Chapter 23. Research
1.4k 7 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had to focus to try and not feel the girls’ emotions. I was too embarrassed to know what they were thinking of me. I took out the book from my Aura and started reading it with haste. As I kept reading, I noticed something that gave me pause. “These are spells…” I spoke half to make sure I was actually thinking correctly. ‘One Piece never used magic. The world was built with crazy devil fruits…’ I then had a sudden thought. “This world does use magic everywhere, but this magic mostly comes from patrons.” 

 

I looked more into the book, and realized I was onto something. The magic that would be cast was from Aura, but almost everyone never had as much understanding of Aura as I did. Even Haki masters were scratching the surface with what they were doing. They were able to cast a simple spell that hardened their skins/weapons, or gave them a 6th sense. There were few that were born with innate talent for Aura, and that allowed them to use another spell to cause those of weaker minds to faint. However, according to this book there was much more you could do if you were even more Intune with the world of Aura and Haki.

 

Spell came from using your own Aura to make them. The more Aura you had, the more, stronger, and longer spells you could cast. Most had never done more than the three spells that were known for Haki, so they hardly ever ran out of Aura, unless used to the extreme. However you could get away with using a very particular spell, and that spell alone, if you gained a patron to give it to you. “Like Devil fruits…” I said exasperatedly. 

 

I looked up at the ceiling, my mind whirling with confusion and fear of what gods were sending down each devil fruit. Unless it was just one god, but that seemed unlikely. “I just hope the patrons supporting my friends are nice. I mean, you have to pay a price for that power, so I think the debt for the power is paid.” I chuckled weakly praying that was the case. I looked back down at the book, searching for answers.

 

I saw Luffy’s, and Robin’s Auras, but they didn’t seem different from someone like Zoro and Sanji’s, even when Robin was using one of her spells. I was confused, until I thought back to Pokémon. ‘TM moves were moves that you could use if your Pokémon was the right type to use it. If their Aura was already compatible then they could learn that move to have their Aura make the effect. So… Does that mean that these Devil Fruits are compatible for everyone to have their own Aura use the spell?”

 

It seemed plausible, so I decided to focus on my Aura. “Then why did mine change?” I kept looking inside the first few chapters. I couldn’t find anything from it though. “Great! The biggest question that you would ask at first when getting this thing, and you don’t have it in the table of contents!?” I sighed while thinking of answers. I kept straining my mind, but came up short. I sighed in defeat of why, and decided to focus on the ‘what’ of my situation. “Like, what can I do?” I smiled while opening the book up again.

 

As it turned out, all of the spells seemed to require the dead Aura in me. I tried to do a simple one with my normal Aura, but nothing happened. I tried again with the dead Aura, and stumbled back in shock of what I just did. 

I decided to do the first and easiest spell that the book said on another random book in the room. I started as I injected some of my dead Aura into the book and watched in fear as the book began to turn into dust. I waited for a bit just staring at the pile of dust. I then slowly grabbed a pawfull of dust and let it trickle between fingers. “Oh that’s dangerous…” I spoke with fear in my voice of how easily it would be to kill someone. I quickly looked back at the book to sigh in relief. 

 

“A living person’s Aura will defend against the Aura of death trying to snuff it out. It is much easier to just rot away armor, weapons, and the such.” I didn’t want to murder everyone that I had to fight seriously so this was nice to know. I then looked at some of the other more advanced spells and noticed something that made me laugh.

54