Chapter 51 – Sports Festival 2
2.2k 19 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st POV

The atmosphere in the stadium was full of energy. The spectators can’t hold their excitement and screamed words of encouragement to the students that participate in the sports festival.

But, all of them were not enough. Present Mic, the MC of the sports festival took their excitement to a different level as he shouted.

“THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL!! WHERE THE HERO WORLD LITTLE EGG AIM FOR EACH OTHER’S THROAT!!! OUR YEARLY GRAND MELEE!!”

Present Mic shout make the audience more excited as they screamed out from their lung. I, who walked towards the center of the stadium was a bit overwhelmed by his shout.

“AND LET ME GUESS!! ALL OF YOU CAME TO SEE THEM RIGHT?!! THE FRESHLY FORMED MIRACLE STARS THAT SHRUGGED OFF A VILLAIN ASSAULT!!”

Shout keep coming from all directions, making my classmates nervous. I glanced behind and saw some of them quivering under the spectator's eyes. But, I saw some of them still held their head high and smiled.

“THE DEPARTMENTS OF HEROICS!! FRESHMAN CLASS!!”

As Present Mic shouted our class introduction, the one that quivered suddenly stopped and raised their head. They realize that they were here to show the world that they were ready to be a hero.

“YOU’RE HERE FOR CLASS 1A RIGHT?!!”

The spectators shout filling the stadium as Present Mic said that. Praise, word of encouragement, and all kind of shouts were directed to our class.

“Aah~ Present Mic really loves to hype the tension right?” I said without looking back at my classmates.

“Who-whoaaa- so many peoples…” Said Midoriya as he looking around the stadium.

“Wow, they’re really praising us to the sky…” Commented Kirishima as he turned to Bakugou. “I’m getting nervous now, how about you Bakugou?”

Bakugou smiled as he clenched his fist. “No way I’m nervous!! You’re just getting stage fright, wuss!!”

We’ve reached the middle of the stadium and lined up on our spot. I stood in the front of the line as I’ve expected.

The introduction continued, but the excitement of Present Mic when announcing the rest of the freshman year was not as high as he announced our class.

I understand about it, but still think that it’s not fair. Somehow I can relate to the copy guy from class B if he dislikes our class.

When all the class lined up in front of the stage in the middle of the stadium, Midnight, the R-Rated hero, climbed up the stage.

“Now now, fair play!!” She shouted as she arrived on the stage.

A murmur could be heard amongst the spectators and the heroes.

“Hey hey, isn’t that 18+ only hero, Midnight? She’s the referee for the freshman stage this year!!” claimed one of the heroes that were spectating.

Tokoyami added his comment when he saw Midnight take the stage as the referee.

“She’s 18+ only? Even though this is a high school? Is that really okay?” He said in a voice loud enough to be heard by Midnight.

I chuckled when I heard his comment, it really isn’t his character to add some comment that’s why it’s a bit funny.

Midnight, as expected heard Tokoyami's comment shouted.

“SILENCE!! My tenure here is perfectly on level! And stop chuckling!!”

She cracked the whip that she held in her right hand and pointed it to the crowd of students.

“Now, get up on the stage, Player Rep!! Nakiri Ayame of 1-A!!”

I jumped up on the stage dramatically when she called me. Because of my excitement about the speech, that I planned to make it funny. I jumped too high and the crowds saw me with a bewildered expression.

‘Damn, I jumped too high. Ah, screw it!! Superhero landing is it!’

To cover up my mistake, I tried to adjust my landing to the stage and do a superhero landing. 

I landed on the stage, right in front of the microphone with my right leg on the knees while my left leg crouched. I didn’t forget to punch with my right hand in front of me too, making it a superhero landing.

But the unexpected part comes later. The stage broke down because it can’t hold my landing. Naturally, I and Midnight stumbled and were covered with dust.

I get up while dusting my clothes when I saw Midnight approached me angrily.

“You!! You don’t need to destroy the stage just to have a speech you know!!”

Watching her fuming in rage, I can’t help but scratch the back of my head as I said.

“Sorry… it’s a miscalculation!”

Midnight is still angry, but when she saw Cementoss approaching, she decided to turn around and let the matters go.

Cementoss approached the stage and he use his quirk to fix it. Midnight thank him and he leaves the stadium again.

“Come here, let’s get it done so we could continue!!” Midnight called me and I get on the stage again. This time normally through the stair.

Midnight urged me to make a speech and stood silently in the middle of the stage.

The crowds were puzzled by my action as they urged me to make a speech already.

“Sensei. I, Nakiri Ayame, As a representative of Freshman Year in UA make a vow.” I shouted loudly making the spectators when quiet and the students in front of me plugged their ears.

“OIII KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN!!!” Bakugou shouted at me which I respond with a smirk.

I saw his expression changed as he clenched his fist. I bet he wanted to leap at me right now and sent an explosion to me. But he can keep his urge in check, that’s good.

I continued my speech with a lower volume than earlier.

“In accordance with sportsmanship, wish that this year’s UA’s sports festival…”

I drifted in the mid-sentence and changed my tone.

“Ah, screw that. That’s a speech for the normal sports festival. This is UA’s sports festival so I will make my own speech.”

I said in the volume that couldn’t be heard by spectators, but the lined up students in front of me could hear it.

I saw Toga smiled to ears in the general department as her eyes gleamed.

‘You truly understand me, Toga. I saw you anticipate this kind of thing right?’ I thought when I watched her behavior.

I took off my PE uniform and all the male student's eyes bulged in anticipation. But, unfortunately for them, I wear a white t-shirt with oni mask images on the front side.

I picked up the microphone and set it in front of me. I rest my PE uniform on my shoulder as I crossed my arms in front of my chest and spread my leg a little.

“Ah, test.” After making sure that the microphone still working, I proceed with my speech.

“At first I plan to make this speech according to the sports festival speech, but as expected that goes against my style.”

The spectators watched in anticipation as they heard me.

“There was a bunch of stuff about unbreakable bonds or something. But you can just overpower that using your own strength!! Show the results of your training and guts!!! Show off the splendor of your quirk to those without any guts or never do any training!! To make this Sports Festival the best memory ever…”

I pulled my right hand into my back to prepare a punch that I trained for a week. I finally managed to part the sea although not as much if compared to my fake Kamehameha.

“To make this Sports Festival the best memory ever… By overcoming all sorts of obstacles through trial and hardship and getting up every time you fall down.”

I punched to the sky, creating a small tornado in the process as I shouted.

“OVERCOME EVERYTHING WITH YOUR GUTS AND STRENGTH!!!”



Author Here~

More than 40 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big thanks to the new Executive!!
- Joshua Davis

78