Chapter 5. Chopper Fights
2.2k 6 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked out of the town with Luffy right beside me and the rest of the Straw Hats right behind (Minus Nami of course). We all saw the whole lot of them all making their way over here, with Wapol riding an ugly donkey thing. “So… Who gets the fat King?” I asked everyone. Luffy was about to speak up, before Chopper ran forward. “I will!” Everyone looked at Chopper with surprise and disbelief. I smiled and nodded. I could feel that he was not acting out of emotions. Well he was, but they were not clouding his judgement. I smiled as I patted him on the shoulder. “Call if you need help. We’ll take care of the rest. Right guys?”

 

I looked at the Straw Hats and they were all smiling in affirmation. I smiled back while feeling their determination and readiness. “Ok… Let’s go!” I yelled as I clothed my body in Aura to increase my speed. “Quick Attack!” 

 

I yelled out my move as I quickly dispatched as many grunts as I could. I was quickly followed by Zoro who was taking out about as much as me. I wasn’t counting so I couldn’t know. I could feel Zoro gaining respect as we both were fighting side by side. I smiled as fighting felt like it was in my blood now. This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me for my whole life. I was having fun. ‘When was the last time since… I had fun?’ I shook away my thoughts and went back to fighting grunts with Zoro. 

 

We were done with the cannon fighter in only a few seconds. Zoro and I smiled at each other, and I could feel respect emanating from him. We looked back and saw that the rest of the Straw Hats were finished with their grunts as well. Luffy was able to take out the Chess guy and Aphro guy. We all stepped back and watched the fight between Chopper and Wapol. I looked with a bitter smile of feeling the sadness and rage that Chopper had while fighting. I could feel all of the painful memories that Chopper was thinking while fighting. It nearly brought me to my knees while crying.

 

This caught Vivi’s attention. She rushed to my side to see if I was injured. She held me up while tears were just falling from my eyes. “Sorry, I can’t stop feeling his emotions.” I said in between sniffles. She then looked back to Chopper. I looked at him too and just watched their fight. Chopper looked back at us for a moment, and I could feel something in his emotions stir. I didn’t know exactly what happened but he seemed to gain determination. He then took out something from his pocket. “Rumble Ball!”

 

He took what looked like candy, and popped in his mouth. “This only works for three minutes. But that is all I need!” He then went into his walking point. He ran towards Wapol to get close. It looked like he was about to use his antlers to attack Wapol, and Wapol was about to try and eat his horns to nullify the attack, but it all changed when Chopper yelled. “Arm Point!” His body changed into a different form with his arms gaining extra bulk, and his horns shrinking. Wapol chomped on thin air, and was surprised until he saw Chopper’s fist flying at his neck. 

 

Chopper was a doctor so he knew where to hit to keep someone down. Wapol’s throat closed up and he was choking from the lack of airflow. But Chopper didn’t stop there. He hit Wapol in the stomach as hard as he could, causing Wapol to pass out instantly. “That one was for the best doctor in the world.” He changed back into his normal form and walked back over to us. I smiled at him and ran over. 

 

I hugged him while I could feel his emotions. I could feel his happiness and grief at the same time. His emotions were a mess, but I hugged him to let him know that I was proud of him. He just crouched down while weeping. I hugged him all the way down. I patted his back while holding him to help.

After crying for a minute or two, I noticed he was tired. Not long after, he fell asleep while weeping. I picked him up, and hoisted him on my back. I looked back at the Straw Hats, and saw their somber expressions. They were feeling conflicted to say the least. Luffy was the most somber which struck a chord with me. He was always the most cheerful of the group, but knowing that he was sad about this. I don’t know exactly how I felt, but it definitely wasn’t happy.

 

I walked past the group and made my way to the inn with Chopper on my back. They all followed behind me without saying much. I made my way inside to see everyone all staring at us with contempt. I growled at them with a little Aura to make them all disperse. They were frightened and made a path for us without a word. Making it to the staircase up the rooms I stopped moving. Everyone held their breath at the Straw Hats and I. “This boy that you called a monster… Just saved your island. Try and sleep peacefully with that information tonight. That the kid that you ostracized just saved all of your lives.”

 

Without another word we all walked up the staircase and made our way to the room Nami and the doctor were in. Zoro opened the door and I nodded at him with thanks. It was then that Kureha started to attack me. I could tell where she was attacking and dodged them all. “What did you say? Being a bodyguard!? Then don’t let my apprentice fight the king of the island!” She kept berating me as I laid Chopper on the bed next to Nami.

 

I then looked back at her tossed over a key I was able to snatch from Wapol while I was fighting his grunts. ‘Being able to just touch something to have it stick to you is amazingly useful. I feel like Spiderman.’ She looked at the key while I described where it came from. “I got this off the Wapol, it should open something in the castle. Take that as payment for what I did.” I said all of this while I was putting a blanket over Chopper. I could feel the Kureha’s emotions. They were a mix of happy, and sad at the same time. Not much anger could be found, if any. 

 

It was at this point that Nami slowly started to wake up. Causing the Straw Hats to all gather around the bed. Pushing me on top of the bed to avoid getting smushed. Nami looked up and the first thing she saw was me on her bed. I could feel fear coming from her. I’m not gonna lie, having a beautiful girl being scared of you when you first meet did not help my self esteem. I looked over and nodded my head to have Nami look over to where my head was directed and she followed my eyeline as the entire crew was near her bed cheering for her recovery.

While she was talking to her crewmates I left the bed by walking up the wall to go over everyone else. I couldn’t jump, and risk waking up Chopper from his much needed rest. I could feel only two people noticing me. I turned to look at Vivi who was staring at me. I could feel intrigue emanating off of her. I then looked over at the doctor who was smiling at me. I left the room to give them all their space while I rested on the roof outside.

80