Chapter 3. First Encounter
2.6k 4 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I practiced through the night as silently as I could, so as not to wake up Chopper. I became more proficient at controlling Aura the longer I trained. That also meant that my Haki control was also getting better. As it turns out, my species uses Aura in almost everything. It is like a force that surrounds and binds everything together. Riolu and Lucario are always in tune with this energy. It’s almost like always having ‘Observation Haki’ on all the time, but more. To my knowledge, that kind of Haki only gave you an idea of what attack would come next, and their locations. I think I might be able to do that, but I can also feel the emotions of other beings.

 

Anyway my species uses this Aura to hold things. I always wondered in the show how Pokémon with no opposable thumbs could hold things like humans. I think they were using a minute amount of Aura to get the objects to stick to their hands. That is the most maybe a normal Pokémon may be able to do, but not for me. I smiled as I stuck my hand against the wall. I was about to see if I could use enough Aura to climb the wall, but was stopped by Kureha opening the door.

 

She saw me standing with my paw against the wall. I just stared back at her, and we both stood in silence for a bit. That was until Chopper got up in his cute fashion. He stretched his arms while making a squeaking noise. He then yawned and looked at my empty bed. He then stood and yelled in shock. “Kureha! Calvin is gone! We have-” He stopped when he turned around to see me right behind him. He sighed in relief at me, but with a hint of anger. He walked over to me, and started feeling my forehead.

 

“You really should get proper rest if you want to get better.” I smiled at this caring reindeer as he was checking a few more things. Kureha then yelled to the both of us. “Alright kids, we have some business with the town below. Chopper, get ready to go while I talk to Calvin.” Chopper looked back and forth between Kureha and I for a bit before nodding and leaving the room. It was just Kureha and I alone in the room now. I just stared at her, waiting for her to talk first. 

“Since we saved your life, you owe us. Now what should I have you do?...” Kureha tried to scare me into thinking she might have me be their slave or something, but I wasn’t worried. I knew her personality in the show, and I could feel her emotions now. I knew and could feel she wasn’t a bad person. I smiled at her and nodded. “How about protection? I could act as a bodyguard.” She looked at me with confusion and doubt at what I was claiming. I chuckled a little bit at how weak I probably looked.

 

I then held out my paw and showed her some of the fruits of my labor. I was able to move Aura inside my body out towards my hand and make what seemed to be a baseball sized blue sphere. It shined brilliantly in the room, and the wind that it was generating caused my ears to flap in the breeze. I smiled at how much I felt like I improved in a day. I then absorbed the Aura back into my body and looked at Kureha. 

 

She seemed shocked at what I was doing and stared at me with her hand covering her mouth while squinting. I could feel her emotions were of confusion, intrigue, and some happiness. She thought about something for a bit before she nodded. “Alright kid, we saved your life. So you can save ours next. Nothing is free after all.” She smiled while laughing evilly, and left the room to find Chopper. I smiled calmly and followed behind.

 

We met up with Chopper and he was excited to have me join along. After they had all of their medical supplies they led me to a hidden door. The door led to a staircase that I could feel went down hundreds if not thousands of feet. It was longer than I could sense so I knew it would take a long time. After a while of walking we all made it to the bottom of the mountain through another hidden door at the base. The weather was freezing, but my fur helped keep me warm, and I was able to use Aura to help insulate my fur even better. ‘This is really convenient. If I remember correctly, I can learn ‘sunny day’. But I don’t think it will be very useful later. The amount of training it may take, offsets the benefits in the future.’

 

We walked our way towards a nearby village, but as we were walking I could feel something. I froze in place while looking in the direction it was coming from. This caused Chopper and Kureha to look at what I was doing. “What’s wrong Calvin?” Chopper asked me with a hint of fear in his voice. I kept feeling the Auras I could sense in the distance, and I knew one of them was dying and in pain, while the others were fearful and anxious. “I think I found one more patient for you both! I’ll go bring them to the town you're headed to!” And with that said I ran off in the direction of the Auras.

I ran through the snowy tundra. My body was quick, but trying to run in foot deep snow, when I am only 2 feet tall, was not easy. I could only kick off the ground so hard before I fell into the snow, and lose more time I needed. I then got an idea. I ran to a tree and kicked off of the tree to another tree in front. I used trees to increase my speed of travel, but it wasn’t enough. I coated my body in Aura and began to use ‘Quick Attack’ to help me move even faster. After only minutes of travel I saw them. There was Luffy and Sanji, with Nami on Luffy’s back. I almost made it to them, until I saw there were now giant bunny bears in front of their path.

 

I remembered how badly they were injured for this, and had to help from their unnecessary pain. I ran in between the straw hats and the bunny bears. Everyone was surprised at my sudden appearance, but I had no time to make introductions. I had to  prove that I was the biggest dog here, and that if the bunny bears wanted what I had they would have to fight me for it. I let out a low growl while using Aura to increase the noise and potency. I used my Aura to inflict fear on anyone that could hear it. I growled louder and louder, and as I did I could see the bunny bears taking minute steps back. 

 

It was then that I knew they were frightened, and just needed one last push. I roared with Aura encompassing my voice to add strength. After I let out my vicious roar all of the bunny bears either ran away, or feinted. I let out a sigh and turned to see both straw hats squinting at me with distrust. I could feel their emotions, and knew they probably didn’t trust me. “Come with me if you want your friend to live.” They were both surprised at my ability to talk, but got over it quickly when they heard what I was saying.

 

They both followed me while asking me questions of how I could save Nami. I think Luffy would be more friendly if he wasn’t carrying his dying friend on his back. “So… How will you save our friend?” Sanji was still very distrusting of me, but Luffy held onto hope of believing me. “I won’t, the doctor will. I just need to bring you to her. She is in town right now.” I said to them both as I was trying to feel for Choppers Aura. I had memorized the kind of Aura Chopper had to be able to find him later. I didn’t think it would be this useful this early, but I was very glad I did now.

 

I closed my eyes while my ears twitched at feeling out Aura from a distance. Once I could feel Chopper in the distance I ran towards his direction. “This way!” I yelled to them both to keep up pace with me.

94