Chapter 17 – Snake and Skull
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17 – Snake and Skull

“This world needs a total cleansing.”

Her own words flashed through her mind. “Poverty and hunger. The world isn’t a good place for people to live. Snake and fishes swam in one pond, making everything perfectly chaotic.”

“It’s a balance.”

“As the rich get richer, the poor grew poorer. The only thing a fish can do is propagate. At least with numbers they can never be extinguished.”

“But… is propagation only the solution? An instinct to combat the overwhelming power of the wealthy?”

“Or is it just a careless action of those below of the pyramid?”

“Solution or not. Careless or not. Snakes feed on the weak. And the latter doesn’t have anything to go against it. It’s balanced for the world but for humans… it’s not!”

“Gold represents the riches and wealth, and encourages greed and deprivation, in which spirals into a world problem.”

“Black represents hunger and crimes, and encourages lack of morality, in which turns into another world problem.”

“And no matter what the color, everything will devolve to a never-ending tragedy.”

“I don’t think God made such a blunder.” Aurora shook her head. “Is the forbidden fruit really making people stupid? Maybe what I’m doing is stupid as well.”

She glimpsed at the fiery hell before her. Gunshot was fired and explosions happened from time to time. Touching her hot mask, she smirked as she thought of an interesting idea.

“What will he feel if he discovered ‘me’?”

Aurora giggled. The organization she made ⸺Skeleton Snake⸺ thrived all these years. She went abroad not for her studies but to create this group. All because she wanted to make a change!

“Father, I’m late for your birthday. But I have your gifts with me.” The woman known for her murdering spree was now smiling from the bottom of her heart.

“A pair of clothes for my Baby Brother. Chic. Yellow with a cartoon character drawn in it. I’m eager to see his embarrassed face when he sees this.”

“Makeup kit for my beautiful Mother.” Her eyes turned into a crescent. “Although she doesn’t like putting on makeup, having one once in a while is go-to.”

“And lastly, my belated birthday gift to you, Dad. A bunch of seeds and imported cat food!” Aurora burst into laughter.

“Thanks to you, I can aspire to make the world a better place. I shall become the main villain so that people will strive for peace and prosper!”

Her luscious tongue stuck out. A frequent action. Yet, no one found it cute, instead one would find nothing but dominance and malevolence!

Next, her expression changed into a glare. She looked at the person she understood every inch and corner of his body. But that was in the past.

But now… they became enemies!

Gunshots raged amidst the blistering fire. The dispatched police force was suppressed till they could only cower in a corner. Each terrorist laughed and even decided to play a game. The most kill count would have the large portion of the spoil tonight!

Still, because of the cohesiveness of the cops, they fended off the attacks and the exchanges reached an impasse!

“You might now notice already but you are just ignoring every detail because you don’t want to face such cruelty. But it’s me. Welp, I still don’t want to make it easy for you.” Saying that she fixed her mask before joining the fight.

Her lithe body flashed, sprinting with unbelievable speed. The guns in her hands danced and every bullet carved her way!

Her vision locked on the corner. She knew if they couldn’t take the opposing corner then they would lose. Reinforcement was in its way and only by making a gamble, they would have a chance!

Her strides grew larger and larger, going into a full gallop! She even managed to scale the building wall for a few moments due to her unbelievable momentum! Jumping, she twisted in mid-air and her guns readied. It was her zone. She closed her eyes, feeling the breathtaking phenomena. To produce her well-known numerous carnages, she had to attain these almost supernatural levels of instincts, reflexes, and combat skills! And had to be when she was in the most vulnerable… and most exciting moment of her life!

“Use a weapon to pave your path. Use a gun to change your fate.”

“And so, I shall draw red!”

Bang!

The police officers gawked at the scene. They could only stare with blank eyes as a goddess of death flew right in the center. Her sickles fired and their blood became fireworks. They now experienced baptism before the afterlife.

One… two… ten… In a matter of seconds, every cop fell to the ground!

Every bullet met its mark! Each mark represented life! Yet, reaped like crops! From there, a pitch-red ground emerged from everyone’s view, even making the toughest terrorist shiver! And at the center – a devilish entity stood with unbridled pride and recklessness!

“Supreme! Still hiding, aren’t we?” Aurora laughed.

“People of Kimininas treated you as if you are some sort of God! Yet, they didn’t know that this country is such a backward place. In other countries, people at your level exist in large numbers.”

A voice answered her from the distance. “I admit, my country is weak. But that’s the reason why I won’t fall.”

“I defeated you before, didn’t I?” Aurora snickered. “And I don’t want to scare you but there are others out there stronger than you and me! So strong that they can kill us in batches.”

“Just come out and surrender. There’s no point fighting. We can make a better place together.”

Then, she heard a grunt.

“To protect my county, I will die fighting!”

Aurora’s expression faltered. She looked in his direction and sighed. “Birds die for food. Good men die for their beliefs.”

“If you die…” An indecipherable emotion emerged in her eyes before it gleamed in determination. “Still, you’ll die by my hands! I think that's enough!”

“Against a hundred, your fate is inevitable!”

“So be it!” The man roared like an angry lion!

Bang!

Hundreds of gunshots rang once again. This time, a lonely figure fought against the tide of bullets!

Yet, the outcome was something no one expected!

2