Chapter 55 – Human cavalry 2
2.4k 8 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ALL RIGHT!! HAVE YOU ALL FORMED YOUR OWN TEAM ALREADY?!! WELL, YOU BETTER HAVE. LET’S DO IT! LET’S START THE COUNTDOWN OF THIS VICIOUS CLASH!!”

Present Mic shouted energetically and announced that the 2ndstage was nearing the start. The students, with their team, walked to the middle of the stadium, where the rectangle area is made, and took their position.

My teammates were also gathered at the edge of the rectangle, we made a mounting position with me in the front while Reiko and Toga were in the back.

“I don’t believe that I am in a team with students from class A” The rider of our cavalry commented from behind me. He held his head with his right hand and a haughty smile was plastered on his face. He is a boy with slick blond hair styled that it’s parted to the right. His eyes are blue, he’s overall a handsome boy if it’s not ruined by his personality.

“But, there are 2 students from Class B in this team. So we can just consider this team is from class B with you, from class A and general education as a helper!” He pointed his left index finger towards me and laughed.

Hearing that, I chuckled a little. “Just say what you want, winning is more important than that for me.”

Unlike me, Toga glared hard at him without uttering a word.

“Sorry, Ayame-chan. Monoma-kun is always like that towards your class.” Reiko apologized in the stead of the boy, Monoma.

“Ha! With me here, winning is as trivial as taking candy from a baby! Look at me, I will destroy class A!” He huffed and looked in the direction of Todoroki.

“You remember the plan right? We will not make a move against Todoroki in the first 10 minutes.” I rebuked Monoma who was eager to get Todoroki’s 10 million points.

“I know! You want me to use my amazing quirk right?”

“Technically it’s my quirk, Monoma-kun.” Reiko denied his claim and he stiffened.

“HA!” he shouted and had a wide smile on his face. “It doesn’t matter!”

“Well, let’s do it slowly~” Toga seemed to be cheered a bit because she now understands a bit about Monoma’s personality.

“Yeah~ let’s have fun~” I said.

“LET’S DO IT!! LET’S START THE COUNTDOWN TO THIS VICIOUS CLASH!!”

With Present Mic announcement, the tension is raised all of a sudden.

“3!!!”

“Remember, we just targeting someone from afar from now. I will be in charge of defense.” I reminded my teammates the last time before the countdown is over.

“I know! Who do you think I am?” Monoma said as he tied the headband with 590 written on it on his neck area.

“2!!!”

“Let’s do this Ojou~ My role is to protect Reiko right~”

“1!!!”

“Yeah!” I answered Reiko as the countdown was over.

“STARTT!!!”

Every single team in the arena targeted Todoroki's team as soon as the countdown was over.

“In essence, this competition will be won if we got that 10 million!!” Shouted a team from class B.

In an instant, a chill wind could be felt from Todoroki. The ground was the first that got frozen, and at a fast speed, a mountain of ice was created, covering almost half of the arena.

“Wow~ That is some big ice.” I commented as I looked at the ice mountain on the other side of the arena.

My team still doesn’t move from our starting position. Almost all teams targeted Todoroki and forgot about the other team, they sure are spirited~

But, that works in our favor, because we technically didn’t need to move to steal the other team’s headband.

“We got 2, Ayame-chan.” Reiko said as she looked at Monoma’s neck which now has 3 headbands.

“Good~ Using the distraction of their team to use Reiko’s quirk to steal their headband. By the way, you really have good control over your quirk, Reiko.” I praised her without looking at her. I still put on my guard even though I talked a lot, who knows if suddenly there are teams that targeted my team.

“Yes, Nana-san had given me a pointer about the usage of my quirk. I was able to improve my control based on her advice.” Reiko said in a low voice. She seemed to be embarrassed that I praised her. I was curious about her embarrassed face, so I looked behind to look at her.

What can I say? She’s cute when she got embarrassed.

“Hey class A, there is a team coming here!” Monoma hit my shoulder and I looked forward.

“So you are the one who stole our headband!!”

I turned towards the source of the voice and saw Jiro, Sato, and Koda running towards me. I didn’t see the rider anywhere, but I think the voice earlier was from Hagakure.

“It seems we can’t avoid the clash. Hold on tight, Monoma. It’s going to get rocky. Toga, Reiko, try to match my phase.” I said while a grin crept on my face.

“Don’t get so fast Ojou~”

I looked around and saw that the other corner of the arena was devoid of any team. I started to move towards the other corner while maintaining the speed to match Reiko’s pace.

“Reiko, can you use your quirk to block their vision using the sand?” I shouted towards Reiko.

“No, I can’t.”

“Then control their pants or shoes to trip one of them!!”

Hearing my words, Reiko nodded her face and extended her right hand to Hagakure team’s direction.

“Please work!!” Reiko shouted and Jiro’s shoes were surrounded with pink light and Jiro tripped on her shoes.

“WOAAHH!!” Hagakure yelled as her horse crashed and she fell to the ground.

“HAGAKURE TEAM ELIMINATED!! HER LEG TOUCHED THE GROUND AND SHE’S DISQUALIFIED!”

“Nice Reiko!” I stopped on my track and looked behind as I smiled towards Reiko.

“No problem.” Reiko smiled back at me.

Because I was busy with Hagakure, I didn’t look at Todoroki and was blind to the situation in the arena.

“WOAAH!! MIDORIYA SUCCESSFULLY TOOK TODOROKI’S HEADBAND!! NOW HIS TEAM WAS PLACED FIRST IN THE RANKING!!”

With Present Mic's announcement, my eyes turned to Midoriya’s team who fly in the sky, protected by dark shadow, Tokoyami’s quirk.

“9 MINUTES HAVE PASSED! THERE ARE ONLY 6 MINUTES LEFT!! LET’S PUT THEIR SCORE UP ON THE BIG BOARD FOR ALL TO SEE!”

I ignore the score on the board and looked at Monoma.

“Are you ready for the 2nd round?” I smirked and he replied to me while having a big smile.

“Who do you think I am?” He said and hold his head.

I like his response, if only his personality isn't like that, I will invite him to join our group for sure.

“Then, let’s start our plan.”



Author Here~

More than 50 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Executive!!
- Alexis Pipoz

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- James31292

79