Chapter 18 – The Lion’s might
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18 – The Lion’s might

She seemed familiar but also unfamiliar.

Did he get familiar with her by just the previous exchange? He did lose before but he honored such defeat. He had lost count of how many times he lost against others. Her words were true, many people were far stronger than both of them.

Yet, the above explanation wasn’t enough for him to hesitate slightly. His steadfastness akin to a stone mountain wouldn’t crumble just like that. It stood because of a belief.

He wanted a peaceful world. A peaceful world where ‘she’ wouldn’t need to worry anymore.

No matter how many times the string of the guitar broke, he would feel happy. Because she was with him. The songs they sang didn’t matter. He just wanted to feel her touch. At peace but also high above the clouds. It was the purity of their youth.

Maybe that was the reason for his hesitation… It was similar. But the calluses from her hands proved otherwise. This woman in front of him didn’t play guitar. She was used in handling weapons.

Fuuu. Supreme slapped his cheeks and chanted on his mind. “She was not her.” He had to have no room for carelessness when facing criminals. His gaze became determined.

Supreme unbuttoned his clothes, pulled his sleeves, and removed his shoes. He hopped twice, feeling the comfort in all of his limbs. The cracking of his neck and fingers produced thunderclaps! He stomped on the ground, creating cracks that resembled a web!

Boom!

He leaped like a leopard! With lightning-speed actions, he skewered those careless terrorists with his elbows! He crouched, evading the first wave of attack! Taking small breaths in between, he took turns in jogging and sprinting! His figure weaved through the complex maze – the burning ground and falling walls!

Supreme sneaked at the back. His eyes flittered on the vicious woman and the men beside her. He suppressed his breathing and continued encircling them. He had to get a better position to attack!

Pak!

Seeing a suitable space, he stomped on his feet and transformed into a hawk, nose-diving toward them! Crack! They heard a cracking sound and saw Supreme stepping at their comrade's skull! He jumped but another figure met him in mid-air!

They crisscrossed and Supreme frowned from his numb fingers. He stared at the woman who was pointing a gun at him despite not looking!

Bang!

“Did she have eyes in the back of her head?” Supreme wondered while kicking the bullet away. He had metal shoes and his martial arts were impeccable!

“Good!” Aurora’s killing intent skyrocketed! She fired her gun with little adjustment. But as if the bullet was alive, it shot right where Supreme going to land!

Supreme roared and kicked the bullet which was a few inches from his chest! A human can do that??? The terrorists stared wide-eyed at this spectacle! They stuck their tongue out.

Aurora’s body became a blur. To her, the flaming landscape wasn’t a hindrance. It was her domain!

Woosh! Woosh! Aurora scaled the flaming wall again, defying gravity! It was like she was walking in the park! She even had time to taunt Supreme! Her finger swiped at her neck! It was her declaration!

Supreme, on the other hand, calculated the gun’s angle and tried to mingle around with the terrorist. Every time the woman attacked, one of her men was injured or died instead. Even though he was alone, the terrorists didn’t feel like he was alone. As if… as if they were fighting a plethora of enemies!

The terrorists could only try to disperse as much as possible. Although it was fortunate that they only had a few casualties, but this couldn’t go on! Police or even the army would surely arrive!

Before they could react, Aurora was already diving towards Supreme! They couldn’t even see her feet touching the ground! Her gun kept firing and the man’s wounds gradually accumulated!

Dagadagdagdagag! Aurora was so fast that only Supreme managed to see her figure! He reacted quite quickly and met her assault!

Their hand touched, making Supreme tremble! It was that familiar feeling again… But he didn’t have time to think because Aurora was already pouncing on him like an enraged cat!

Her dagger arrowed down. But Supreme bounced it with a backhand. Aurora clicked the trigger while Supreme remained calm and evaded with little movement. But Aurora used the recoil, left the gun in the air, dogged forwards, her dagger switched to her which was intercepted by Supreme, but it was only a faint, and kicked with her right leg!

Supreme’s stomach clenched but Aurora was one step ahead. Using his body as the pivot, her left leg tapped, bringing her entire weight upwards, her fingers surfed across the surface of the skin to entangle his neck, and all the while her elbow edged on his blind spot!

Of course, Supreme dodged it but the true fatal blow was the dagger dangling in the air!!!

Psshhhhhkkkkkk!

Supreme widened his eyes. A large wound found its way from his neck down to his chest! He kept repeating what just happened in his mind! It was like seeing a work of art! She was like a combination of a snake, a spider, and a scorpion! Executing moves as if her body was boneless, weaving her webs next, and then attacking with her most deadly weapon!

“Heh. Too bad.” Aurora felt a little disappointed that she wasn’t able to kill him. She backed up and faced her men with a demonic expression!

“You know what to do!” Sharp words sounded behind them. They turned around and saw Aurora descending between them and catching her breath. She licked her lips but this action made their scalp numbed!

“CHARGE!”

Her men could only grit their teeth as they charged and fired their guns at Supreme! Their eyes became increasingly bloodshot as they saw the latter swaggering in the middle of their bullets! When they got closer, they changed into blades and started hacking!

Joints, neck, chest, eyes, mouth… Supreme knew how to be efficient. It was the rule of a lion to use its full potential in hunting prey! Every part of his body had to have a purpose! They couldn’t be disorganized and each action must be planned in advance!

The fight lasted for a few minutes. But to Supreme, every moment was nerve-wracking! Aurora hid behind as if stalking his prey amidst the grass! The terrorists weren’t soft persimmon either! They were trained as an elite force! Internal and external injuries transmitted so many electric signals to his pain receptors, making him more alert and angrier!

When the final man fell to the ground, Supreme panted heavily. His vision had gone dark.

2