Chapter 10
25 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam was an overachiever through and through. If someone told him he couldn't do something, he'd do his best to prove them wrong. It was just in his nature. Beating everyone and looking down on them from the top felt good.

Lots of people at school used to call Adam a tryhard, but it always confused Adam. If he was going to do something, he'd do it to the best of his ability, whether that meant tryharding or not. What was the point of doing something if it didn't improve him? Some people argued that it was just for fun, but that just confused Adam even more.

For Adam, winning IS fun.

Anna continued showing around Adam. "That's the teleportation pad. If you get injured, it'll take you straight to the medical facilities. Only use it for severe injuries though. The doctors will be mad that you wasted precious Aether when you could've just walked there."

It was safe to say that Adam will most likely not be using that anytime soon. He probably won't even have to visit the doctor. His body will just regenerate anything. This was one of the biggest benefits of his powers. After gaining his powers, he never had to go to a hospital, ever.

Anna walked a few more steps, arriving in front of a rectangular platform, similar to the sparring area. "This is where you test out your powers. Just like the sparring area, the floor regenerates and there's a barrier to protect others. There are also dummies that you can beat up all you want."

"Right, I saw this place earlier," Adam said, recounting the scene of the place being filled with fire. "But when I saw it, there was fire everywhere."

"Fire?" Anna asked, confused, but she realized who Adam was talking about as her eyes flashed. "Oh, you must've seen Logi. He's been rambling on and on how his flames are reaching another level. Anyway, time for your reward, you haven't forgotten, right?"

Adam smiled. "I haven't forgotten. I'm ready whenever you are. Should we head to the sparring platform?"

Anna nodded, leading the way to the sparring platform.

"Everyone! Gather around! Anna's sparring with someone new!" someone said, drawing the attention of everyone in the place.

It didn't take Anna and Adam long to get to the platform and before they knew it, a crowd had gathered to watch their spar.

"Anna will win this one easy. No way she loses to some newbie."

"I don't know. Look at the kid. There's clearly a fire inside of him."

"Fire or not, all you need is some water and it's all gone."

Anna and Adam stood across each other as a barrier appeared to shield the crowd from any attacks.

"Get ready," a robotic voice said.

"3..."

"Better not give up on me pretty boy," Anna said as she stretched her arms and legs.

"2..."

Adam smirked. "I won't. What's the fun in that?"

"1..."

"Nice to see our views align."

"Fight!" the robotic voice boomed, echoing as the fight started.

Anna made the first move, charging towards Adam.

Fast, she was fast alright, and seemed like she was gliding over the ground. It was weird. She was clearly moving and running, but Adam couldn't hear her footsteps.

Anna's eyes glowed as a golden smoke emanated from her body, filling the sparring platform.

"Smoke to block my vision?" Adam scattered his senses, detecting Anna's position using her blood. "Behind me?"

Adam ducked as Anna's leg passed above him, just missing his head.

"Impressive," Anna said, praising him. "But can you keep it up?"

Anna raised her other leg, aiming for his head again as the attack whistled through the air.

Adam raised his hands, catching her foot. He felt the force behind her kick and she was serious, so he decided to get a bit serious too.

Adam lifted Annah by her foot, making her yelp as she slammed her down on her back. It was weird though. When Adam slammed her on the ground, his movements felt sluggish.

Anna smiled. "You're feeling it aren't you?"

The smoke! Adam came to a realization that the smoke wasn't just to block his vision, but it was a gas of sorts that affected his body the more he breathed it in.

He ignored it and actually took a big breath, exposing himself to more of the gas. One thing be learned about his body was that is built immunity quickly towards poisonous substances and if he was exposed to more of the substance, he would eventually build up a natural immunity.

Adam positioned himself so he was on top of Anna and placed his hands around her neck as she started draining her of blood.

Technically, Adam could use any part of the body to drain someone's blood, but the neck was a good spot because choking someone restricted the amount of oxygen that could enter the brain, thus making them weaker. He could also drain someone's blood without being in contact with them, but it was slow and tedious compared to the alternative.

Anna gasped as she felt herself getting weaker. It was clear Adam was doing something to her and she didn't like it. Her eyes glowed again as a goopy sticky yellow substance oozed out the pores of her neck, making contact with Adam's hands.

"Enjoying yourself?" Anna asked as a sizzling sound was heard.

Adam looked at his hands. The sticky yellow substance was melting his hands inch by inch and it wasn't planning to stop as it crawled up his arm.

The crows gathered around the spar groaned at the sight. It wasn't pleasant and they've also had their fair share of experience taking one of Anna's attacks.

Anna kicked Adam away, now free from Adam's grasp. She got up, her legs wobbly, but she would be ok for now. The amount of blood that had been drained out of her wasn't too much, and she'd survive.

Adam balanced himself as he was kicked back, careful not to fall over. "God what a pain."

"Do you give up?" Anna asked as she released more of the yellow gas. "Your hands are gone, and the acid will continue traveling up your arm until your whole body has disappeared. The effects of the gas should also be kicking in. In just a few minutes, it'll be lights out for you."

Adam had already developed an ok resistance to the gas, so he wasn't worried, but he had to deal with this acid. He could forcefully accelerate the regrowth of his arms, but the acid would still be there and it would just be a waste of time as the acid would start melting his hand and arms again. But a wonderful idea appeared in his head.

Manipulating the blood that Adam drained out of Anna, he created a small axe.

"Give up? I haven't even gone all out." The axe floated towards Adam as he used it to chop off the remaining part of both his arms. "Now let's continue what we were doing."

3