Chapter 14. War Ends
1.5k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sighed at how well this went, and looked back at the crew. ‘Well, that was much easier than in the show.’ I yawned and moved over to Vivi. She looked at me with a large blubbering smile. I took off my face coverings and hood to show her my smile. “You did it. Now would you like to do the honors'?” She smiled and gave me a hug. I felt all of her overwhelming happiness as she embraced me. I patted her on the back as she let out all of her emotions. After a bit she wiped the tears from her eyes and started to move to the entrance of the casino. She led the way and the rest of us followed behind her. Zoro was dragging Crocodile behind us all and I was smiling at every step or bump Crocodile hit his head on.

 

We made it out the front of the casino to see Vivi making a speech to soldiers and rebels alike. “Citizens of Alabasta! We can now rejoice! For my friends and I have captured the true culprit behind the drought!” It was then that Zoro held Crocodile from the scruff of his neck and showcased him to the world. Many citizens were confused and in disbelief it was Crocodile who was the mastermind. I could feel everyone's emotions, and some people actually denied the truth. It was only a few, and when the rain would start, I think they would believe it then, so I wasn’t too concerned.

“It is time now to heal the wounds that this man has caused us! We can move on together as Alabastans! We will unite and show that it takes more than this to break our will! Our pride! We will rise from the sand and drought this man caused! We will stand together as one!” After she was done announcing I could feel her losing her strength. I rushed beside her and used Crocodile to gain some height to help keep Vivi on her feet. “That was a good speech. But you have to at least have enough strength to keep standing after you’re done.” She chuckled weakly as everyone started cheering and dropping their weapons. And now that Crocodile was knocked out, I could tell the moisture in the air was already increasing.

 

“I have a feeling it’ll rain by tonight princess.” I patted her shoulder and left without any of the crowd seeing me. I didn’t want it to look suspicious for a princess to have a small unknown person dressed from head to toe by her side. That sounded like a brainwashing scandal from my anime experience. I walked over to Robin and could feel her emotions were still a little in flux. You wouldn’t know it from her face though. She always had that poker face on. I got her attention as I approached and I could feel her emotions stabilize at the sight of me. She seemed to not be as full of anxiety as she was just a few moments before.

 

‘I guess I did talk her into joining us. Least I could do is always hold up my end. She needs to learn that the Straw Hats will never betray her. I need to be that first bridge so she can believe in Luffy and the rest.’ I nodded at what I had to do and spoke up to her. “Alright, we’re probably gonna celebrate at the castle. That’ll be our best opportunity for you to see what’s in there.” She looked at me as her eyes squinted. “Our?” I tilted my head at her in confusion. “Well I said I would help. That kinda requires me to be a part of the plan. I don’t want you to break a few necks in the castle. I’m keeping you in sight to make sure we do this right.”

 

She kept staring at me and could see my determined eyes peeking through my mask and hood. I could feel her emotions, and how they were becoming singular. Just happiness was all that I could feel at the moment. She gave an alluring grin that made Sanji jump and yell at her beauty. “Of course… I’ll be sure to never leave your side…” She then thought for a moment before realizing something. “Oh my…” She tapped her index finger on her cheek while talking. “You know my name, but I don’t even know yours.” I nodded that I forgot to mention it to her and stuck my paw out. “Name’s Calvin.” She grabbed my paw and shook it with her gentle smile. 

 

Sanji practically shoved me out of the way to introduce himself. While he was doing that I was approached by Zoro. “Hey, Calvin.” I looked up at him as he got my attention. “What is that Haki and Aura thing you two were talking about?” 

 

I nodded slowly while realizing I did kinda just reveal Haki way earlier to them, but maybe this was a good thing. They had to be strong to save more people. “My species is in tune with Aura or Haki. Possibly both, I don’t know if they are different or not, but let’s forget about that.” I pushed my thoughts, I was speaking out loud, aside. “Anyway, Haki is vital energy that anyone can tap into given enough practice. I’ve seen people making their bodies or weapons strengthen to be able to deal more damage. Even enough to hurt a certain rubber captain, or probably this Smoker I’ve heard about.” This seemed to catch his attention. I could feel his emotions burning with the possibility of getting stronger.

 

“You never did any of that, so how did he know you used Haki or Aura?” I smiled at Zoro’s thinking. “Because Haki can be used to avoid attacks. It’s sorta like a version of my emotion sensing. Except you can only feel presence, and not how they are feeling.” Zoro seemed to nod while placing his hand to his chin. He then looked at me with determination filling his gaze. “Teach me!” I smiled and held up my paw. “All in good time. For now… We party!!”

60