Chapter 9. Friendship
1.9k 7 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I closed my eyes and laid on my back in the crows nest as the smoke billowed around our ship. I could feel the presence of a bunch of people floating by us. I said nothing and just let it play out. Luffy and Usopp managed to attach Mr. 2 on the end of their fishing poles and brought him aboard the ship. I was only half paying attention and just waiting for him to change into the king as a give away. He was able to impress Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper with his show. “Calvin! Get down here! This guy is awesome!” Chopper yelled for me, so I obliged. 

 

The only problem is, when I did get down, Mr. 2 used his power to imitate Nami. “I can even imitate their bodies!” He yelled as he showed off Nami’s chest in full view. My blood pressure spiked when I saw the display. I immediately turned around to avoid looking, it didn’t feel right to see a crewmate's body without their consent. Nami smashed his head in for that little stunt, and I chuckled at how strong she was. I could feel embarrassment and anger coming from Nami. When she looked my way I turned away to act like I didn’t even know what just happened. 

 

I could feel her emotions rise while she walked towards me. I knew how hard those punches might hurt, and I didn’t want to test out first hand. So I played the card I was holding. “Hey! Isn’t that Mr. 2?” After I yelled that out everyone froze and stared at him. He got up and nodded with a big smile. “Why yes esteemed friends! I am the strong and powerful Mr. 2!” He yelled as he got into a pose. It was then that I used my training to its full extent.

 

I could feel he was none the wiser on my surprise attack so this was my best chance. “Quick Attack!” I yelled out my move as I moved Aura all over my body. I ran towards Mr. 2 at record pace, and when I got close I threw a palm strike filled with Aura and released all of the Aura stored inside my paw directly into his chest. The attack threw him back against the wall and rendered him unconscious. I rolled my arm and wrist while walking towards him. 

 

I could feel the other boat full of his friends moving around, luckily I could feel they didn’t notice us with all of this smoke. “Zoro! Help me bring him inside! We can’t let his friends know we have him. If we can capture this guy now, it’ll make the future much easier.” Zoro broke out of his shock and nodded at me. He took the guy and just held him up with one arm. ‘Man Zoro is strong…’ He placed Mr. 2 inside, and I looked back at everyone. 

 

“I can feel the presence of his friends around here. Nami, I need you to help steer the boat away from them, they don’t know we are here and I want to keep it that way. Do you think we leave without them seeing us?” She broke out of her shock as well and smiled. “Of course I can!” I nodded with a smile and got up to the wheel with her. I sat on the railing close to where Nami was and directed her. I closed my eyes and my ears twitched as I felt out Mr. 2’s companions. “They are to our Northwest.” I gave her more intel, but Nami had us wait in the smoke for a while.

 

“We need to wait for them to be in the smoke, so we can leave without their knowledge.” I nodded at her idea and the rest of the crew silently agreed, except Luffy of course. “Why can’t we just kick all of their asses?” I chuckled at Luffy’s straightforwardness and talked to him while still feeling their Aura’s. “Because, if we fight, then that might put a target on our backs. We don’t know if they have a Den Den Mushi. This will be safer for Vivi to give her message.” Luffy nodded in understanding. After enough time we were able to make it past the other ship and left without their knowledge.

 

We kept sailing for a while, nothing much happened of interest. Mr. 2 was still passed out, so we tied him up, and placed him in storage. We managed to see a sea cat close by our ship. Everyone was amazed to see such a creature. I was shocked at how large it was. Vivi  explained to everyone how a sea cat was a sacred creature in Alabasta. After we saw the sea cat our attention was brought to the ships sailing on the horizon towards us.

 

Luffy wanted to attack them, but Sanji talked some sense into him. “Luffy all is lost if we lose sight of our true objective. There are only 9 of us.” Zoro spoke up next. “And with that, everyone put these on. Tie them on tight, our enemies have plenty of mysteries. We don’t know if that guy was the only one who could do something like that. So let’s make sure that we know who the enemy is.”

 

Everyone agreed and put the bandages on. I tried to put some on my arm, but the lack of thumbs made it a difficult task. I was about to ask Usopp to do it for me, until Vivi came over to do it herself. I was shocked that she was even noticing my trouble, but shrugged it off. “Is that too tight?” She asked while moving some hair out of her face. I frowned and shook my head at the sight. “It’s fine… Thank you.” I could feel her emanating happiness as she left me. I could feel an emotion from someone else when she did though. However I couldn’t place it exactly because I was already feeling embarrassed.

 

Everyone then stood in a circle. I was placed between Chopper and Nami. Luffy then spoke up while holding his left arm out. “So, no matter what happens. This left arm is proof of our friendship!” Everyone cheered and held out their arms. Nami hit my shoulder while she was sticking her arm out. I looked back at her and could feel anger coming from her. ‘What did I do?’ I shook my head and sighed. Garnering another punch, except this one was to my head. It was funny when it was other people, but feeling it first hand was not a pleasant experience.

72