Chapter 54 – Human Cavalry 1
2.1k 10 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“And the preliminary is over!! Here is the result!”

The result was shown on the big screen behind Midnight. I look at it and saw many familiar faces who managed to pass the first stage.

“No surprise here, all of them passed the first stage.” I muttered while listening to Midnight.

“The 42 at the top have earned the right to advance to the 2ndstage! I’m sorry for those who failed, but don’t take it to the heart! The festival is still ongoing!!” Midnight tried to encourage those who failed the first stage and asked them to enjoy the festival.

“And now the post-preliminaries!! The final selection! From here we will eliminate a lot of contestants to advance to the final!!”

The tension was raised immediately when Midnight told the students about this stage being the final filter to advance to the final. They become fired up and smile crept on the students face one by one.

Toga who stood beside me is jumping happily while shouting. “Yaay! Let’s get to the final, Ojou!!”

“Don’t worry, I will. Because as you know I’m the strongest here~” I send a smirk at Toga which she replied with a giggle.

“Of course!”

“Now then!! Onto today’s heart-pounding 2ndevent! I already know it but the suspense is killing me. What could it be? And the second event is!!!!”

The screen began to spin a word at a high speed before stopping alongside Midnight’s word.

“BEHOLD!!” the screen stopped spin the word and it has shown “HUMAN CAVALRY BATTLE!!!”

The students who had high tension stiffened suddenly and their smiles turned into confusion.

“Human cavalry… I’m not suited for that.” Said Kaminari in disbelief.

“But that’s not a game that works with players as an individual?” Asked Asui as she tilted her head and put her index finger on her chin.

“I’m glad you asked!!” Midnight pointed her index finger to the screen. “You can form 2-4 person teams freely and form a horseback configuration. Basically, it’s the same rules as a normal human cavalry except for one thing.”

Midnight paused for a second to build tension before she continued.

“Everyone will receive points based on their performance in the last trial…”

Sato who understood the rules said.

“If it’s anything like the entrance exam’s point then it’ll be easy to understand.”

“Ah! This means that the point value of each human warhorse will change based on who’s in it!!” Added Ashido.

“Yes!” Midnight cracked her whips as she continued her explanation.

“That’s right. The number of points you received is 5 if you are placed 42nd, 10 if you placed 41st, 15 if you 40th place, and so on!!” She smiled and pointed at Todoroki. “EXCEPT!!”

Todoroki who she pointed at is puzzled and looking at Midnight.

“With the exception of 1st place whose head is worth 10 million points!!”

The other students turned and look at Todoroki as Midnight finished her explanation. When she saw the student’s attentions were focused on Todoroki, she fanned the flame of rivalry.

“If I were you, I’d aim for the guy who placed first! This is the chance for the low to supplant the high! Welcome to our survival game.

“I see, so you want to put pressure on the 1st place.” Todoroki nodded in understanding as he turned to look at me.

I tilted my head and realized.

“Ah! He wanted to invite me to his team! Well, that won’t happen though.” I turned to Toga and raised my hand for a high five. “Want to join my team, Toga?”

Toga high-fived me and answered. “I thought you never asked, Ojou~ So, who’s the other?”

“Let’s ask her when the other student’s attentions were in Todoroki.”

I walked with my hand behind my head towards a certain person in my mind. Toga followed behind me while skipping in her track with a smile on her face.

‘She’s so carefree. Although I’ve no right to judge her for being carefree. I was as carefree as her when in the first stage.’

When we walked to our target, Midnight continued the explanation from where she left off.

“The time limit is 15 minutes, the point value of each group’s headband is worth the total point accumulation of each of the warhorse’s members. And the one who wears the headband will be the rider. Until the time is up, steal as many headbands from your opponents!!”

We’ve arrived at the location of my target when Midnight explained the rules. Because she focused on Midnight’s explanation, she didn’t realize that I stood behind her. I poked my finger on her shoulder to get her attention and she turned towards me.

“Ya~ Want to join my team, Reiko? I need your strength to win this stage.”

She was surprised by my sudden invitation even when Midnight has yet to finish her explanation. She opened her mouth but no word came out.

“How about it?” I raised my hand for high five and she looked at my hand with a look of confusion. “High five, if you choose to join my team, just reach out for it~”

“Y-yes, I will join your team, Ayame-chan.” Reiko timidly raised her hand and high-fived me.

“Yay~ another member get. For the last one, I have someone in mind but I don’t know if he will accept my invitation. Maybe you can invite him, Reiko?” I asked Reiko and she tilted her head. “He’s in your class, and I think he’s not comfortable with class A.”

Reiko had a look of realization on her face. It seems she knows who I am referring to with only that explanation.

“I will try, Ayame-chan. I think he’s okay if it’s you.” Reiko nodded her head and turned towards the direction of my next target.

“I will leave it to you.”

“This is just a human cavalry battle game!! If you attack any other group with the malicious aim of breaking them up, that’s a red card and you’ll be forced to sit out for the rest of the game!!”

It seems Midnight’s explanation is not over yet. I signaled to Reiko to invite him now with my hand and she nodded her head.

“All right!! You now have 15 minutes until then!! Start negotiating your team-ups!!” Midnight ended her explanation with that.

“””15 MINUTES??!!”””

Because I had my team ready, I didn’t freak out like the other students.

‘Well then, I hope I can pass this stage safely with my team.’



Author Here~

More than 50 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- IamUgoH
- vergard larsson

79