Chapter 31 – Amazing Cats
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31 – Amazing Cats

Hissing, Rain observed his opponent before encircling him. He tiptoed on the ground, looking weightless. This opponent wasn’t the same as those potbellied policemen and guard dogs. Of course, the other two were dangerous to a cat like him. But compared to this guy, his tensed nerves were roaring! This kind of battle – he craved it! Although he already concluded that he will live a boring life after his master set down his baton, he still thirsted for the previous life! The thrill of being on edge of the blade and death… he was born for this!

Paesthus, on the other hand, finally calmed down. He didn’t feel it was strange to see an animal fighter. But what surprised him was the ignorance of its master.

“What kind of dumbass will invest something precious in a cat?” He clicked his tongue. “RaSahn Republic nurtured an army of bears to be their vanguard. The United States of Caameri used eagles for espionage and stealth battle. Both are devils in war. But a cat? His brain must have been kicked by a donkey!”

Still, Paesthus knew that his target was actually no simple individual. “To think my mission is someone who got an inheritance! Moreover, it’s not one but two! Or maybe more!”

The man started to feel greedy despite seeing the cat’s speed. There was no fear in his eyes. He had shared a cup with death countless times. There were even times that he felt he wasn’t living anymore. The only thing that made him feel alive was the pursuit of money and power. Thus, if he could steal the other party’s inheritance, he would gain both!

Shu. Shu.

Both parties vanished from their respective places. And then a clash of metal sounded. Rain reeled back from the force his opponent produced. Paesthus followed up because he predicted his foe would be still stunned. But he was shocked when the cat easily negated the impact after falling into the ground.

“Of course! The natural ability of the cat!”

Rain decided to forget clashing head-on and encircled around him once again. Paesthus understood what the cat was doing. He also knew that he couldn’t outspeed Rain. He had to rely on his battle sense to dodge and instantaneous speed to outmaneuver the cat! His face hardened while anticipating the attack!

Shu! Rain transformed into a blur. Paesthus smiled and muttered gotcha when a spike shot to the ground beside him. Rain pulled and changed his direction in midair! At the same time, rotating blades came out of his bag.

Paesthus felt a cold chill down his spine and threw himself to the ground. In addition, the apertures on his hands shot steel rods and blocked the rotating blades. However, he could still feel an imminent danger! He didn’t care about eating dirt so he rolled over to the ground. A paw tapped from his previous location with a retractable blade swinging in.

“Die!”

Paesthus didn’t want to be outdone and shoved his pointed sword the moment Rain’s shadow appeared in his vision. The latter leaped effortlessly but a gush of air sounded above. The cat looked up and saw the second pointed sword slashing down at him.

Rain’s face became fierce! His hair stood up and a ghost-like roar came out of his mouth! Rotating blades came out of his bag and blocked the attack. He spun mid-air to offset some damage but blood trickled down from his nose and lips. Another spike flew and attached through the ground. Rain pulled himself in front but Paesthus was paying attention and already regained a foothold. He reconnected his attacks with another slash from below!

But that was when Rain’s bag transformed. It transformed into a propeller! While in mid-air, Rain managed to change route again! What happened next made Paesthus drop his jaw! The former flew towards him before freefalling and then landing on the tip of Paesthus’ sword. With an elegant dash, Rain closed in with rotating blades and retractable blades sounding for blood!

Pshk!

“Shit! You!”

Paesthus screamed! His apertures opened and weird-looking balls bounced out. Then with a poof, a large smoke covered his escape route.

Rain smirked, seeing his sorry sight. An entire arm fell off and still gushing with blood. Rain stepped on it and looked thoughtfully at the device hugging the arm.

His master put wool on the world’s eyes just to achieve his peace. But from the looks of it, the world was masochistic. It killed his daughter and was now threatening his family. The few beat-ups it suffered before weren’t enough, eh?

Even so, Rain wondered if Emanuel had the heart to destroy the world. Once a man tasted the sweetness of a loving family, he would change for good. He might not be ruthless anymore which could lead to his downfall.

Paesthus looked at his bloody stub and chuckled. Even though a bone was jutting out, he didn’t feel frustrated. Instead, the greed in his eyes had almost overflowed. This was a small price to get rich!

“Such intelligence and viciousness, that cat resembled a trained mercenary instead of a family pet! It wasn’t afraid of death! Animals fear death the most. It’s their instincts.”

“But that cat risks losing its life just to kill me!”

He thought it was superb. Recollecting what happened, the cat actually knew how to use footwork like a martial artist. Moreover, it expertly utilized its gadgets and used them during crucial moments. From his view, the cat controlled the tempo of the battle. Even against an insane speed, Paesthus didn’t believe he will lose. But facing an opponent who was as skilled as the cat, the difference in speed became the reason he lost!

“The gadgets were a bit outdated. The inheritance its owner has seems lacking. The footwork is just fine but I didn’t know if it was an inheritance or something it learned. But the inheritance on bioengineering is surely high tier! The intelligence, speed, and viciousness departments outclassed those of the bear and eagle army combined!”

One of the apertures sounded and a small rectangular monitor came out. A map appeared and, on that map, a red dot was flickering. It was moving at an insane speed. From the looks of it, the cat followed after its master.

“The mayor isn’t enough. I need a more powerful employer!”

When Illinois finally woke up, he saw the busy cats building machines that seem out of this world. Chambers with green bubby liquid stationed right beside them. There were also monitors flashing countless images and videos every second.

“Where am I? What is happening?” Illinois sprung from the bed in shock. His abrupt action scared the figure sitting beside him. Only then he saw Lilia. The latter patted her chest before explaining what was happening.

“Those cats are amazing! They can type! They look more amazing than those computer programmers on the tv! Look at those monitors! I can see the back street! There’s also the president’s mansion! Look over there! Aren’t those embryos and tentacles? I can even see a large jaw!” Illinois could see how excited she was.

“Do you know these cats?” Lilia cast him a doubtful look. But when she saw him shaking his head, she didn’t ask anymore.

But the truth was Illinois knew these cats too well!

The boy became covered with doubt. He had an impulse to go home. “I need to find mom and dad!” He stood up with nary hesitation and dragged his feeble legs to the exit.

“What are you up to?” Lilia chased after him while trying to pull him back. But the former was determined. He disregarded the disorienting sensation he was feeling. He squinted due to the light so he had to block with his hand. Peeping from the gaps in his hand, he saw a car kicking up a cloud of smoke from afar.

Screech!

The car stopped beside him. When he looked over, he was appalled to see three cats on top of each other, coordinating to drive the vehicle!

The one on top gestured at him. He robotically complied. A figure followed right after him inside. Then with a nod of a cat, the engine roared to life.

Vroom!

1