Chapter 13 — Dance Partners (2)
210 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...I’ll be in your care.”

Like that, my ex-girlfriend — Shizuka Tsukihara became my partner for the party.

“Oh my, have fun, you two.”

Behind me was my mother, who was paired up with Shizuka’s father — Raden, though he did not look happy about it, as his face turned into a somewhat scary scowl.

My father’s face was dark, as he got paired up with another woman other than my mother. Father’s kind of possessive that way. I took a look at his partner, she has dazzling silver-white short hair and jade green eyes that sparkles like emeralds. Her well-arranged features bear a close resemblance to Shizuka, next to her was a tall boy who looked fifteen.

“Mum.”

Shizuka mumbles. 

“Nee-san, I’m here too, you know.”

“You too, Arata.”

The woman and little boy were apparently Shizuka’s mother and little brother. I bowed my head and greeted them.


“Don’t get too close to nee-san.”

Siscon?

I stared at Shizuka, who shrugged. The broadcast system spoke again.

“The two people who have the same number will dance the first dance together. We will begin the dance with the main sponsor. Please welcome the two pairs of sponsors for the first dance!!”

Looked like they were paired up like that for some reason.

“...Beautiful.”

“Yes…”

We stared at our parents as they gradually danced and twirled on the dance floor. I noticed that my father was constantly looking back towards mother, who seemed to be enjoying herself as she danced with Raden. 

Arata was also fazed by their dance, he doesn’t have a wristband, he was tall enough to be dancing with other females, but for some reason he did not want to. He was eating a slice of cake in a corner.

“Alright, ladies and gentlemen, dance time is starting!”

Everyone smiled at their partners and greeted each other with a curtsy, took their hand and placed the other hand on their shoulders or hips.

“Um, may I have this dance?”

I greeted Shizuka with a bow.

“Y-Yes.”

I took her hand and walked towards the dance floor. People were looking at us occasionally, maybe it was because of Shizuka’s beauty.

The music was slow and fast, but after all the time we’ve spent together, I knew her weight and moves well. So dancing was pretty easy for us, as we were educated with the basics since we were kids.

“Let’s dance faster.”

“Fufu, try to keep up then.”

Then, the dance between us turned into something akin to war, as we desperately tried to keep up with each other.

Sweat was forming on our foreheads, but it was so much fun, I didn’t want to stop. I didn’t realise how tired I was until we decided to stop and take a drink.

“Both of you are fired up, eh?”

Eiji spoke as he took a sip of orange juice, he had just finished dancing with his partner, who was a girl from some random prestigious family. He was now taking a rest with us.

“You shouldn’t keep a lady waiting, you know?”

Shizuka scolded as she took a sip of juice as well.

“I envy you guys, I got paired up with one of my ex-girlfriends, it was totally awkward.”

Akio spoke as he strolled towards where we were. Shizuka countered him.

“You reap what you sow.”

“Ouch, anyways, that was one hell of a dance, Toru.”

“Huh?”

“I’ve never seen anyone dance that fast and even!”

Eiji was also looking at me with admiring eyes, I hit him on his head. Then they went back to their partners after a short break. I offered Shizuka my hand as well. 

Unlike before, we danced at a slow pace, as our bodies were tired.

“A long time has passed since we broke up.” (Shizuka)

“Yeah.”(Toru)

“You never regretted it?”

“...No.”

Just like that, we danced slowly and talked quietly about topics similar to ones we talked back then. 

“So...you got yourself a new boyfriend or none?”

“I was in an all girls school before I attended your high school, and not anyone caught my eyes in the company, so the answer is no. I suppose you don’t have a girlfriend as well?”

“Of course not, who would want to go out with a gloomy person.”

“You are not a gloomy person. Look at the girls flocking around you back there.”

“All they thought about were money and benefits.”

I sounded down, and Shizuka pinched me on the arm, jerking me back to reality. She tried to change the topic.

“What would you do if I really got a boyfriend?”

“I would congratulate you.”

“Am I supposed to say thank you?”

“How ironic.”

We ended up laughing together, but our faces were a little sad and nostalgic at the same time. 

“I would punch you to death if you ever get a girlfriend, you know.”

“Huh, why?”

“You dumped a super beautiful girlfriend and got along with another girl. Where does that put me?”

“What if she’s even prettier than you?”

“I’ll consider it.”

I smiled at the self-conceited her. Then took a glimpse at the far end corner. A little boy was glaring at me, and averted his eyes when he caught mine.

“Your little brother is quite the siscon, isn’t he?”

“Can’t help it, he’s an introvert as well.”

“Ah…”

We danced in silence after that, past memories flooded our brains, but they were mostly sweet ones.

.

A nice little chat. Anyone wants to adopt the little brother of Shizuka’s. LOL. Here’s the information about him.

Name: Arata Tsukihara

Age: 15

Appearance: slightly taller than people his age. Has honey blonde hair and emerald green eyes, quite the handsome young man, but is scrawny and looks weak. A little clingy and babyish, mind you.

Tips: there would be a little humour in the next chapter!!

5