Chapter 3
36 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Adam, what college or university are you going to?" his friend Dean asked.

Dean was a tall guy with tan skin and dark brown hair and became a long-time friend of Adam. Although he was definitely tall, compared to Adam, he was short, but where Dean lacked in height, he made up for in muscle, shading Adam with his bigger muscles. This did come with some drawbacks though, like constantly eating food.

"I'm not sure," Adam replied.

Compared to his 10-year-old self, 19-year-old Adam was now way taller. He had grown from being a tiny 4'5" to 6'5", becoming the envy of many kids in his school. Not only that, he was attractive. His face alone got him the attention of many modeling agencies. He had blonde hair that went down to his eyes. His body was also that of an athlete's. He had lean and toned muscles, but that wasn't his most striking feature. It was his blood-red eyes that captivated everyone that saw them.

"Adam, you could literally do anything. With your grades, I wouldn't be surprised if you get accepted to Harvard, but that's boring. If I was you, I'd do modeling," his other friend Sarah said.

Sarah, like Dean, is one of Adam's long-time friends. She was the shortest out of the three, with pale skin and long black hair that reached down to her chest.

"But modeling sounds like a chore. And if I do get popular. You know what would happen," Adam replied.

"Right... they'd find out about your past or if not the agency, then your fans would find out," Dean said.

After it happened, the police tried their best to protect Adam since if people knew, he would most likely be an outcast, but it isn't that simple.

A few police officers gossiped to their wives, then their wifes talked to their friends. So on and so forth. It was just life. Can't keep everyone quiet.

Just like that, Adam grew up alienated from everyone. Until Dean and Sarah came in. They met in elementary school, and instead of being scared of Adam, they actually thought it was kind of cool.

How did two kids find a massacre cool? Who knows, but Adam has been friends with them ever since.

After a few years, the Odol house massacre eventually started to die down. Less and fewer people were talking about it, and as a result, Adam got a few more friends, but Dean and Sarah were special. They knew of Adam's secret, and they had a secret of their own.

During the Odol house massacre, an intruder was in the house, posing as someone working for the government, which is why the front door was left unlocked.

The intruder did threaten Adam's parents, but he was there to get money and steal valuables, not to kill Adam's parents.

___

9 years ago...

Adam woke up, rubbing his eyes from loud voices downstairs.

"Mommy?! What's happening? You woke me up."

"You have a kid? Great. I just want money and jewelry. Anything valuable. Now, if I don't get what I want. I'll shoot your kid."

"No! Please don't hurt him. We'll give you what you want, just please don't hurt him," Adam's mom begged, her tears dripping down and splashing on the floor.

Adam could hear her mom crying. He didn't like when mom was crying. It made him feel like crying too.

"Mom? I'm coming down. Why are you crying?" Adam, step by step, went down the stairs and was greeted by a gun being pointed at him.

"Get over here, kid!" The man grabbed him, keeping the gun pointed to his head.

"Ouch, that hurts. Who are you?" Adam felt like crying, but he remembered what his father said about being brave and not crying.

"You!" The man pointed at his mom. "If you don't want your kid's brains splattered all over the wall, give me your wallets and all the jewelry I can hold. If I hear police sirens, your kid is dead, so don't think of calling the police."

While the man was definitely robbing them, he wasn't actually planning to shoot the kid. He had a family of his own too, and unless he was forced to, he would keep his word and not shoot the kid.

Adam's mom wiped her tears and got up, grabbing everything she thought was valuable.

"Daddy, what's happening? Is this guy a bad guy?" Adam asked, still shaken by the whole situation.

"Yes, Adam, but as long as we do what he says, then we'll be fine." His dad was kneeling down with his hands up.

"That's right. Listen to your dad, and don't resist."

"Adam-"

The man pointed the gun at the dad. "Stop talking. I didn't come here to listen to your chit-chat. And hurry up back there!"

"I got this. I got this. I got this. I'm brave. I'm brave," Adam mumbled to himself.

"Now, what are you mumbling about?" The man pointed the gun back to Adam's head.

Adam let out a war cry as he struggled and tried to get out of the man's hold. "You made my mom cry!"

"Stop moving!" The man tried his best to stop Adam from moving, but kids were small and slippery.

Adam managed to break free from the man's hold for a moment, and that was when his dad charged at the man.

The man didn't even mean to do it, but the gun fired. It could've been many things. The man got surprised, and his finger moved, making the gun shoot. It could've been a reflex, fight or flight, and this was very clearly the former.

"Oh god. Oh god. No." The man backed up from Adam, whose body fell on the ground. "I didn't mean to. I swear!"

On the floor lay Adam, a hole in his head.

"Adam?! Adam?! Wake up!" Adam's dad fell to the ground, clutching his son's lifeless body. His tears fell on Adam's head as he cried for this to be a dream. "No, it can't be..."

"What happened?!" Adam's mom ran to the living room, dropping what she was carrying as soon as she saw her son's dead body.

She ran beside Adam's body, hugging it along with his husband as they both cried together.

"I... killed a kid. I killed a kid. Oh god. What have I done."

But then something happened. The hole that was on Adam's head started to close and heal. Adam's blue eyes changed to red, and his heart started beating again. He was alive again, but it wasn't that simple.

While Adam's mom and dad hugged Adam, they were getting weaker and weaker, and their skin paled to a white color.

"What's happening?" the dad asked. "Sandra, are you ok? Sandra!"

He lifted up Sandra's head and was met with her lifeless eyes. She had died, her blood drained out of her, and it looked like it was happening to him too.

"If I'm gonna die, I don't mind dying with my family." Accepting his fate, he soon died.

The man stared at what was happening. Right in front of him, the parents, while hugging their son, were getting thinner and thinner. Almost like something was draining them.

Adam woke up with a groan, finding his parents dead bodies slumped over him. Being a kid, he never figured that they died and assumed that they were just sleeping.

"Ugh, mommy, daddy. Why are you guys sleeping here." Adam moved his parents, placing them on the couch with ease.

Looking around, Adam found the man who had threatened his parents, the bad guy. "You made my mom cry, and you're bad!

"How... How are you alive? I shot you! You had a hole in your head."

Adam charged at the man swinging his fists. "Take this!"

The man, still frozen from killing a kid, couldn't react in time.

A layer of blood appeared on Adam's fist as his fist made contact with the man's stomach.

The man was sent flying into the wall, making a small dent. His eyes watered as he puked from getting punched in the stomach.

Adam ran towards the man again. "Take this too. This is what you get!"

The man, trying to defend himself, tried his best to shoot Adam with his gun. "Ungh. Get back! Get back!"

Most of the bullets missed Adam since he couldn't precisely aim because of his situation, but some shots hit Adam. It didn't matter though, they simply bounced off a layer of blood.

It was useless, and he also died, but Adam didn't stop there. Something had awoken inside him, and seeing blood gave him a sense of euphoria. It was like a drug. He continued punching the man's body, covering not only him but the whole living room with blood.

Finally tired and satisfied, Adam wiped his forehead, which didn't work as his hand was also covered in blood.

He looked at the man's disfigured body and noticed that he was still holding his gun. "Whoah, cool! A gun!"

6