Chapter 11. Meeting his Highness
1.6k 6 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaboo and I rode in the transportation for a day. “Thanks again for doing this guys.” “Don’t worry about it, it’s much lighter than what they normally make us carry.” I was thanking the camels for helping us out, and giving us a lift. We needed to move as quickly as possible to make it to the kingdom, and then stop Crocodile together. We were done riding and Kaboo and I sent the camels away as we were both well rested for the remainder of our journey. I got on Kaboo’s back and we both took off towards the kingdom.

 

It took us another full day of travel, but we made it before nightfall. We were first stopped at the gate, but when they recognized Kaboo they let us pass. We entered the palace and were directed to the king. The massive doors opened to the room and the king of Alabasta sat in his seat, while a couple of advisors were standing by his side. He smiled when he saw Kaboo. I spoke loudly and with respect towards this poor king. “We come bearing a letter from Vivi” The king stood up in shock while his advisors all opened their mouths a bit.

 

I held out the letter while Kaboo was drinking all the water they gave him. They all surrounded the letter and read its contents. After they were done I noticed the king was feeling anger, but not rage. He was angry, and sad, but also a bit happy his daughter was ok. He looked at me still dressed from head to toe while kneeling in front of him. 

“Rise young one. You came bearing a letter from my daughter, is there anything else that you need to add?” I stood up and nodded. “Yes your majesty. On our travels we ran into the leader of the rebels, Kohza.” Hearing this made the king stare at me, while almost commanding me to go on with his eyes. “I had him read the letter as well… He wants to help you defeat Crocodile in Rainbase.” Everyone in the room let out sighs. The king soon started to gain a smile. “Finally, it looks like the heavens haven’t abandoned me yet.” I nodded at him as he turned to look at me. 

 

“I want to help as well. Vivi has become one of my friends. And I have seen what this monster has done.” My voice was shaking from the anger I was feeling from knowing what atrocities Crocodile had done. The king looked at me for a bit before saying something. “Show me your face.” I snapped my head to him and stared incredulously. His gaze was firm though. I sighed and brought my paws over my clothed face. They seemed to notice my bandaged paws (it took me almost the whole time getting to Katorea to do that by the way) and began to squint to get a better look at me.

 

I then pulled the mask covering my face and lowered my hood. They all let out a gasp at the sight of me. I could feel their emotions of surprise and fear. I sighed again while speaking. “I want to help. All of my friends are probably going there as we speak with Vivi. Give me a camel to travel through the night, and a small boat to make it across the river. I can’t wait for you to move all of your troops in the morning.” The king stared at me for a moment before speaking. “You won’t make it.”

 

I was about to yell at him, but he continued speaking. “Alone that is.” He then looked towards one of his advisors. “Pell, you will go with him, and make sure my daughter is safe.” Pell nodded at him and looked at me, and my look, full of determination. He gave a small smile and walked towards me. “I’m Pell. What’s your name?” I smiled back and held out my paw. “My name is Calvin.” He shook my hand and led me to where we would get supplies for the journey.

 

After we got all that we needed we left. The travelling was uneventful. We mostly talked about plans of what to do. “My friends are probably going to get there by tomorrow. The earlier we get there the better. It took Kaboo and I two days to travel to the palace, and hopefully less than one to get to Rainbase. That gives the rebellion almost three days to travel. That is around what it took them last time so, there is a good chance that they might be there as well.” I spoke all of my thoughts out loud while Pell was listening. He finally spoke up. "Do you think your friends will be ok fighting Crocodile alone?” I stared at him for a bit, before bursting out in laughter. “Yes… Yes, I do.”

 

We finally made it to our first roadblock in the middle of the night. It was my turn to keep look out, so I stopped the camels and thanked them. “Thanks guys, We won’t need to be traveling anymore, so get some rest before going home.” They nodded and I could feel happiness radiate from them. I then looked back at the sleeping Pell. “Pell! We're at the water!” He shot up with a start before slowly looking at me. He nodded and began to grab his bag, and all of his weapons. He checked to make sure we had everything and went out the back of the covered wagon. 

 

He then pulled the small boat out of the back while I helped by pushing. We loaded everything up and got in the almost dingy. We slowly paddled across the water and made it to the other side as the sun was rising in the sky.

69