Chapter 27. Goodbye
1.3k 6 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat up as the door opened. I looked to see Vivi letting herself in. Once she did she looked over to me, and began to sit on my bed beside me. She had her arms folded and I could feel her emotions of jealousy, anger, but also anxiety and sadness. I was confused about what she was thinking to feel this way. I put my paw on her shoulder to try and comfort her a bit. “What’s wrong?”

 

Vivi’s emotions turned more sour after I did this though. I was confused about what I did wrong to make her feel this way. “I need to ask this before I say anything else…” She said in a somber tone that sounded a bit shaky. “Do you love Robin?” I was taken aback from what Vivi just asked me, but I could feel how determined she was to know. I thought for a bit while the tension was rising. The anxiety of Vivi was also affecting me.

 

I sighed a bit, and Vivi’s emotions took a nose dive when she heard me. “I don’t think so…” I then thought back to what happened in the bath and fervently shook those memories away. “Ok look… I think she is great, and I can’t think of a bad thing about her. I want her with the crew, and I want to find mysteries with her… I’ve also seen her battered Aura, and I want to protect her from more pain… Us being friends is more than enough to do all of those things.” My brain then gave me a flash back to the bath again as if to say ‘You can’t call that just friends!’. 

 

I sighed and blushed from talking about this, but I did have a drink or two before going to bed to help me sleep better. Now it was also loosening my lips. “Ugh… Robin is important to me… That I can say for sure… Love?... I don’t think so… It’s not like she would even see me that way with my appearance…” I sighed again at being in this kind of body. ‘Maybe I can find a spell to alter my appearance.’ I thought for a bit, before my train of thought was derailed from Vivi’s embrace.

 

I was surprised at what she was doing so suddenly, and I couldn’t get a handle on her emotions at all. It was a torrent that was pushing against me, and in my tipsied state I had a harder time reading any other emotion other than some parts of happiness that she would sometimes emit. “It isn’t too far-fetched…” She said softly as she cradled me in her arms. I could feel her emotions of anxiety and fear, but also happiness and adoration. ‘There’s no way…’ I thought to myself while inside Vivi’s arms.

 

Vivi then let me go and stared into my eyes while full of determination of what she was going to say. “I have to ask… Who do you like more?... Robin or me?” I just stared in shock at what Vivi was saying. My mind was spinning, and it was only partly from the booze. “If I didn’t know any better, I would think you have feelings for me…” I said a little jokingly, to help her change the question, or at least deny it.

 

The only problem was she didn’t deny it. I could see her blush and look away from me. I also noticed her emotions were not negative. They were of affirmation. Like I hit the nail on the head. My stomach dropped with this new piece of information. “You…” Was all I could say before my voice cut out for a second. “You are a princess…” I said with disbelief in my voice. I really couldn’t believe it. “You could have any guy… Any guy, better than me… I don’t… How would… You have a country to run.” was the statement I settled on.

 

Vivi sighed a bit with a smile and took out a Den Den Mushi. “I can always just help with paperwork on the ship while traveling with you guys.” I looked at her incredulously. “No you can’t! That is a full time job! Not something you can do in the background! And all of the dangers that might get the ship destroyed. You have no way of knowing what next emergency may happen here that requires your full attention.”

 

Vivi frowned at me while putting the Den Den Mushi down, and folded her arms. “That doesn’t matter. I will find a way to make it work. I want you to decide. Do you want me in your life? Do you feel anything with me?” Vivi grabbed my shoulder to make sure I couldn’t escape from her questions. I was trapped, and had to answer these questions for my freedom. I gulped while just staring at Vivi’s gaze. I could feel her emotions going wild, but one was stronger than all the rest flying around. Determination. She needed to know this right now, to not get her heart ripped out away from home, and no way back.

 

My gaze softened as I began to blush from embarrassment. I sighed from confusion at what I felt. I was happy, and flattered. I definitely liked her more than the rest of the crew. I cared for her, and wanted her to do what she wanted. But she wanted me to be with her. Even if that just wasn’t possible. I had to hurt this girl now to have her feel less pain later. “No… I’m sorry, but I don’t love you, and I can’t promise that I will gain those feelings on our adventures…” Vivi gasped a bit while staring at me wide-eyed and covering her mouth in shock.

 

I felt sick doing this to this poor girl, but I couldn’t lead her on. “I belong on the open ocean, far away from here… I can’t ask you to go if I don’t love you… That wouldn’t be fair to you, and your feelings… We have to go our separate ways Vivi… I’m so sorry…” I could feel Vivi’s emotions breaking apart, and I knew I was the reason for it. I felt so guilty and wrong, but I knew this was the right thing to do… I hoped. Vivi just sat in silence for a bit, then she started to sob.

 

I could feel only her sadness, such overwhelming sadness that I started to cry as well. The guilt of making her feel this way didn’t help either. Suddenly Vivi just embraced me. I was surprised at what she was doing, but what she said next almost broke my heart. “Just… Let me stay like this for a bit…” She spoke with her voice shaking, and in a low tone. Barely able to utter the words. “Yea…” Was all I could say as I wrapped my paws around her as well. Doing this really made the tears flow. 

She was only letting out sobs while her tears were flowing, but inside I could almost hear her wailing from her emotions. We stayed like that for a long time. Just letting everything that Vivi needed right now to be done. I wanted to do anything to help her feel even the least bit better. She eventually stopped crying, and when she did I noticed she was asleep. She was still hugging me tightly. I just pet her hair while hugging her back as tightly as I could. “I’m so sorry…”

45