Chapter 8
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Donar arrived at where Adam, Sarah, and Dean were fighting the mysterious lady, floating above the ground as he surveyed the place.

This place was utterly destroyed with a massive crater on the ground, but it wasn't anything Valhalla couldn't fix and cover up.

In the distance, he noticed three bodies covered in blood, one of them even missing their arm. Standing above the bodies was a lady in a black dress which Donar immediately recognized.

"Stop right there!" Donar charged up his lighting, instantly appearing beside the bodies of Adam, Dean, and Sarah.

He used his lighting to shield the kids as he stared at the lady.

"My, what a pleasant surprise," the lady said.

"Cut the crap. What are you doing here? Morgan Le Fay, the Dark Sorceress," Donar said.

The name Morgan Le Fay was known worldwide, and although this was his first time meeting her, she had learned about her in one of Valhalla's classes.

"Shouldn't you be in Europe? Why are you in America?" asked Donar.

Morgan pouted, making a sad face. "Oh, come on, you won't let an old lady get a vacation once in a while? Plus, Europe was getting boring."

"Why are you working with Necron?" Donar asked as his lightning surged around him.

"I'm not working with them. What makes you think I'd work with Necron? I was just exploring the city when these three caught my eye. And oh boy, was it worth coming. I felt it when we fought. Their Aether tasted delicious," Morgan said as she licked her lips.

"Back off, I've placed these three under the protection of Valhalla. From now on, if you do anything to harm them, Valhalla will be forced to retaliate."

"Why so serious? Thor? God of Thunder, right? I wonder if your Aether will also taste delicious." Morgan asked.

"Thor is not my name. My name is Donar until I am strong enough to inherit the name of Thor and replace my predecessor," Donar explained.

Donar was indeed chosen to become the God of Thunder, but he was considered far too weak to inherit the title and strength of Thor.

Morgan looked at the distance and smiled. "Loosen up a bit, future Thor. And it looks like this is my cue to leave."

Morgan disappeared from where she was. If Donar had to guess, it was probably teleportation.

Donar looked to where Morgan was looking and saw a figure flying towards them. "Why did it have to be him?"

The figure waved at Donar as they landed beside him. "Hey, Donar! What happened here? It looks really, really bad."

"Hello, Karl. I'm gonna need you to bring these three back to our medical facilities. Can you do that?" Donar asked.

"Of course, sir Donar," Karl said, saluting.

"Stop being so formal and take the kids already."

___

Adam groaned as he woke up, opening his eyes slowly. Stretching his arms and legs, he noticed he was in what seemed like a hospital.

"Oh shit! Dean, Sarah!" Adam exclaimed, remembering what happened before they blacked out.

Adam got out of the hospital bed and saw Dean and Sarah lying beside him unconscious, but they weren't dead, making Adam release a sigh of relief.

Adam inspected Dean and Sarah. Sarah, while wrapped up in bandages, didn't look too bad. Probably a few minor burns here and there, but she would go back to how she was after a few days.

Dean, on the other hand, was a bit different. His current condition was similar to Sarah. He was wrapped up in bandages with, of course, a burn here and there, but unlike Sarah, Dean's left arm was missing.

"Tsk, come on, Dean. Well, at least it's only your left arm. You always said the right was the most important for reasons," Adam said.

Out of the three, Adam was the only one without a scratch on his body. He was spotless. His body had healed any of the injuries he got.

"Oh great, you're awake!" a man wearing a hoodie said as he entered the room. Beside him stood a girl wearing a white suit.

Adam turned to the voice. "Are you the one who took care of my friends?"

The man nodded. "That's me, alright. My name's Karl, and I'm the world's best healer! Or so they say, I'm not really sure if it's true."

"Of course you are!" the woman beside him said. "And why aren't you wearing your white suit?"

"Because I hate it. Dana, these suits aren't practical. You know, while sparring, my suit ripped. A hoodie is more my style, and look, it has the Valhalla logo. Isn't it cool?" Karl asked.

Dana looked at the hoodie. She couldn't help but agree that it did look good. "It looks ok, I guess."

Karl chuckled as he walked towards Dean, placing his hand on Dean's missing arm.

"Karl, thank you for taking care of my friends. I'll make sure to repay this debt," Adam said.

Adam wasn't stupid. He knew that there was a real possibility of his friends dying. Unlike him, they couldn't just regenerate if they received a severe injury.

Karl smiled. "Don't worry about it. I've boosted your friend's healing here. Within a few days, he should get his arm back."

"What about Sarah?" Adam asked.

"Her? She'll be fine also. High Humans are tougher than you think," Karl said as he checked up on her.

The word High Human echoed in Adam's head. It was something he had never heard of. "High Human? What's that?"

"Wait, what? You don't know what a High Human is?" Karl asked.

"Nope never heard of it," Adam replied.

Dana giggled. "Karl, he's a newbie. Probably just gained his power recently."

Dana was wrong, but Adam didn't feel the need to correct her.

"Ahh, well, I guess I'll have to explain it to you," Karl said, taking a quick seat. "Ok, so High Humans are Humans with supernatural abilities. We're High Humans. There's also Aether, but that's another thing entirely. Donar will probably talk to you about that."

2