars in her eyes she really wanted to pull at his youthful cheeks and see how springy they were from before. “You're kidding me? You looked like this as a teenager?”

“Stop staring at him, he's my daddy! He can only have eyes for me!” The two girls seemed to have a line of fire set on one another's sights and he could literally feel the tension in the air crackle with static. The very thought of Kei saying 'only have eyes for me' sent deep revolting feelings through his whole body and buried his face in his soft palms, which took him by surprise. All those years of hard work and for what? To be a damn pubescent child again because he had to go to school for being a Demon King in training....great.

1