Chapter 10. Meeting The Rebellion
1.8k 3 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We made it to the port city of Nanohana to resupply. As soon as we touched down Luffy made a break for a restaurant. He said that he was craving something other than the fish we’ve been eating for the past few days. Everyone else went around in a large group to shop. “Calvin, I think you may have to stay on the boat. You are a little too noticeable.” Vivi spoke to me, and catching a whiff of the strong perfumes they had here, tipped me over the edge. I nodded and spoke to her. “Sure, I don’t think I could stand it with those strong perfumes anyway.” 

 

Vivi nodded back while giving me a calming smile that just made me blush. ‘It’s embarrassing to be seen as a cute small animal.’ I sighed as they all left and watched over the ship in their absence. I used this time to train my ability to feel their presence. So I got to the crows nest and started to meditate. I closed my eyes, and my ears twitched as I was feeling them move around. There were so many Aura’s for me to read, but I had already familiarized myself with my friends. ‘Friends… It’s been a long time since I’ve had an actual outing with friends.’

 

I shook my thoughts away, and continued to concentrate on their presence. I could feel them move all about the market, but I couldn’t get much more info than that. It was a bit later that I could feel Luffy getting chased around the town. I chuckled as I got down off the crows nest, and got ready to shove off. I could see all of the crew running from the marines while making their way over here. They all made it to the ship, and I yelled out. “Did someone buy clothes for me to hide in!?” Nami nodded as she tossed me some desert clothing. I nodded and jumped out the boat.

 

“Calvin!? What are you doing!?” Nami yelled at me as I did so, and everyone else was concerned at what I was doing. “I’m going with Kaboo! This message needs to make it! I’ll meet you all at the castle!” The truth was I knew that the rebels were closer here than where the rest of the crew was going, but I couldn’t tell them that. I already took care of Mr. 2 acting as the fake king, now I just had to talk to the rebel leader. I could feel the crew was anxious about leaving me, Chopper especially. I looked back and waved while on Kaboo’s back. “Good luck on your end!”

 

I then held out my left, bandaged arm. They all smiled and held theirs up as well. And with that they all left while Kaboo and I traveled on our own. After a while of running, Kaboo started to get tired from the heat in the desert. I took the opportunity to try and convince Kaboo to rest in Katorea. “Kaboo, I think we should move to Katorea, maybe we can catch a ride to Arbana from there.” Kaboo looked back at me for a bit, and tilted his head. He then looked at his half empty bottle of water, then nodded. “That does seem like a good idea… But we were supposed to bring this letter ASAP.” 

 

I nodded in understanding of his argument. “Well, we might get there faster by catching a lift from a tiny detour, rather than just running straight to Arbana at a slow pace.” I could feel Kaboo’s emotions stabilize and I could tell he made a decision. “I think it’s a good idea to at least check.” I nodded in agreement and with that, we were off to Katorea. It only took half a day of travel to make it there. Kaboo and I made it into the town and looked around. Kaboo was looking for transport. I was searching for the leader of the rebellion, Kohza.

 

We kept looking around and it didn’t take long for me to grasp a lot of anger, and resentment coming from a particular direction. “Kaboo, I think I saw something around that corner. Let’s check it out.” Kaboo obliged and went around the corner. What we saw was Kohza yelling at a kid to leave. I immediately recognized him, and stopped Kaboo from running away in fear of the rebellion. “Kaboo, give me the letter.” Kaboo looked at me, and I stared back at him. “Trust me.” He stared a bit longer, but then nodded and gave me the letter in his pouch.

 

I then got down off of Kaboo, and walked to where the kid once stood. The rebels looked at me, and I could feel sadness and anger radiating off of all of them. I sighed and my fury for Crocodile was growing with the more I could see what he had done to everyone. He was the reason for all of this death and destruction. He was the cause, the disease, the monster. “What are you doing here kid? Didn’t you just see the other kid running away with tears. This is no place for children.” Kohza tried persuading me to leave, but he couldn’t see my appearance due to the covering clothes I was wearing. 

 

“No, I’m not here to join. I’m here to deliver a letter.” I said as I held out the letter Vivi had made. Kohza looked at me for a second. He was feeling curious and distrusting. He had one of his men take the letter from me, and brought it to him. He opened it up, and the more he read the more his eyes widened. Inside was Vivi’s handwritten message of everything she gathered of the collusion going on. I could feel his emotions going wild, so many different emotions all flying about inside this one man.

 

After he was done reading, he threw the letter on his chair and ran up to me. He grabbed my shirt and held me up above his head. The rest of his men got ready to attack at any moment, but I had to remain calm. “That letter wasn’t for me… How did you get it?” His voice was filled with malice, as he looked at me with fury filling his gaze. “She gave it to Kaboo and I to take to the king, but when we saw you, I felt like it was something else you should know about. She left to visit Yuba to talk with you directly.”

He stared at me, and could see my red eyes through the cloth covering my face. After a bit of staring he judged I was telling the truth, and let me go. I sighed when he did and dusted my clothes off. “Now that you know… What are you going to do?” He stared at the letter on his seat, his emotions were just everywhere. Until they settled, and only one remained; Rage. “I’m going to kill that piece of human filth myself.” I nodded and looked at all of his confused men. “Kaboo and I will let the king know, he won't attack you once he gains this information. It might take days if it’s just Kaboo and I. Do you have any transportation?”

 

All of the men were really confused at this point, but Kohza just nodded in understanding. “We have some camels that can make it in 2 days.” I nodded while looking at Kaboo. “We’ll probably use them for a day, and then run on our own. Kaboo needs time to rest and then he can run for the day.” Kaboo nodded in affirmation and I looked back to Kohza. “We’re gonna need that letter for the king.” Kohza stared at the letter in his hand before giving it to me, before he crumpled it in rage. “I’m gonna make him pay.” He said in a low voice that was dripping with killing intent.

69