Chapter 36. Enigma
645 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I paused while staring at the oncoming ship, my scarf wrapping itself around my head to help hide my appearance. I walked over to the coast where our ship was docked, and focused on the Aura’s the other ship approaching had. It amazed me how Aura’s so weak, could be so vile at the same time. I took a breath to keep my stomach from flipping, and wrapped my eyes up to stop myself from seeing. This would be a way to test my training.

 

I took another breath, and dipped my foot in the water. I quickly pulled it out, and applied Aura to my foot, making an almost plate underneath it. I then stepped on the water again, and for a split second, my foot felt dry. However a wave came in, and washed my foot under the water I was trying to stand on, causing me to sink. I clicked my tongue while focusing on that feeling before, trying to keep my Aura below my feet to spread my weight across it, for the surface tension to hold me up.

 

However with each attempt, the same problem would occur. A wave would disrupt my balancing act, and my foot would quickly become submersed in the water again. “What do we have here?” A grimy voice asked above me. The ship and its disgusting occupants had arrived while I was practicing, and soon descended all around me. “I don’t know boss, it looks strange.” One answered back. I counted three in total, but didn’t bother to focus on them as I continued plunging my foot in the crashing waves of the ocean.

 

One of them scoffed. “I don’t care what it is, it’s blind and stupid.” He then tried to kick me, but I easily saw that coming in his Aura, and stepped out of the way. He slipped and fell on his back. The other two laughed at his display as he quickly got up, drawing his cutlass while his rage boiling towards me. “You little-!” He yelled as he swung his sword, trying to bisect me. I used my scarf to divert the blade, and while he leaned forward, placing his full weight into the swing, I used an Aura palm technique at his jaw.

 

He passed out and fell on the sandy beach. “What the-!? Boss I think this thing is a new bodyguard of that stupid dreams guy!” They both backed up while the boss talked. “Yea, luckily he seems blind and deaf. Only using those cheap tricks I’ve heard about to fight. Leave him be, and he’ll probably not even notice us stealing from his house.” I internally scoffed from his stupid assumptions, but acted as if I couldn’t hear him while silently kicking the passed out pirate. 

 

“What about…?” The other lackey asked, not courageous enough to finish asking his question to the boss’s flaring anger. “Leave him. We have no use of the weak.” “Of course boss.” The lackey responded, and followed the boss to the house. “Leaving so soon?” I asked while emanating the Aura of death I had within me. I felt terror quickly grow in both the men as they froze in place. The chill of the ever encompassing abyss made both men falter in fear.

 

The boss then suddenly sprang over to me at incredible speed. His fear was still prominent, but he was the type to lash out at what scared him. “Go to hell fucker!” He screamed as flew in my direction. However I knew it was coming for a few seconds before, and prepared plenty of Aura in my paw. ‘Focus punch.’ I waited until the last moment, when he descended upon me, and his fist almost reached my solar plexus.

 

At that moment, I used minute movements to dodge his oncoming attack, and rocketed my fist at his face. Effectively clotheslining him with all that I had. He flew past me, and managed a backflip while his body was limp, before crashing into his hull breaking it apart as he flew inside. After that was done, I glanced towards the last lackey who lost strength in his legs as he gasped in fear. “M-Monster… The one who is immune to the Devil fruit’s weakness…” I heard rustling papers litter the ground as he dashed towards his ship, dragging his passed out buddy along for the ride.

 

While he set sail on his own, running as fast as he could, I undid the linen wraps covering my eyes. I glanced at the area I heard the rustling, and looked closer to see they were Wanted posters. Luffy had his signature smile, making me chuckle while feeling out his straightforward, happy Aura from inside the house. It seemed that nobody even noticed what occurred out here, not that I minded. It wasn’t anything they needed to really overcome to begin with. I then saw Zoro’s, but there was one that I didn’t recognize. I stared at the paper, but it was suddenly stolen from my paws.

 

I recognized the hand immediately as it passed the paper onto another growing from the ground, to the next, daisy chaining to the trickster cowgirl leaning against the large castle billboard. I knew she was the only one watching that little altercation of mine, not bothering to help due to her faith in my abilities. I never once felt her emotions falter from her belief in me. As she looked at the Wanted poster, her face was still benign, but underneath the surface, her shock almost scared me. “What is it?” I asked while hurriedly rushing over to her.

 

I climbed up the wall a bit to see from her height at the poster. The image was vague, just an outline that had deep red beady eyes, and a long scarf that covered most of their face and hung down below the portrait. “Is that… me?” I asked while pushing my face close to Robin. Robin’s emotions fluctuated, not able to settle if she was happy or not. I wondered what she had to be unhappy about my poster, so I read the name they had for me. “Enigma… 100,000,000 Beri bounty.”

 

I glanced at Luffy’s poster in my paw, and stared at the bounty. 100,000,000 Beri. “Holy… Look at that bounty.” I said with a grin, a little proud how highly they valued me, and in my good mood my head rubbed against Robin’s cheek. By this time my scarf had shortened itself, no longer hiding my face, and allowing my fur to feel the warm smooth touch Robin’s skin held. Robin glanced over at me, an action that reminded me of what I was doing. I snapped out of my instincts and snatched the paper from Robin’s hand as I ran into the house, avoiding Robin’s happiness and teasing nature flaring behind me. I knew she would have said something that would embarrass me, so I went to the party the rest of the crew was having to avoid it from happening.

 

“Hey everyone! Look what I found!” I yelled while holding the posters triumphantly in the air. Everyone gathered around, and to my surprise, the old man and his friend’s emotions didn’t budge seeing my face. I gained a small smirk knowing that. “What is it?” Luffy asked with his cheeks stretched out comically from the food he was storing in them. I slammed them down on the table and everyone looked at Zoro’s, Luffy’s, and my Posters.

 

“Whoa!! Look at my bounty!” Luffy cheered at the number beneath his name. “More like, look at this one! Who is this anyway? Enigma?” Everyone glanced at the photo before slowly looking in my direction. I could feel their amusement in the difference between the photo and how I myself looked. “Pft! Hahaha! Looks nothing like you! Hahah!” Luffy was the first to burst out into laughter. “Now- Pft! It’s not nice to Pft! Hahahah!!” Sanji was next, unable to hold in his own laughter at this hilarity. Unknowing of his future pain.

 

The more one person laughed, the more others felt inclined to join in. Including myself. “Hahaha!! I think they only got that image from the Navy Soldiers that peed their pants when I accidentally stormed their ship! Hahaha!!” I announced, much to the glee of everyone else present. Everyone cheered at the distinct difference in the drawn sheet, and we all began drinking the night away.

 

After the party was mostly over, and there were only a few people awake, I got up to get some fresh open air, as well as talk to an Aura outside. The breeze of the ocean air ruffled my fur. The night sky alight with plentiful amounts of stars. ‘Hmm… I never thought about it, but does this place have different stars than Earth? Of course it does, right? Too bad I didn’t study where they should be, it all looks the same to me…’ I shrugged as a voice called out to me. “Ready to sail to the sky?” Robin asked, staring at the sky beside me.

I felt some worry buried deep within her emotions. I took a deep breath of the salty air. “I don’t think you can be ready for this kind of trip.” I scoffed. “But that’s part of the fun right? Doing something so crazy there is no checklist.” Robin’s worry diminished, as she giggled. “Indeed… Fun…”

27