Chapter 10 – I won’t cry but I will complain
39 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 – I won’t cry but I will complain

Attorney Jimaol felt his viscera bleeding.

His fucking villa got attacked by fucking unknown terrorists! Maids, guards, dogs… none of them left alive! Even tougher luck, the government reported that it was perpetrated by another fucking country!

But the things that occurred after made him realize something was wrong!

His blood relatives died one by one due to assorted reasons. His other houses were burned or destroyed because of unexpected accidents. The wife and mistresses he had, either died or left him one after another. The people who also always followed him disappeared out of thin air.

But what angered him the most was that every last penny he had from all his accounts… all of them got donated to a million people!

It earned the recognition and praise of many people, however. Social media buzzed, even burying a certain picture from spreading. His years of service to the government became well-known because of this incident. Saint Jimaol – he even had this cringe title.

Still, Jimaol didn’t want any of these!

Though, the rage Jimaol felt only lasted for a couple of days before his balls fell off! His embezzlements… forgeries… blackmails… and all sorts of crimes he committed, all of them got shown to the public!

Right now, he wanted to take back his regret and anger, and now all-willing to become the saint that people spoke of days ago! At least, he would have a lot of face and his goal to become Chief Justice will be smooth sailing!

The social media buzzed once again, but this time, it was a public outrage! From the looks of it, people wanted a piece of his meat!

Anyways, because of his power, it was hard to accuse or prosecute him. Or at least, it would take days. He still had time to change countries and restart all over again. His intellect would be a good resource for others. In fact, he even deduced that the government would save his ass if necessary.

Thus, the vital move right now was to clean his backyard. 

It was a necessity to have someone beside him. His lineage went from long ages and he didn’t want to cut it on his generation. To an upper-class, family of lawyers, cutting all the roots would make him a bloody sinner! And currently, his only blood relative and heir became the wastrel he always wanted to throw away! 

Reaching old age, Attorney Jimaol knew the importance of the next generation. He became complacent though because he planted many seeds which all sprouted. Moreover, many of them became magnificent candidates to inherit his everything - even his dream!

Yet, the freakish nightmare made all of them die but the wastrel! Also, nature already became cruel to him, disabling him to produce anymore!

So, Jimaol called for the chubby boy despite being too reluctant before to even look at the latter for a second. His eyes became gentler, not hesitating to show his love to the boy. He had to do it, and shove everything to this brat so he could inherit his knowledge, experience, and possibly… his authority and power! 

No more wasting time like he always did! The boy had to learn everything even if he has to jump into a fiery pit!

So, going to school now became a more important matter! To show support to the child! And also, to get the boy’s credentials in preparation for the upcoming storm!

Jimaol pulled the brat towards their current car. Not that expensive anymore. It won’t even cost a tenth of the brand-new Percedes his deceased follower gave to him. 

He frowned while clutching the steering wheel. People drove his car for him and it grew on him all these years. Thus, he resembled a newbie driver, just taking his first time in a driving lesson. Still, he had to man up and drive.

Reaching the school compound, he pursed his lips for struggling with how to park. Also, the entire parking area seemed full and a despicable Percedes ate two entire spaces, leaving a particular position for him.

“Argh! Who the hell parks beside a pillar?!!”

Jimaol just wanted to ram through it, but he didn’t have enough money to buy a new car and pay for the damages to the premises. 

“Let’s go. We have to make the man pay for what he’d done to you! Let him cough up money for your medical! Even surgeries if we have to! Or else, he will rot in prison!” 

The chubby boy shuddered after seeing the glint in his father’s eyes and the determination he exuded. He knew that his father would put him into a surgery bed as long as they got the money out of the man! Still, the boy became excited as he could now take his revenge!

To Jimaol, he won’t let off the perpetrator until he had enough money to start a change! Housing, clothes, visa, and transportation - all of this needed money! He even felt lucky that his boy got hurt. Blackmail was his forte and he could make the man fear for his life. 

But it seemed he had forgotten that he won’t be able to charge anyone again like he used to.

Though, for some reason, Jimaol’s heart kept pounding. He trotted with the boy in silence, feeling the icy climate in the hallway despite the hot season. Like a path to hell, the long and quiet white corridors stretched thin to the horizon. His shoulders quivered and feared something would happen out of nowhere!

Time trickled by and sweat poured like a waterfall. His years of facing tough situations told him that something was at hand! Yet, his feet got glued every time he wanted to turn back. As if no matter how he struggled, he had to go! Go to this scary place!

Sure enough, the moment he stepped foot in the guidance office, he saw a man that would become his nightmare in the years to come!

Dugen.

‘He’ stared at him. Every nerve, every fiber, and… even his soul screamed as he watched in horror while realizing the man’s eyes coming closer and closer!!!

No joy, no sadness, not even a hint of emotion… just pure, unadulterated indifference resided in the former’s eyes! And these very eyes somehow felt could sunder the heavens!

With a sweeping glance from the man, everyone in the room became strangled chickens!

“D-devil!” His mouth spasmed, only letting out a gurgling-rubbish word.

At that moment, Jimaol’s face withered. Already old, he became older. The hair on top of his head became bare at a visible speed. Despite being experienced in judging criminals, he hadn’t seen nor heard such a person in all his life!

Like a death reaper, clad in a black suit with his red tie as a sickle… ‘he’ went near. Nearer… until he arrived beside him.

He, Jimaol, who had the destiny to become Chief Justice, flinched against a criminal for the first time. Blood drained from his face as the devil reached out his hand. Only then the old man discovered his bags of skin and brittle bones. Looking like he was on his last breath.

“What sorcery is this?!” Jimaol screamed. Yet, his voice got muted.

Truth be told, no one could hear him. Because everyone locked their gaze on the man shaking the old man’s hand.

Not well-defined jaws, eyes squinting when looking at someone, and a flat-large tip nose… they didn’t know why they find him handsome. And they also didn’t know why their chest kept thumping.

Out of love? But the straight men in the room didn’t think so.

Then… out of fear?

Dugen.

Next, their breath got taken away the second the man opened his mouth.

“Your son bullied and hurt my son.”

Jimaol shivered and tottered, almost falling to the ground. An immense amount of grievance just fell out of his dry sockets.

“Hik. I’m sorry. Hik. I don’t want to cry. I’m just here to complain. Really!”

3