Chapter 19 – Mano o’ mano
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 – Mano o’ mano

Rachel waited for the right moment. Even though she hid on the top of the rooftop of a skyscraper, one city away from the scene, she was still able to see the ongoing chaos.

This should be impossible due to human limitations! But the organization could modify humans into super soldiers! Because of that, she became the deadliest sniper in the world!

The organization wanted something and it was her mission to deliver it to them!

“Ah… Another one bites the dust.”

Crash. Shrk. Shrk. The mansion burned hotter and the smoke reached the sky!

Tak. Tak. The sound of footsteps sounded incredibly loud at this moment. Supreme took a deep breath! And another sharp breath! But he still couldn’t feel any air entering his lungs!

From the corner of his eyes, a figure emerged from the fiery darkness. The figure sashayed her waist like a lazy seductress but her eyes were composed of domineering lights!

Electricity shot out! And despite wearing a simple leather jacket, her aura gave off that she was the one engulfing the flames! Like a beast, her ferocious aura couldn’t be contained! And also like a queen, her regality surged like tidal waves!

Two people stared at each other. It was eerily silent. Only the burning crisps proved that everything was real.

“Quite romantic, isn’t it?” Aurora clicked her tongue after a seemingly long time and walked forward without fear.

She smiled and gestured toward him. “Tsk. Tsk. Are you now excited to die?”

“I don’t think you are able to do that.”

Aurora smirked. She adjusted the gun on her right and a dagger flashed on her left.

Bang! One bullet piercing two heads! Supreme flung the corpses in front of him as a shield and stumbled on the ground in search of escape!

Bang! Bang!

Aurora opened fire and started galloping towards him. She laughed while she was in it.

“Let’s go, little boy!”

Bang! Bang!

Bullets flew in the air. The eerie flaming house spewed sparks and one could hear faint thunderclaps! Aurora emptied her gun and jumped at his back! She was laughing while piercing, stabbing, cutting, gouging, and plunging her dagger from every corner and angle!

Supreme wrestled with her. But he was still catching his breath and soon became flustered.

“Focus!” He shouted inside his mind! “I cannot be defeated! I cannot let her live! Many innocent lives will suffer! Supreme! You have to win!” His inner scream had already turned into a deafening howl!

Supreme’s eyes shone brighter and brighter! His resolve and conviction burned even hotter than the scorching vicinity! But his mental clarity was as cold as thousand-year glacial ice! The creed of survival of the fittest was the only thing remaining!

Peng!

The woman stabbed and Supreme punched her guts. Flinching, she tried to kick him but Supreme held her slender leg. He spun and spun until she felt nauseated! Supreme belted out a shout and threw her to the ground!

Crash! He stomped but Aurora rolled in distress. She used one hand to push the ground and helped her stand. But a shadow appeared on her back and grabbed her clothes. She only felt the gravity turning over and the pressure forcing its way down her throat!

Aurora’s legs became scissors while bleeding from her nose. But Supreme’s neck didn’t break. She could feel the steel-like muscles pulsating under her legs. Supreme grabbed them tightly but the woman’s body unexpectedly elongated like a snake!

The woman jumped backward and glared at Supreme while wiping her nose. “Looks like his Martial Arts improve once again. These ancient families are really a pain in the butt.”

Aurora knew she was faster and stronger than normal humans because of scientific research. Supreme, on the other hand, built his strength from hard work alone. She clicked her tongue and gnashed her teeth. “Those bastards’ schemes are truly ruthless! I can only risk it tonight or become a slave to their devices!”

Once again, they collided! A puff of black smoke covered their faces. Fire tongues licked them. But the two remained unperturbed! Their limbs became lightning fast while their wounds worsened and continued to increase!

Their battle now produced metallic sounds! They were giving it all! Blood flew like arrows, hair as wet as rags, and saliva splashed everywhere! Nothing could stop them! Even if their bones got crushed, or their entire skin lacerated, they didn’t give a fuck! They were bulls that saw red!

They crisscrossed and jumped back to each other’s throats! Both looked at each other’s bloodshot eyes! They could see the killing intent swelling to the point of being corporeal!

But honestly, to Aurora, this moment was precious. She knew Supreme’s character too well. No matter how much he suffered, he would always stand up and faced his problem with unwavering determination.

“That’s why… I fell in love with you…” Crystal droplets fell which evaporated rather quickly.

“Heh.” She chuckled inside her heart. She thought of the bastards who schemed against her. “You think I have really fallen into your trap! I dug your graves for you!”

Aurora had something to rely on! Her family!

Truth be told, she felt envious of her brother’s brain processing, her mother’s all-seeing, and her father’s evilness.

“Illinois can come up with plenty of solutions with barely a second. Such ability can enable me to construct plans and reform thoughts as fast as possible. I won’t stumble even if I face many challenges. Organization of fine details will be the same as eating. He’s a genius!”

“I know Mom already suspected something. In fact, she’s the one I don’t want to face. I’m so embarrassed! I shamed all her care for me and ended up a terrorist! Still, if only I can have my mother’s ability, I didn’t have to think and just punch through all walls! Thoughts and feelings? They will be tangible in my palms!”

“Even then, Father’s ability is the greatest. Even now, I don’t know how it works. All I know is…” Aurora smiled after thinking about some ancient secrets.

“Thus, I could only rely on scientific methods to make up for my shortcomings.”

Aurora landed and tried to catch her breath. Genetic Reformation. This concept flitted on her mind. She knew this gave her a huge advantage. But it also turned into weakness. Many powerful factions wouldn’t hesitate to commit genocide just for this secret.

Thus, she peeked at the distance and smiled.

BANG!

Her killing intent receded and her true emotion finally gushed out. She looked at Supreme lovingly and longingly. Thud. For one last second, she desperately stared at him…

Aurora couldn’t get enough of the man before her. “I’m sorry.” She whispered, afraid that he would hear her.

So, she couldn’t involve him… She had to bury her love for him.

2