Chapter 12. Nico Robin
1.7k 8 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We made it to the Rainbase early in the morning. I knew the Straw Hats weren't here yet, because I couldn’t find some massive ruckus, and nobody seemed to have seen a kid with a straw hat. I looked over to Pell. “I don’t think they are here yet. They are traveling from the south, so we should wait at the southern entrance.” Pell nodded and we both went there. While we were on our way, I was suddenly hit with overwhelming sadness. I fell to my knees, causing Pell to look back in confusion and fear. “What’s wrong!?” He yelled at me as I was trying to gain my bearings. I looked around and could sense where the sadness was emanating.

 

I wiped any tears that may have welled in my eyes and ran towards the location. “Pell! Stay at the southern entrance, unless you see a big commotion in the town. I have someone I need to talk to!” And with that I ran off, leaving Pell to meet up with my friends. I ran through the vendors and random backstreets to find the source. When I did I saw a thin, beautiful, tan, woman with a cowboy hat.

 

I stood in her path, and she noticed me. We both just stared at each other, until she gave a fake warm smile at me. “Thank you, but I think I’m a bit too old for you sweetie.” She walked past me and was a few feet away when I spoke up. “You could always just walk away.” She froze in her tracks and turned to look at me. I could feel her boring holes through the back of my head. “You're just using him. You could always help us, and get a favor from the king, Nico Robin.” That seemed to catch her guard as she used her devil fruit to sprout arms all around me.

 

I just stood motionless, and continued speaking. I had to tip my hand a bit to get her to listen and trust me. “To my knowledge, you are a history buff right? So what would make you pair up with that poor excuse of a human being?” I already knew the answer, but had to make it seem like I was figuring it out to not throw suspicion at me for knowing things I shouldn’t. I felt her conflicted emotions, they were so bad, I couldn’t really get an idea of what she was thinking, but I continued on with my fake conjecture. “If you love history, wouldn’t you want to go to places where pieces of history are hidden? Like the castle? But you need a way to enter… Oh… You just want to put Crocodile in charge to gain access to the castle's secret library.” I finished my fake conjecture and felt her emotions again.

 

They were still rampant, so I had to help calm her down. “What you are doing is wrong. What you are doing, will kill hundreds if not thousands. I know you are not the kind of monster that Crocodile is. You can still fix things, before any blood is spilled.” She stood behind me in silence for a bit, before talking sweetly at me. “All that matters to me, is inside that room.” I sighed and slowly turned towards her with my paws up. She squinted at me and I could feel distrust oozing off of her.

 

“I know you don’t trust me. But… Please…” I then undid my mask to show Robin my face. Her eyes widened a bit and I could feel surprise, but no fear. I smiled when I felt that and continued talking. “There is no need for you to keep helping him. If I don’t stop Crocodile, then my friends will. You're on the wrong side of history Robin.” She just stared at me. Her smile was gone and was replaced with pursed lips. 

 

She eventually let go of me, and I placed my mask and hood back on. “There is a bomb on the clocktower. You should probably take care of that.” She said almost defeatedly. I chuckled while grabbing her hand. “Thank you... I know you probably don't believe in promises, but I will promise you anyway. I will get you to those poneglyphs.” I then started running while pulling her behind me. I was so focused on feeling the Aura from the crew, that I didn’t notice that I misspoke, and told her exactly what was down there. And how her emotions were singular now. 

 

I ran over and found Pell still waiting. When I went over I could feel the rest of the crew coming over as well. Pell noticed me, and saw I was holding onto Robin's hand. “You ditched this important thing, for her?” He was talking kind of vaguely to not let Robin know more than she should. I was about to correct him, but Robin spoke up before I could. She placed her hand on her cheek and started to speak in her warm tone. “Why yes… It seems I am no match for the charms of your little friend here. I tried my best to resist, but it was futile. He knows his way with words.”

 

I sighed and slapped her hand. “Both of you shut up. Pell, there is a bomb in the clocktower. You're the best to take it, and move it away from here. Robin, you stay with me. I need to keep an eye on you.” I rubbed my head at the annoyance she was causing. And I could feel the happiness Robin felt from causing it.

I sighed again as I saw the rest of the crew show up. Luffy and Usopp were the loudest. Declaring they were dying and needed water. I stopped them both, and showed them the water Pell and I brought. ‘Ok, that stops them from getting spotted early from Smoker.’ I then looked back to the rest, and they were all wondering who Robin was, besides Vivi who was celebrating meeting Pell again. Sanji was, of course, trying to play matchmaker with himself. However Robin turned him down elegantly. “I apologize, however I must remain with the man who first stole me.” She held onto my paw again. This caused Sanji to cough up blood while holding his stomach. 

 

I heard Robin giggle at the sight she was creating. I groaned while thinking of the way she phrased it. None of that was technically untrue. I just shook my head and tried to get everyone's attention, but before I could I was stopped by Vivi. “So… How exactly did getting my important letter to my father turn into hitting on random girls.”

65